Everywhere You Turn

Everywhere You Turn

Matt’s black-cladded body blended in with the night as he kneeled outside of the large white house. It was dark inside as well, the only lighting available was the light emitted through the television set. He peered in through the long, narrow windows at the girl that sat on the couch in the living room. She was oblivious to the presence lurking through the bushes out front, too engrossed in the film playing. Thinking it was just the neighborhood cats creating havoc, she ignored all the other noises she heard. Outside, Matt slowly made his way around the building structure, searching for any available entrace. Most of the doors and windows were locked, except for the low bathroom window. He lifted the window panel open with silent ease and climbed in through the mahogany-colored frame.

He creeped around the open space in darkness, having already developed a cognitive mp of the house’s interior. He found the living room with ease but it was empty; the room was silent due to the movie stuck on pause. Elaine had momentarily left the room in search for snacks. He waited patiently in silence, sitting behind the couch until she came back. Five minutes later, he heard soft footsteps padding against the crème-colored carpet. Matt could feel the couch slightly shift in weight and he grinned to himself – the grin of a murderer. He slowly got off the floor and faced where she sat, slowly placing both hands on her shoulders.

"Hello, Elaine," he said in a smooth voice. Startled, she screamed and abruptly jumped up into a standing position. She had recognized the velvet voice of the man she once loved, and turned to face him with eyes wide with fear.

She began to stutter, "G-Get out." She pointed a finger towards the front door but he didn’t move. Instead, he began to advance towards her. She knew what he was capable of, so she began to run away to any place that she could, including outside. It was no use to scream but she felt the need to try anyway, releasing a piercing scream that ripped through the silent night air. The only noise that she could hear was the loud pounding of her feet – slapping against the pavement and her own cries. But she knew he was beside her; she can just imagine him running quietly through the grass, intruding on the neighbor’s front lawns. She thought that it was possible, that at any moment, he would be right next to her, ready to put a bullet through her head.

Within time, she felt a cold arm around her waist, pulling her to an instant stop. She stumbled over her own two feet and fell painfully to the ground. Matt was able to restrain his balance and stayed standing, soon straddling her waist. She let out another scream and tried to push him off. He smirked, revealing his white teeth and leaned down near her ear. He held the gun to her forehead as she let out a shake breath, holding in her whimpers.

"Why’d you leave me?" he hoarsely whispered, still panting heavily from the chase. She began to shake her head with tears trailing down her cheeks. She continued to try to push him off, refusing to speak. They both knew what was coming. A shot was heard through the night – a loud explosion that left the night undisturbed.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's really short, but you know, there's only so much you could fit onto three front-sided pieces of paper within one class period, especially if you write decently big. And you normally can't do horror.