See Jack Run

Chapter 4

"Jack, come here." Mikey said calmly. She hesitated, but came to him. He motioned for her to sit down next to him, and she did. But just by looking at her eyes, he could tell that her guard was up.
"What do you want, Mikey?"
"Do you have a lot of friends?"
"I have a few. Why?"
"What are they like?"
"Why do you care?"
"I want to know more about you."
She stood up now, visibly uncomfortable. He smiled a little to make her calm down. It worked, but not exactly. She sat on the other side of the room.
"They're like me. I guess so, yeah."
"What do you do with them?"
"Talk."
"About what? Music? Makeup? Boys?"
She fell right into his trap. He knew that if he said something like that, she would relax and open up. Even trust him. He wanted to know if she talked about boys. He wanted to be the only male in her life. Not in a romantic sense, God no, he was disgusted by her, but he believed that if she got a boyfriend, she might realize that he wasn't really that powerful, and that he didn't have a lot of control over her. Mikey wanted to rule her, and he would do anything to have that kind of power over her.
"Yeah. We talk a lot about boys. There are some really nice ones that talk to me at play practice, and at the school holiday party, I got a lot of hugs from them."
"Do you think you might even get a boyfriend soon?"
She blushed furiously, but smiled.
"I don't know. I hope so."
That was his signal to attack.
"You little slut! I decide what happens to you!"
He grabbed by her wrist, and pulled her to the bathroom.
"You're so dirty." he growled. "You're disgusting. You're the most sickening thing I've ever seen, you little piece of trash!"
Mikey pushed Jack into the bathroom, and when the door was closed, he threw her against the wall. Jack shrunk, trying to make herself disappear. She sorely regretted opening up and trusting this oppressor who had taken the place of her brother. Mikey grabbed her by her hair, made her yelp. He then pushed her into the bathtub.
"Don't scream!" He yelled, and he turned the shower on to full blast. A waterfall of ice enveloped his younger sister, and he saw her grimace and squirm. "Don't even think about coming out!" He snarled as he walked put. Jack could hear minuts later outside of the bathrrom with a hammer and nails. She was shocked when it hit her: Mikey was nailing the door shut. She was locked in.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Jack peered around the corner of the hallway. Mikey was in a bad mood, and she was trying to stay on opposite ends of the house. It wasn't easy, though. He took his anger out on her, and he always looked long and hard for her when he needed something or someone to punch. When she didn't see him, she sighed with relief.
She slowly and carefully made her way into the living room, where her mother was watching a soap opera. She saw Mikey sitting next her mom. Jack held an inner debate. Mikey had seen her, so if she went back to the room that they shared,or any room in the house, he would probably follow her and hurt her in the privacy of their closed door. If she sat down with them, she would have to watch a horrible soap opera, but for an hour of not being afraid of getting slapped in the face? It was worth it, without a doubt.
Mikey was sitting on their mother's left, so Jack sat on her mother's right. Mikey moved so he was sitting next to her. The situation by now was a paradox. If she moved, he would move. There was no way to escape it. However, he couldn't do much with their mother right there. Even though her eyes were glued to the screen, if she heard a scream right next to her, she would know something was wrong. And even though Mikey would barely get punished, he would still be angry, angrier, actually, and that would add to the force of his slaps and punches.
Mikey was very clever. He took a handful of her hair and twisted just enough so that it would hurt but not enough for their mother to notice. With his other hand, he grabbed her wrist and slowly but surely twisted it, in the same that he twisted her hair.
When he was done with her hair and her wrist, he started pinching her. But not fun pinching. This was serious. The kind that leaves bruises. But she didn't say anything, unless she wanted even more pain.