Look Me in the Eyes, and Promise Me Friendship

KISS ME ALREADY YOU FOOL!

Aubrey laughed at something she had remembered that Frankie had said earlier that day. Joe was curious.

“What are you laughing at?” he smirked. She was silent, and shook her head. He grabbed her face gently and looked into her eyes. “What's so funny?” he pressed his forehead up to hers.

“I was just laughing at something that Frankie said earlier,” she admitted. “He brought the box over to me this morning. And I started to cry. I missed you guys so much, and he said to me, 'Don't worry Bree Bree, they will be back soon. Don't cry.' He was right,” Aubrey closed her eyes repeating the words over and over again in her head. Joe leaned forward and softly kissed her left eyelid, and then her right.

“No more tears out of these eyes," her stomach jumped. He embraced her and held her for a little while. They hugged the fears and troubles out of each other.

She screamed in her head, 'KISS ME ALREADY YOU FOOL!'

'No no no. Just kiss HIM already!' Nothing happened. She was discouraged.

“Shouldn't you get going? Your mom's probably worried,” she spoke up disappointed at the situation, and he didn't move.

“Mmm...” he hummed instead.

“Come on,” she made the first move and pulled out of his grasp. They headed down. They both felt better afterwards. Joe didn't feel bottled up anymore. He was glad that he could cry in front of his best friend. That his best friend would just be there for him and listen to him cry, to hold him, to cry WITH him. He was a little embarrassed, but he felt better. Aubrey had just now noticed that his style in clothing had changed a little bit. He was wearing girl pants... GIRL PANTS!

She kind of liked it.

“Joey, what's with the tight pants?” she asked as they walked through his back yard, hand in hand. She looked him up and down. He pulled it off really well.

“What? You don't like my pants?” he said with puppy dog eyes, and his bottom lip out. Aubrey smiled, as he started to 'Model' his clothing.

“I didn't say that,” she winked at him. They arrived at the back door. “I'm borrowing these,” she said as she plucked a pair of white Ray-Ban sunglasses out of his hands. She put them on and made a kissy face. It made him laugh as he grabbed her hands in his. “I really did miss you Joe,” he pulled her in for a last hug. It was soft, short and simple, but meaningful.

The night was over.

===================<|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|>========

The next morning was quiet. Her father was still not home and she still felt somewhat safe. She thought of Joe. She wondered if he was still okay. She wondered if things would be even more different if they had actually kissed. She was actually a little glad they hadn't, as crazy as that sounds. She was scared, confused, nervous. She wouldn't have known if it was a sympathetic kiss, or if it actually meant something. She still wondered how he was home. It was Saturday. She had the whole weekend to think about things.

She dialed a number that she hadn't before. Someone answered.

“Nassau County Police Department, How can I help you?” she tried to speak, but no words came from her mouth. “Hello? Is someone there,” she tried to speak again.

“H-hi,” she spoke. “I was jus-just wondering if someone was in the jail,” she didn't know how to word it, but put it the best way that she could.

“What's his name?” she asked ready to look it up on her computer.

“Arisen Adele. Birth date June 23rd 1959,” she said and she heard the typing coming from the other end. She got the answer that she had been hoping for.

“Yes Ma'am. Hes here for a while. For a DUI,” she heard the angel's sing. She was free.. for a while. She was safe, she was excited... relieved... happy. She felt things that she hadn't felt in a long time. She wanted to celebrate. She wanted to talk to her best friend, so she ran over to the Jonas' house. As she rang the doorbell, Kevin opened the door to greet her. He had seen her pass the window, so he knew she was there.

“Kevy,” she greeted him. “How are things going?” she jumped in for a hug. He dragged her inside and shut the door behind him. “How is Joe doing?” she asked thinking about last night.

“Hes doing okay. But Nick is still a little out of it,” Nick? What happened to Nick?

“What? Nick?” she asked. She was puzzled. She hadn't heard. Nick has Diabetes.

“He's been really tired. A little sick. We had to take him to the hospital yesterday,” WHAT?! What's going on. She was speechless. She didn't know what was happening.

“Nicky? Hospital?” she started to tear up. “Where is he?” she pulled down on his arm. Kevin's eyes were red. You could tell that he had been crying as well. He nudged Aubrey and tugged on her shirt for her to come with him. They trudged up the stairs, and walked up to Nick's door, which was cracked open a little bit.

“Nicholas..” Kevin said pushing the door open, “You have a visitor,” he was lying down in his bed. The big blue comforter over him. He looked worn out. He smirked as he saw Aubrey follow behind Kevin. “Ill leave you guys alone,” he stated being polite. Aubrey grabbed his hand and held onto it for a second before he left. She glanced over at Nick. She sobbed. She didn't like this one bit.

“Come here,” he whispered, still under the covers. She cautiously walked over. She could barely look at him. His skin was pale... he was tired... sick. “Come here...” he repeated.

“What happened to you Nick Nick?” she tried to hold back her tears. He was like her little brother. She cared about him so much. She moved a curl out of his eyes, but it just sprung back again. She kneeled down beside him, and grabbed his hand. She held it up close to her chest, under her chin, and then kissed it. He closed his eyes. “Nick, your scaring me. What's wrong?” she was really worried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I would post two for tonight! =]
Enjoy!