Suicide Season

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

Bring Me The Horizon always brought the parties, yet the crowded room and thudding music did little to cheer Jez up and bring her back to the reality.

She had literally been dragged off the bus to a club in town that was the only one willing to host the after party. Despite various protests and threats to Oil's hair, the loose mouthed West Yorkshire boy did not slacken his grip on her wrist, and so it came that half an hour later Jez was standing at the bar, wearing a little green dress over leggings, and sheepishly asking for a glass of iced water, with her self appointed bodyguard of the evening, Sean Smith, standing right next to her sipping on a coke.

"You not keen on these things?" Sean asked her over the thudding music as he scanned the sea of black clothes bodies in front of him.

"I do usually, but when it's Oli you've got to be carefully," Jez said rather bitterly taking a sip of the icy water.

She had talked Sean through her long running history with Oli, how she had gone to the same school as him, and how Alex Turner had been in the year above them. How she had developed an odd friendship of insults with Oli, which then lead onto an amiable and comfortable relationship between friends. But a little of this friendship had died when she started going out with Alex.

"But why are you on tour with them?"" Sean asked full of interest, but watching Rhys on the other side of the room getting rejected by a very sleek looking blonde. "You hate their music don't you?" He asked with a laugh.

Jez nodded with a wry grin on her face.

"I can't stand it, but Oli's been my friend for such a long time and I'm proud of what he's done. He asked me to come along and I did," Jez said slowly, realizing that it wasn't a very strong argument.

Sean only nodded silently, not wanting to voice his personal thoughts just yet. But he thought that Oli Sykes was one lucky bugger. Sean didn't know many girls who would be willing to go on tour with a band whose music they couldn't stand and take it quite as graciously as Jez did.

He wanted to say this to her but instead asked her to dance instead.

On the other side of the room, Oli was surrounded by people, like an island is surrounded by water, but his thoughts weren't with the fans that were clamouring about him. His eyes were firmly set on Jez who had been standing at the bar talking to Sean. Oli didn't like how she was smiling so much more with Sean than with him, and he certainly didn't like it at all when he saw Jez take Sean's hand and walk into the crowded dance floor.

Oli Sykes was as jealous as it got.

He could have done two things. He could have pulled one of the many girls that leeched onto him and try make Jez jealous with that, or he could accuse her of being a cheating little whore. However none of those things really were an option. Jez would not be at all jealous if he got with another girl, she would just simply shrug and shake her head over his arrogant ways. The second option would only hurt her, and also be a blatant lie. She was not one to cheat on anyone, especially Alex, and Jez was about as whoreish as a nun.

But Oli would bide his time. He would be able to have some shining moment that would turn her attention from Sean, back to him.

Little did he know that that opportunity was only just around the corner.

As a way of distraction Oli moved to the dance floor, eagerly followed by a throng of faithful trailers, where Jez and Sean also were laughing and taking the piss out of each others attempted robot dancing.

That was when it happened.

A man nearing the end of his twenties had been watching Jez for the entire evening. He had stealthily shadowed her and followed her everywhere. So it came that he had been dancing near to her and Sean to whole time, and eventually he decided to make his move.

He came close to her side and took a whole of her wrist, causing Jez to snap her head around and look at the strange man with wide eyes, a note of panic flashing up in them.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing dancing with someone like him?" The man said with some ironic amusement in his voice and gestured at Sean. "Let me buy you a drink."

A shaky laugh emitted from Jez's throat, but her panic was fading. This type of thing always happened when she went on tours with Bring Me The Horizon. Maybe it had something to with the fact that so much alcohol was always in circulation at the shows and the effect it had on the boys around her.

"That's kind of you, but no thanks," Jez said firmly and tried to disengage her wrist from the young man's strong grasp, without much avail.

"No really, I insist," the man said emphatically and started to walk away, dragging Jez with him.

However Sean stepped in front of the tall black haired man, preventing him from walking any further.

"I don't quite think you understood, she said no," Sean said with a menacing note in his voice, sizing the man up.

By now they had drawn the curiosity of the majority of the people on the dance floor towards them, and even Oli stopped talking to the pretty girls to his left and turned his gaze towards Sean, Jez and the strange man.

Seeing the possessive and possibly aggressive grip that the man hand on Jez's wrist, caused a fireball of anger and rage to explode in Oli stomach. He hated himself for the automatic protective instinct that arose every time Jez fell into some sort of calamity, but he couldn't help acting on it.

"Oi wanker get the hell off of her!" Oli shouted over the thudding club music, choosing to resolve this matter in his way, and in three strides he was at Sean's side, visibly fuming, fists balled at his sides.

"Who the hell are you?" The dark haired man asked, not taking Oli's swearing at him into account.

"Oli fucking Sykes now get the hell away from her," Oli said menacingly, ignoring the pleading looks from Jez to just let it go.

Jez hated situations like this because they always ended in some band male rescuing her, Oli had more than enough practice of getting her out of situation like this and it was beginning to tire her. She didn't need Oli Sykes to help her again.

So she simply stood on the man's foot with her heel.

The four-inch heel of her TopShop shoes easily pierced the canvas fabric of the man's cheap Primark shoe, causing a cry of pain to emit from the man's throat, and he let go of her wrist instantly, leaving Sean and Oli stood there feeling rather redundant.

Jez, satisfied with her self smirked at the man and was about to walk back to the bar to get another glass of iced water when the hand of the man shot out again this time getting a painful hold of her arm.

"For God's sake!" Jez exclaimed loudly, getting extremely annoyed with the relentlessness of the man. She was about to simply kick him in his most sensitive area when Oli punched the man squarely in the nose with the hand that had the 'Drop' of his 'Drop Dead' tattoo on it. The man dropped like a stone to the floor

"Stay the fuck away from her!" Oli shouted and was about to follow the man down and hit him again, but Sean held him back, albeit with some difficulty as Oli was determined to leave more than one bruise or broken bone.

Jez was stood at the side, her mouth hanging open, knowing that this motion of Oli's was going to set the tone for the rest of the thirteen days left of the tour.

Complete and utter chaos.
♠ ♠ ♠
After the John story is done this will be my top priority.

Oh and whilst we're on the subject of the John story, out of about 140 readers only 3 (wonderful and amazing) people (you know who you are and I love you for it) commented.
If you read the story please feedback because there's only one more part left.

xoxo