Status: 2 more comments and I'll update :)

Serena: A Whole New Breed of Vampire

Chapter 16: Violet

Chapter 16: Violet

Edward’s POV:

Serena and I had mingled and were now talking to the editor of French Vogue. “So there I was walking thre the store when Vickie decides to start bombarding me with modeling questions and now here I am and I couldn’t be happier” Serena explained in French for what seemed like the hundredth time tonight. I pulled Serena close as the Editor chuckled along with the other people standing in our small group. Every person we had come into contact with tonight seemed mesmerized by the tiny blond under my arm. She captivated even the most stern faced men and snippy women. Her grace and mere presence drew these people on like moths to a flame. Simply I sat back and watched as she attracted every person in the room.

“What a wonderful way to be discovered” the Editor said in her heavily accented French. The woman smiled and thought she will go far very far in this industry
Serena smiled brightly before saying “Will you please excuse us?” the group looked sad to see her go but nodded nonetheless. I looked at her quizzically “I need to go to the bathroom” she said pecking my lips “a down fall to being human” she chuckled as we walked up the main stair case together to the second floor where the bathrooms were located.
“Ok I’m going to go find Alice and Rose come find me when you are done” I said pecking her lips I had a weird feeling, but I banished it.

Serena’s POV:

“Ok” I kissed him once more before adding “see you in a bit” I walked down a corridor towards where I thought the bathrooms. I hit a dead end instead, the dead end consisted of a giant window that over looked what appeared to be another building, so no doubt it was simply and alle way that was never supposed to be there. I looked out the window and shook my head, I prepared to turn around, but a hand caught my elbow.

I turned to look over my shoulder and noticed Bellary “You think you’re so hot” she hissed in her overly French accented English “You got the job, you got the clothes, and you got the guy” she hissed each time tightening her hold on my elbow. I winced and she smiled viciously seeing the pain she was causing. “Well I’m here to show you just what you are” She hissed holding my arm with beyond bruising force. I looked down and saw the faint purple outline on my arm around her hand

“What did I do to deserve this?” I questioned her confidently

“You took my job I’m now the laughing stock of Paris because of some little American flea” she hissed

“you didn’t need my help for that darling” I hissed her boney hand bite harder into my pale flesh

she simply glared at me and said “I’ll be sending you where you belong” in a scary monotone

“And where would that be” I said looking her in the eye

“With the garbage of course” Bellary said with an insane smile gracing her full lips. She grabbed my other arm before shoving me backwards threw the window and into the alley.

I felt the broken glass tear into my skin and I felt the wind rush past me as I screamed “EDWARD!!!!!” while plummeting into the alleyway.

Edward’s POV:

I saw Alice’s vision at the same moment I heard Serena scream my name. I disappeared from my family and arrived at the window in a second the woman had disappeared already and I heard no noise. I leapt out of the window and let our a roar as I landed next to Serena her blood called to my monster but her broken body made my heart shatter I tool her in my arms If I could weep I would be now. I heard Carlisle’s voice say threw my head ‘Edward bite her or lose her forever’

“Edward” a tiny near silent voice whispered I looked down and Serena’s bruised face looked up at me and said “I love you please don’t let me go” then her eyes shut. I roared into the sky before sinking my teeth into her neck. I know I’m selfish, but I couldn’t lose her. Her blood was like a dream it was euphoric. Her taste flooded my senses I heard her gasp as me fangs sank into her perfect flesh and moan lightly. ‘Stop Edward or you will kill her’ Carlisle’s voice filled my head. Using every ounce of love I possessed for this gift to earth I ripped my mouth away form her sweet neck. I expected screaming and twitching, but had neither.

“Edward” Serena mumbled her green eyes opened and looking into my golden eyes “I’m sleepy” she mumbled before curling into a ball and pressing her body closer to mine. I watched in amazement as every cut on her pale skin healed before my eyes. The dark purple handprint shaped bruise on her arm slowly faded.

“Carlisle” I called he leapt from the window and appeared next to me “She isn’t in pain” I mumbled dragging her peaceful body closer to mine an drunning my stone fingers threw her dirty and tangled hair.

“I’ve never seen anything like this” Carlisle mumbled watching her bruise visibly fade in color “Amazing” he mumbled “Alice Rose let’s get her back to the hotel.” My sisters appeared next to me I took Serena in my arms and the girls scowled looking at her attire and state she was covered in blood. Her perfect dress had been destroyed I heard alice mumble in her head I’ll get her a new one and snap Bellary’s neck before Serena’s scent hit her nose. Her blood’s scent filled the air making all of our minds hazy even Carlisle’s slightly. Alice and Rose weren’t breathing as we nodded and took off towards the hotel.

I gazed at Serena as we ran. Alice came forward twice and looked at her battered body that was healing by the second she looked confused as she concentrated trying to see the future finally she huffed and fell back a bit. We arrived at the hotel and ghosted threw a back door and up the utility stairs to the penthouse. The entire run took no more then 8 seconds it was the fastest we had ever traveled. I cradled Serena close ,her body peaceful looking more like she was asleep than anything else, as I sat on our bed.

“We will run her a bath” Rose said speaking for the first time she looked at Serena before disappearing into the bathroom. A moment later Alice appeared with a change of clothes for her and she was wearing a swimsuit.

“I can’t let her bath alone now can I” she murmured taking Serena slowly from my arms I nodded and watched silently as she carried my love into the bathroom to be cleaned up. I sat on the bed thinking over all the tales of a non-painful transformation I had heard of, there was nothing. I had never heard of venom inducing sleep, only pain. I shook my head and watched as Rose carried out a Serena now dressed in a soft silk violet colored nightgown. I was at Rose’s side in an instant I carefully took Serena in my arms and laid us both in bed. I laid her head on my chest and held her almost healed body close to mine. I wouldn’t move from this place until I saw those eyes flutter open and heard that voice sing to me that she was ok. I refused.

<<< 2 days 23 hours and 56 minutes later >>>

I watched as the time ticked by I hadn’t moved Serena laid curled into my side looking more asleep than anything. I was horrified her heart hadn’t slowed what so ever. It had become stronger, but still slow for a human. It beat about 45 times a minute not a usual 70 like most humans, and not a usual one per hour like a vampire this far into their transformation.

Her body has slowly changed over the transformation her skin lost a few shades of color but was still a few shades darker than mine, her body dropped about 30 degrees but was no where near as chilled as mine, her lips became more plump and required a deeper pink color, her eyelashes darkened and thickened slightly, her hair became thicker and more controlled, her nose thinned a bit, her cheek bones became a bit more defined, her breasts filled and rounded a bit more, her waist snipped in more causing her hips to flare out more, her butt rounded and bubbled a tiny bit, her thighs became lean muscle and lost the tiny bit of fat they once might have had, and her whole body seemed to have a bit more muscle on it. The over all affect of these tiny microscopic changes was breath taking she was by far the most enchanting and perfect creature I had ever laid eyes on.

Every member of the family had come in at some point in the three days each asking sometimes begging for me to leave and hunt, but each time I would simply say no my eyes never straying from Serena. Her blood still called me like nothing ever had, but I refused to move until the love of my life opened her perfec almond shaped eyes. My family would simply sigh and would leave and now they all walked in anxious to see if she would awaken after 3 days like most vampires. “I’m going insane” I heard Alice shriek in frustration “I haven’t seen a thing about her since that psycho pushed her out the window”

“Alice calm down” Jasper raised holding her close

she ripped her body away and shrieked louder “HOW CAN I BE CALM!!!! I’M BLIND!!!!!!”

I had looked up at Alice to watch her fuss so I didn’t see Serena stir, but I did hear her now silk covered voice it sounded like her old voice just slightly breezier and more refined say “Alice hush I’m sleeping” Serena curled tighter to me and buried her face in my neck the family gasped hearing her voice “My head aches” she whined like a child.

‘Thank god’ I breathed holding her closer to me “Do you remember anything?” I asked not pulling her away at this moment I needed to hold her

“Hmm” she murmured into my neck “I remember Bellary pushing me out of a window and being in an alley way and you biting me and then all I can remember is being really really tired like unable to move tired.” She murmured throwing her legs over my hips. I pulled her close and cradled her close to me. I felt her skin she felt hard but malleable unlike my stone skin that had no give. She was softer than vampire but firmer than human it was odd she was right in between. I could feel the power in her body under my fingertips, but she didn’t feel as strong as me. she wasn’t like me, or my family, but she wasn’t human either. I felt her skin it felt warmer than Alice would but cooler than the burning skin Serena used to have now it was just hot not burning.

“Does your throat ache at all?” Carlisle asked looking interested in her and finding out exactly what she was

“No” she murmured sleepily into my skin “I’d kill for some chocolate though” she giggled her face still buried in my neck

“I’ll get on that” Alice chuckled sarcastically

Serena made a tiny ‘humph’ noise “Serena you are going to need to let me give you a once over and maybe a few tests I’m sorry” Carlisle said

I sat us up with her in my lap she still had her face buried in my neck “Serena baby it will be over soon” I chuckled she sighed and brought her head up, and I buried my face in her hair happy she was alive or well alive as a vampire or whatever I had turned her into could be.

She looked at Carlisle and the family gasped in unison “What?” her voice questioned she got no answer. She turned her head I brought my head up and she looked me in the eyes and said “What is it Edward?”

Her. Eyes. Were. Violet.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!