Medley

Chapter 1- The Bella Morte Hotel

"Check into the Hotel Bella Muerte [that's Hotel of beautiful death for all you non-Italian speaking people]..." -The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You

"A room for one please. This is a last minute thing, so I don't have a reservation." Said Muerte across the register to the receptionist of the Bella Morte Hotel. It was 11:42pm and the receptionist was about to leave.

"Certainly. We have a spare room on the 11th floor." she answered "May I have your name?"

"Muerte Michella." replied Muerte, giving the receptionist her details as well.

"Muerte...doesn't that mean death in Italian?" Asked a man who was pacing in the lobby.

“Yes, yes it does. I was an accidental child, and my parents believed that I would bring nothing but grief and destruction to the whole family. So all my brothers and sisters hated me. They kicked me, punched me, scratched me, cut me- you name it, they hurt me with it.” Muerte answered, irritated.

“Oh, I’m so sorry…” The man began

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have spilled my guts to a stranger,” she said apologetically, turning around to face the man and realising that he was incredibly beautiful.

It took a second to fully take in his good looks. He had short, black hair, thick, black eyeliner, very pale skin and… stunning hazel eyes. He too, thought that she was intensely beautiful, with just-past-shoulder length wavy red hair with silver and electric blue streaks, heavy eyeliner, pale skin and the most beautiful eyes. One was a burning black that looked like it saw right through your eyes and into your soul, and the other a violently rich gold that you could lose yourself in. They both knew straight away, that they needed each other.

“It’s my fault for asking anyway, so I’ll buy you a drink.” Offered the man

“Thanks. By the way, I didn’t catch your name.” Muerte asked

“Oh, it’s Gerard. I'm Italian and Scottish, hence the Italian name." replied. Muerte giggled and followed him to the bar.

~*A Few Hours Later*~

"Yes! I am a vampire! Check out my teeth!" Muerte squealed, baring her teeth. She and Gerard were arguing over whether or not she was a vampire. Being drunk, this is a very easy thing to do.

"Do you want me to prove it then?" She asked, giggling

"Yeah, of course!" He replied in mock frustration

"Alright then, you asked for it!" Muerte warned as she dived across the table and bit Gerard on the neck. There was an awkward silence as she realised what she had just done.

"Uhm... sorry, I don't know what I was thinking!" She said, her cheeks tinted with pink. Gerard laughed and assured her that it was fine.

"Um, also... I don't have enough money to pay for a suite here, so I was wondering if..." He started

"You could live with me? Sure! I get lonely pretty easily, and it would be fun having someone else around."

"Oh thank god! You're the fifth person I've asked today!"

"Well then, let's go see what my room looks like! Oh, I'd better go and ask if it has a double bed or switch to a two-person room. Just a second!"

As she flounced off to the register, Gerard watched with a light in his eyes. She was the most enchanting woman he had ever met, unlike any previous girlfriend, one whom he had just broken up with, leaving him with no money or home. Her face seemed imprinted in his brain, those odd eyes, black and gold and her deep crimson lips and straight, white teeth. What he would give to kiss her or even just run his hand throught her hair. He prayed that this would last as she grabbed his hand and dragged him into the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully, the change should make it more interesting. Thanks for reading!