Status: Long hiatus.

In a Hail of Bullets

Chapter One.

"I'm gonna fall!" My voice echoed the woods. I was standing on a branch looking down at my boyfriend, Gerard.
"No you won't. Just jump, I'll catch you." I was scared of heights, but loved to climb, crazy huh?
"You promise you'll catch me and I won't break anything?"
He laughed at me, "You won't get hurt, I promise." I closed my eyes and leaped... feeling warm arms wrap around me as my feet gently touched the ground.
"Told you."

My eyes were still closed as he spoke.
"Shut up... it was high up." My voice was playful, yet serious at the same time. "Kay... so no more tree climbing today. Haha"

Gerard and I had been going out for a long time, and been friends even longer. He was the only one to even look at me on my first day of school here in Jersey. On that first day of school, some jock ran into me, sending my books everywhere in the hallway. And the only one to stop and help was Gerard. We instantly became friends. About 2 years later, we both confessed how much we liked each other and agreed to go out. My parents, more like my father, doesn't like Gerard. He's not "like us"... meaning... we have tons of money to blow on stupid things like my father does, and Gerard doesn't. My father insists on buying me things to lure me away from Gerard, but he'll never be able to buy me anything I want more than I want Gerard.

A few days ago, Gerard and I were sitting in my living room reading and discussing The Great Gatsby, the most recent book we have been doomed to read for our English courses. My father walked into the room, and asked what I was reading. Once I told him, he said; "Watch the movie. Daisy's right."
Confusion washed over my face, I had no clue was he was talking about, then he walked from the room.

Well we were watching the movie tomorrow in class, so I'm sure I'll figure it out.

"What cha wanna do next?" I asked, restraining a yawn as long as I could before finally releasing it.
"My guess is you want to go to sleep," he chuckled, taking my hand as we walked along the peebled path. The sun shone through the tree tops in the thick forest, showing a odd pink color, signifying the end of another day.
"Nah, I can make it a few more hours."

Once we reached his house, we sat on his porch until my curfew, 10pm slowly approached.
"Ugh, it's almost 10, I gotta go home." My voice sounded irritated, as if it was something that could have prevented.
"Well I'll see you at school tomorrow," he said, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. I pressed my lips to his for a moment before standing up to start my short journey home. We only lived 1 street away from each other, which made it easy to sneak to each other's house in the middle of the night.

My house was dark when I got home, my parents were at some dinner party that I refused to attend. After I showered and brushed my teeth, I changed into some black sweats and a band tee before crawling into my bed. A weird ring went off, signally I had a text message. It was Gerard.
"Sweet dreams baby," it read. "XOXO."
I smiled before shutting off my lamp and laying down, ready for sleep to consume me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I have to right to start another story.
But, I really like this one so far, so I have to do something with it instead of writing it and not letting anyone else see it.
My other stories are crappy, and this one I seriously love.
Sorry it's short, but I didn't want the chapters to be uber long.