‹ Prequel: Under Darkness

Under Darkness - Blood Lust

I Am Darkness

A fluffy snow was falling, very gently. When I looked into the pale-gray sky, i saw the flakes drifting down in soft, feathery clusters; it was the kind of snow you could get lost in and possibly freeze to death. Even the snow in these parts is deadly. No one would predict a violent snow storm, thats what gets them.

I felt the snow flakes melting into my hair as i walked away from the cottage. Miss Treason was shouting from the doorway, but I walked on, letting the snow cool my blushes.

I had failed again, my magic wasn't good enough. I had lost my grip and started a fire that quickly turned the curtains to mere ashes. I stomped in the freshly fallen snow, walking further from the house. Only the hazy yellow glow indicated that there is a small cottage nestled among the trees.

My Demon emerged from the shadows, his pelt covered in a fine dust of white snow. He shook it off and jumped off the rock he stood on showering more snow all over the ground. The big tiger strode forward and nuzzled my hand with his head. I patted his head and he obediently sat.

I shivered, walking under one of the large tree's branches. It did little to shelter me from the snow. I held my hands out facing my palms to my face. A white scar flowered the surface of both hands.

Danni watched me intently. His mouth was open, fangs extended. He was the predator and i was his prey. His eyes were a deep red color. He was gone, nothing remained of Danni except for the shell of his last life. Demons had merged with his soul. Nothing could stop him now. I was his Prey.

I shook my head, snow dropping to the ground from my head. It was dark. How long had i stood here? I reached from my Demon, he was gone. The snow was all pounded down were he had sat. Quickly i hurried back to the house.

All my muscles were sore, so i tried to stretch them out as i walked quickly towards the light flitting from the cottage window.
♠ ♠ ♠
:}:]

You can learn more about this if you read the first few chapters of 'Under Darkness' the first one. :D