I Never Said They'd Be Places You Wanted To Go

Welcome.

Papers rustled softly as pale, bony fingers plucked their way through files. A man's voice, whispering under his breath.

"Harper, Harper, Harper..." A sigh. "Harper." More paper rustling.

A few short footsteps, a chair creaking, a thick file being dropped on an oak desk. More rustling as the file is opened, a single paper is pulled out and placed on the desk. A sigh.

"Jane Harper. Attempted homicide as well as suicide. Taken in at 3:21am, Monday..." Another sigh, paper rustling as the file is closed, a door opening.

"Sir, Ms. Harper is in her cell now, if you'd like to see her." A lady spoke up for the doorway, false cheeriness dripped from her lips like blood, oozing and sickening.

"Thank you." The man responded coldly, standing up, the floorboards whining. He pushed in his chair and picked up the file. He straightened his tie in an attempt to be dignified, and his loud footsteps followed the woman out of the office, down the hallways, to the cells, to her cell.

"Hello?" A young woman's voice echoed in the depth of her cell. "Are you the doctor that they sent for me?" she was cold, shivering. Her knees were tucked in and her arms wrapped around her body. Her teeth chattered loudly, in time with the quivering of her lips.

"Yes." The man responded, pulling open the cell door and slowly treading in, his perfectly polished shoes hardly making a sound now.

"Did they tell you? Did they tell you I'm crazy?" She asked him, biting at her ragged, dirty nails.

"Well, I already knew that. If you weren't, you wouldn't be here." He responded, a clever smirk playing across his lips.

"Who exactly do you think you are?" She asked, sounding slightly... Frightened.

"I am Dr. Jonathan Crane, and, as long as you're here, you'll be one of my many... patients."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really tired.
And in the middle of watching Brokeback Mountain (FOR THE FIRST TIME!)
How did Jake Gyllenhaal get to be so beautiful?
-drool-
(R.I.P., Heath Ledger)