Status: Hiatus.

Cut Above All the Rest

First.

"I have to go," Jon said softly, sadly, into his phone, listening to her soft breathing on the other end, and his band mates loudly approach their bus. "I'll talk to you later, before I go to bed. I love you."

They both sighed.

"I miss you, Jon." There was a pause, and it came in handy knowing her since they were five, because it meant he knew she wasn't done talking. Cadlyn, her name was. Odd name, attributed to odd parents. He usually just called her Cad or Caddy, though. "Come home soon." And she hung up.

He pulled his sidekick away from his ear and looked at the screen. It read that they had been talking for almost two hours, but it didn't seem like that. But time spent talking to her, or spent hanging out with her always seemed to fly by.

The door to Panic! At the Disco's bus slammed open and Brendon sauntered on, holding a paper tray full of cold hot-cakes and a cup of coffee. Cold, too, Jon assumed. They'd left hours ago for breakfast, and if Jon wasn't preoccupied, he would have been worried, and gone out and made sure they hadn't been attacked by some knife-wielding maniac.

Or fangirls.

"I got a call from the label," Ryan said, taking the hot-cakes and coffee from a now-seated Brendon and handing then to Jon himself, who thanked him. "Our date in Jersey has been cancelled, so we all get three weeks off for Christmas, rather than the two."

Spencer, sitting next to Brendon, across the bus in the kitchenette, grinned and let out a small noise of happiness. Jon couldn't contain his grin, despite the horrible coffee, which he put on the table next to the couch.

He pulled out his phone again and his hands were shaking from excitement as he texted Caddy, telling her that he got an extra week for them to be lame together. Jon settled for eating the cold hot-cakes and pretending to listen to Brendon ramble while he waited for Caddy to text back. Finally his phone buzzed and he read the text.

Cadlyn<3:
More time in bed, Babydoll.

After his laugh and before he had time to reply, his phone was snatched from his hands by Ryan, who was raising a curious eyebrow at the message. Of course she was joking, sadly enough, but the others didn't know that.

"Who's Cadlyn loveheart?" He scrolled down. "Your whole inbox is just messages from her..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Tweaked slightly.

Someone please let me know what you think? :]