Look Me in the Eyes, and Promise Me Friendship

When you look me in the eyes

Out of nowhere, the doorbell rang. Aubrey looked at her clock and realized that it was already after 7:30. It was Adrianne. Joe insisted on leaving through the back door, but she wanted him to stay. She dragged him to the door, and still trying to be the least bit cautious, opened the door slowly.

“Hey Adri,” Aubrey pulled her into a hug. She was still pissed off at her. “Listen Adri, I can explain,” Adrianne looked away and tapped her foot.

“It better be good,” was all she said and looked at Aubrey with an evil glare.

“I should go,” Joe slowly pointed at the door. Aubrey grabbed his hand and wouldn't let him leave. Adrianne never really gave Aubrey a chance.

“No, maybe I should,” she snapped, and headed for the door.

“ADRI! MY FATHER BEATS ME!” she screamed at her. She didn't know why Adrianne had to act like such a child. Adrianne stopped, her hand on the door knob. What? She felt horrible. She couldn't turn to face Aubrey. She was too mortified. “I NEVER WENT OUT OR INVITED ANYONE OVER BECAUSE I WAS SCARED!” Joe backed away. He had never seen this side of Aubrey before. It kind of turned him on. “I DIDNT WANT HIM TO HURT MY FRIENDS! AND I DIDNT WANT HIM TO HURT ME BECAUSE I HAD FRIENDS!” she was still screaming, but her words started to slow up because she was speaking between sobs. “IS.. that... what.. you wanted.. to HEAR?” she grabbed Joe and cried into his chest. “I couldn't even SEE Joe. My best friend in the whole world,” she tried to say still buried in Joe's embrace. By this time, Adrianne had turned around.

“Aubrey...” she started to cry. “I'm so sorry,” she grabbed Aubrey and Joe both and held onto them. “I feel like such a horrible person,” they ALL cried. Joe included. “Please forgive me Aubrey.”

Joe and Adrianne were the only people that knew about her father. And thats the way Aubrey wanted it to stay.

“Let's order a pizza or something,” Joe spoke up. He knew that they couldn't refuse.

They spoke over pizza. They sat in Aubrey's kitchen. Joe and Aubrey sat on the bench one one side of the table, and Adrianne sat across the table. Joe slipped his arm around Aubrey's waist. She tingled all over, and Adrianne could tell.

It took her a second to figure something out. Her mouth hung open. “Are you two a... couple now?”

Joe nodded, and Aubrey slightly shrugged her shoulders. It wasn't official. He never asked her to be his girlfriend. But just went along with it anyway.

“Oh my goodness. Guys...” Adrianne cooed, and put her hands over her mouth. “It's too perfect,” she wasn't worried about hiding how she felt about them two. Joe looked into Aubrey's eyes. He leaned in, and kissed her tenderly on her lips. Adrianne cheered silently.

She knew that something would come about with them two. She had always sensed chemistry between them. They were happy, and thats all that mattered.

“Well, thanks for having me over,” Adrianne spoke up. “I have to get going though,” she started. “I have tons of homework to get done,” she lied, wanting to leave Aubrey and Joe alone. Aubrey pouted.

“Aw, do you really have to leave?” she griped. Adrianne nodded. “Okay, well Ill see you on Monday.” Aubrey walked her to the door, with Joe not too far behind her. Adrianne pulled Aubrey in for a hug. She then walked out the door. She waved to Joe, and then walked away.

Joe closed the door, leaning on it using his hand. He gazed at Aubrey in a way that he had never looked at her before. “What?” she asked nervously. No answer. “Joey, what...?” she asked again. They were alone. He stopped leaning and pulled her near him using her front jean pockets. She stoddard anxiously. “J-j-joey” it sent butterflies through her stomach. “What are you doing?” she asked oblivious. He pulled her closer, seductively looking into hear eyes. She wanted to melt into his arms.

“This,” he spoke as he leaned forward, pulling her into a small passionate kiss. It left her aghast. She was breathless. There was only one thing she could think of doing.

“Come on,” still taken back, she walked him out to her tree house. Her home, her safe place. Once up and settled, Joe's arm around her shoulders, she grabbed one of her notebooks. He kissed her cheek, and tightened his grip on her.

She opened up to a bookmarked page and read.

“When you look me in the eyes,
and tell me that you love me.
Every thing's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.”


She read, and then glanced over at Joe. He motioned for her to keep going. He had noticed that it wasn't the end.

“How long will I be waiting,
to be with you again?
Gonna tell you that I love you,
In the best way that I can.
I cant take a day without you here,
Your the light that makes my darkness disappear.”


He really liked it. He LOVED it.

“Wow, Aubrey,” he said flabbergasted, “Wow,” he didn't know what to say. “Wow.”

“You already said that,” she laughed. She kissed his neck, sending butterflies throughout HIS stomach. He grabbed onto her, pulling her on top of his lap, and just held her. She kissed his neck again, and then his shoulder. He shuddered. She lightly blew in his ear, which made his body go wild. She pressed her lips on his, barely making it into a kiss. He tried to insert his tongue, but she teasingly pulled away. He moaned overly excited, but pretended to be heartbroken too. She kissed the other side of his neck. He felt her warm breath against his skin.

Out of breath, Joe spoke. “Ree... would you,” she kissed him quickly on his lips. “Make me..” she kissed him again. “the happiest guy...” she touched his lower stomach, and moved upward. It gave him goosebumps. “in the world...” he continued, and took a deep breath. “and be my girlfriend?”

It was official. She didn't have to speak. He knew the answer. She kissed his cheek, avoiding his lips for the rest of the night. It drove him wild. It was a hot night. He unzipped her jacket, sliding his hand down her chest as he did. She straddled him, her hands on his face. She leaned her forehead against his and just stared into his eyes. He tried to kiss her, but she refused, giving him the cheek. He pouted.

“Aubrey Amery...” he whined. “My lips hurt,” she kissed her hand, and pressed her fingers against his lips. No fair. She kissed his cheek. “One more, over here,” he motioned to his other cheek. She fell for it, and he turned his head, catching her in a lip lock. She pulled away as fast as she could, and he pouted, using that bottom lip trick he does.

“Joey!” he cheated... and won. He won her own game, how did she possibly fall for his trick? “It's getting late, maybe you should go home,” she spoke. His shoulders fell. He pouted.

“Now?” he held his chest, near his heart. “Ow, it hurts.. it hurts,” he joked, somewhat believable. Aubrey got up and headed for the exit. He continued. “Do you know what will make it all better?”

“Save it,” Aubrey blurted with a smile. She headed down the steps. It left Joe flabbergasted, his mouth opened shocked. She did NOT just do that.

They stopped at the line of their yards. Joe picked Aubrey up for a hug, and swung her around. Leaving Joe with a quick kiss, she turned around and headed home. Joe just stood and watched as she went inside, and then headed home himself.

Sleep time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a LONNNNG chapter. =]
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been wrapped up in so many other things.
I hope you enjoy this. =]