Suicide Season

Do Me A Favour

Jezebel Sophie Allen was your everyday ordinary Yorkshire girl, with the standard long blond brown indie cut hair and piercing blue eyes that all Northern girls seemed to posses. Armed with wit and sharp sarcasm, Jezebel Allen steam-rollered through life always knowing just exactly where she was going and what she wanted.

At the tender age of 19 she went to study Philosophy and Religion at the University of Sheffield as philosophy had been a subject that hadn't been as tedious as her other mandatory subjects in school and hence it had been the logical step to take on to university. At the age of 21 she was just about to finish her degree and she thought she knew exactly where she was going to go after having received her diploma, she wanted to go into child care and make sure that all those disadvantaged children received just the right care that they deserved.

However the one boy who always seemed to turn everything upside down in her world had just mixed up her plans severely.

"Oh no I will not mother!" Jez had exclaimed down the phone to her mother. "I refuse, I can't go looking after a bunch of boys when I'm meant to be studying for exams!"

"Jezebel," her mother warned severely. "I promised Mrs Sykes you would take care of her boys, you are the only one who seems to be able to do that."

Jezebel was the one that everyone had always relied on, she had her feet firmly planted on the ground and always kept a clear head. She was stead fast and hard working, maybe it was the working man's ethos that was firmly embedded in Northern people, or maybe it was just her determination to get further than anyone else that she knew.

But then again she had lived her life along side two of what could possibly be argued two of the countries most influential men in the music industry: Alex Turner and Oliver Sykes, so she had a lot of running to do if she was going to get further than either of them. In some sense it was not fame that she aspired for, or for teenagers to know her name, instead she wanted to be known in her own right and admired in the circle of people whom she cared for most.

Grudgingly she told her mother that she would go and talk to Oli later on and that she first had to think about what she was going to be letting herself into.

As she placed the phone back into the cradle she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist and a kiss was planted at the base of her neck.

"Trouble?" Alex asked as Jez let out a frustrated sigh and pressed the palm of her hand to her forehead.

Jez just nodded as she sank down onto the couch that was decorating the rather small living room of the apartment that she and Alex Turner shared. She was about to tell Alex everything when there was a knock on the door.

The minute that Jez opened the front door Hurricane Oliver stormed in, with a whirl of designer aftershave encircling him and the smell of hair products streaming from him was almost over powering.

"Where’s yer bag then?" Oli asked, scanning the neat hall for the sign of a large black bag that he had become accustomed to dragging around after him onto various vans and tour buses.

"What bag?" Alex asked genuinely confused as he also joined Jez and Oli in the hall, eyeing Oli with a small look of distaste on his face.

"Her bag for tour indie boy," Oli bit back with some contempt. "She's going on tour with us."

"You are?" Alex asked with his eyebrows raised as he turned to face Jez who ran a hand through her mane of puffy hair in some desperation and anticipation of what was about to happen.

Her situations always ended up the same; she was always in the middle of two boys who equally meant the world to her: one being her boyfriend and the other being her best friend. It had always been like this, she either had to choose to spend her time with Oli or Alex, and seeing as neither boy liked the other this often led to serious conflicts. In Oli's eyes Alex was a 'girly indie kid' who spent far too much time in the shoe section of TopMan. In Alex's eyes, Oli was a 'pussy scene kid' who was going to look like an idiot in twenty years time when he was stuck with wrinkly tattoos covering almost every inch of his body.

Hence it was perfectly understandable why the situation escalated very quickly, Alex was furious that Jez had to be charged with the duty of baby sitting a group of 'wailing scene kids on tour', Oli was perfectly enraged at the idea of his best friend not being able to join them just because her boyfriend 'wanted her all to himself'.

Either way after much debate and raised voices it was agreed that Jez would be able to spend two weeks out of three with Bring Me The Horizon. Alex also made it clear that she would under no circumstances be joining Bring Me The Horizon on tour any time soon after her mandatory two weeks of chaos.

Jezebel stayed quite during the delegation. She knew that it was pointless for her to voice her opinion as it was an opinion that would have offended at least one of the boys who meant so much to her.

She would have much more preferred not going on tour again, she hated tours especially when they meant putting distance between her and Alex. But she knew that Oli needed her on tour and so her obligations as best friend were clear.

So half an hour later she was packing her bag with a heavy heart. With the help of Alex she somehow managed to fit about three quarters of the content of her super sized wardrobe into the bag that she used only for tours. Alex slipped her favourite books and Bob Dylan CDs into the bag without her realising, he knew she would need some good literature to read and to keep her sane. Her mandatory TopShop heels were of course also in place.

Her good bye to Alex was a difficult and heart felt one, she hated being parted from her boy whom she loved so dearly. He was her poet and daily joy, always coming up with new lines and clever songs that always charmed her.

She planted firm kisses on her boyfriend of two years, desperate to know that he wasn't going anywhere whilst she was gone.

The impatient sighs from Oli behind her, cut the good bye short and she threw her arms around Alex and buried her face in his neck before being pulled away from Oli.

"Come back home soon," Alex said with a sad smile from the front door as he watched Oli drag Jezebel to a waiting van.

An uneasy feeling grew in Alex's stomach as he watched Jez clamber in the van, but not before shooting him a sad smile and blowing a kiss. He knew that this was going to be a challenging two weeks; he did not trust Oli around Jez one bit. But she trusted him and that was going to have to suffice for Alex.

However he knew that he would soon be receiving calls at three in the morning from a hysteric Jez saying that she just wanted to go home and that she hated it on tour, it was only a matter of time really.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sue me, it's new. It'll be shortish and there'll be lots of famous faces in it.
Feedback is love, please do comment. I'm putting way too much effort into this.
xoxox