Suicide Season

'D' Is For Dangerous

"Don't you dare think that you were being noble in any way or form," Jez hissed through the thick iron bars of the overnight cell that Oli was currently sat in. "I could have handled that perfectly well on my own thank you."

Currently Jez, Tom, Curtis, Sean and Craig, Bring Me The Horizon's manager, were in the Police Station of the town where the show had been that night. To Jez this city was yet another nameless and gloomy place, which would only be replaced by the same style town tomorrow, provided that the lead singer of the band was allowed to come with them.

"Alex would have done the same thing and that man was being aggressive Jez!" Oli wailed in some vain attempt at self-defence.

"Even if Alex had done the same thing I would still be saying the same thing to him as I am to you! As for the aggression: says the boy who punched that man down and would have hit him again!" Jez said indignantly, shivering slightly in her sleeveless going out dress, even though Tom had given her his hoodie to keep her warm.

Tom Sykes was currently working through the paper work for his brother, feeling a strange sense of deja vu. He was always the one who pulled Oli out of the shit that he had gotten himself into. Tom was always the sensible one, and he couldn’t help but agree with everything that fell out of Jez's mouth.

"I've told you before not to do stuff like that," Jez said her tone softening slightly as she remembered various incidents before where Oli had intervened in the same manner. "I've always said it'll get you into trouble."

"Year but it got you out of trouble didn't it?" Oli said with his cocky grin as he was stood leaning against the bars mirroring Jez and resting his hands either side of his head, looking exhausted despite his smiles.

The depths he went to impress a girl, and it never worked. Jez never saw moments like this as just more than a sign of almost brotherly affection, she always was of the conviction that he was just too overprotective a friend.

Curtis handed Oli a cup of water through the bars and smiled encouragingly at his friend.

"It'll be done soon, Sean's giving his statement and they're probably letting you go with a warning," Curtis said with a soft smile, he had an including as to why his best friend had reacted in the way that he had, but Curtis chose to keep this knowledge to himself.

Now was not the right time.

After Tom had gone through the mountain of paper work, and after Sean had given his statement Oli was indeed free to go. The Police weren't too bothered about a 'kid' the likes of Oli, they had more important things to be doing.

The mood on the bus was subdued once they had all returned back.

Oli simply dropped to the sofa in the lounge and started straight ahead, provoking Matt Kean to say jokingly that the cell had traumatised him. Lee and Curtis were busy sending e-mails back home on their laptops, whilst Matt Nicholls leafed through a copy of Kerrang.

Jez had chosen to make a speedy exit from the lounge and went to the bunks to change into some long red and white striped Jack Wills pyjama bottoms and a white t-shirt, feeling far more comfortable now that she was out of her clingy evening dress. She slipped out of her heels and into her little tan coloured uggs, and then went to dig around in her bag for her phone to call Alex.

He had been expecting her to call him, not because he knew something was wrong but because that was what she always did during the first couple of days on tour. She always tried to call home as often as possible.

She told him all about the evenings occurrences and even hundreds of miles away she could feel the anger of Alex when she told him what happened at the club.

"Can't say I blame Oli, for once, I would have done exactly the same thing," Alex said in his broad West Yorkshire accent that always made Jez smile, her own Yorkshire accent was hardly as dominant as his and sometimes she envied him for it.

But she didn't know if she found Alex's affirmation that he would have acted in the same way comforting or not. Obviously the two boys were more alike than either of them wished.

Even when sitting in the lounge, Oli could hear some fragments of the conversation that Jez was having with the boy who, or at least Oli thought so, had everything that a guy could possibly want. This was a big confession for him to lay down, especially as Oli had little to no respect for the 'dirty indie kid'.

He hated how Alex was always on her mind and how much happier she sounded when she was on the phone to him. Oli had often wished he could tell Jez all of this, but he wasn't good with words, he only really had to scream in Bring Me The Horizon's songs after all making most words incomprehensible and unmeaning, so he had yet to learn the worth of words.

Something he hoped to do before the end of Jez' two week stay.

Day two of the tour was in Jez's eyes scarily quiet compared to the kick off. There was no dilemma with the venue and all the sound equipment worked perfectly. The only problem Jez faced was the lack of drawing pins to hang up t-shirt at the merch table, and this calamity was sorted speedily by Lee who legged it to town to get some much needed sweet supplies and came back with a box of 1000 drawing pins for Jez which she accepted graciously with a wide smile.

Jez was in a surprisingly good mood, Oli had a feeling that it was to do with the phone call home yesterday, but he didn't press the matter and hoped that some time she would tell him personally.

He watched her humming to herself as she sorted through the piles of t-shirt with their manager Chris. She was looking so gorgeous as always. It was always believed that Oli only liked those girls who were tall, blonde, big boobed and dressed in a way that looked like they got attacked at a rave, but this was not necessarily true.

Those types of girls were the ones who were the easiest to get, and Oli had always thought 'if I can then I will'. Simple as. But in the end, when it came down to substance and heart, a girl like Jez was exactly the kind of girl that Oli held close to heart.

Today she was wearing dark blue straight cut jeans and a simple white top. On her feet were some vintage Chanel ballerina's that Alex had given her for her birthday. Her light brown and blonde highlighted hair was open and stood slightly puffy and wavy from her head as she refused to straighten it, learning her lessons of 'What Not To Do In Hair Care' from Oli's over straightened and burnt hair.

Oli was just about to call her name out when someone else beat him to it, and this someone else sound frightfully familiar.

Both Oli and Jez spun around, their eyes landing on the backstage door, which had just opened, and from where the voice had come. Standing there in the doorframe was nobody else but Alex Turner in all his polished indie glory.

"The fucker," Oli whispered under his breath as Jez ran towards her boyfriend with shrieks of joy before she threw herself at Alex holding onto him for dear life, with a smile, that held so much joy it was hard to do it justice in description, on her face.

Oli turned and walked away from the couple bitterly, jealous as hell.

That night his singing was the most brutal that it had ever been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I updated this on the 29th and now again!
I am having SO much fun writing this I can't stop, plus I'm putting off posting the John update until the new year.

So yeah.

Thank you for all the support so far! I'm dead chuffed with my 19 comments, 54 readers and 15 subscribers and it's only part four so far!
Thank you!


xoxo