Aerials

Jupiter

The white window was transformed into an oceanic blue. The clean white reflected a light blue, with traces of light green laced in the new design. Pilot Andy was admiring the nature through this window. He realized how much he had missed since being employed onto this titan of an airship. The light blue was instantly erased by a dark gray. A storm was approaching. Andy's stomach turned, he always felt uneasy with stormy weather, especially on this airship. He sighed, and then slowly walked away to his desk where a neat stack of papers were lying. That report is due soon, his consciousness told him. He slowly opened a black book, reached for a pen, and began to write. In further investigation, it was discovered that Private Cormac was not forced to accept the reality of death. . . Andy shuddered. He hated his position, which was currently Sergeant, for all of the investigation work he had to do. He was to investigate anything and everything he could find about current or past enlisted members of Aero 512, or anything that was useful for battle. On certain occasions, he was to decode foreign signals that the airship could pick up.

"Sergeant Andy, report to Corridor 7 immediately!" A loud voice called over the intercom. Andy was quick on his feet, grabbed the black book, and rushed to the transporter. He stepped into the white cylinder pod and pressed a large red button. The pod traveled like rolling lightning and was in the corridor in no time.

"Sergeant Andy, we're getting a strange code that we need you to decipher. It's coming from a ship below called the Woodmont." A lieutenant spoke as the pod opened.

"I'll see what I can do." Andy replied to the lieutenant in an apathetic voice and put on the headphones. At first, a light static was heard, but as Andy pressed a transparent switch, a keyboard appeared in front of him. He pressed a usual code on the transparent floating keyboard, and the static disappeared.

"He's good." A captain spoke to overlooking privates.

Andy rolled his eyes. This job was easy for him. He pressed the keys in a sequence that sounded somewhat musical, and jumped at the sudden loud voice.

"Preparing Jupiter strike on enemy naval fleet!" A gasp was echoed throughout the room.

Andy's fingers flew across the keyboard. "Come in Rushmore, Canada, and Twilight." A short pause of silence was pronounced. The responses from the three fleets was quiet, yet audible. "The enemy is preparing an apparent "Jupiter strike" on your position."

"Jupiter strike preparation complete. Deploying in five minutes. Allied forces evacuate the target area." A louder gasp than before was circulated around the room. Andy again rolled his eyes, and felt the need to hold up his hand for silence.

"Roger. Deploying bomber and attack planes." A sigh of relief was heard through the room, and then a loud applause. The sound of the deployed planes could be heard. The crew of Aero 512 celebrated with dance, music, and food. Andy left the room as soon as he could, with a facial expression of disgust. When arriving to his room, he chuckled. I hate my job.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read, comment, subscribe.