The Deadliest Sin

Friend or Foe?

A boy sat in the back of a truck bumping noisily down a dusty road, dirt road. He sat gazing at the rock formations in the distant desert. “It’s so simple.” He muttered. “All they do is sit there, same as always, as the whole world changes…”

He closed his eyes and thought about the dreams he always had. Dreams full of loneliness and anger…so much anger. Feathers and flights cities and hospitals playgrounds and churches they all were reoccurring in his mind.

His hand came to rest atop his chest of his own accord. “You missed” a familiar voice echoed in his head. He knew that voice. He knew it was his. He knew what he was before this moment, this life. He knew that he was a sin. He knew that those dreams and voices and shadows and thoughts were those of a past life. He knew his life was there just to balance out a terribly uneven scale.

What he didn’t know was how to balance it out. He didn’t know how to balance out the sins of his former life, to avoid the mistakes of his former being. He sat, dreaming, singing a song. It was a soothing somewhat familiar song somewhat of a lullaby. He couldn’t possibly recognize where he had heard it but…it soothed him.

The man in the front of the truck, driving, tapped on the glass window next to the boys head. “How ya doin back there?” the man asked with a typical speech pattern for that area.

“Fine.” The boy politely smiled. “Thank you again for the ride. It would be horrible to walk.”

“Ain’t nothin.” The old man laughed. “I never got your name kid.”

“Oh you can call me Wrath.” He smiled. He looked off into the desert “just Wrath…” he finished.

Pride was eating a bagel as he walked to the central portion of town. He heard the loud roar of an engine approaching from behind him. He stepped out of the road and onto the shoulder of the street.
This truck quickly caught prides attention he could feel the presence of something, he couldn’t explain it. It felt familiar close to him, until he realized he sensed a sin.

Wraths eyes snapped open. He caught sight of the dark haired boy staring at him. Wrath felt it too. He knew that boy was a sin. Wrath immediately had the driver stop the truck. Wrath walked slowly across the road to the stranger. “Hmmmm…” he muttered. “Your another sin right?” Wrath smiled as he approached the young man. “Friend or foe?” He held out his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay well heres chapter two. Wrath now shows up and next chapter we shall see how things turn out. Thanks again Teo and jackie for the story concept and oc designs. ~*~