Status: Long hiatus.

In a Hail of Bullets

Chapter Two.

The next morning, I woke to my ever annoying alarm clock screaming at me to wake up. Slamming my hand down onto it, it stopped, and I rolled out of bed. Luckily, my room had carpet now, the cold feeling of the hardwood against my feet was always the thing I hated most about mornings. As I walked into the kitchen to get breakfast, my dad was reading the newspaper and my mom was making eggs. Grabbing a cup of coffee and a piece of toast, I walked back up into my room to find something to wear for the day. Settling on my black skinny jeans and Pepsi-Cola tee, I finished my small breakfast. As I started to change, there was a light knock on the door. "Honey, it's me. Can I come in?" I sighed, another dinner party? Or was it a 'family trip', which really meant us going somewhere stupid and spending all our time alone in the hotel room while dad had 'meetings to attend to'. "Yeah mom. Come in."

I slipped my clean shirt on and walked towards my bed, sitting down and taking a sip of coffee as the door slowly opened.

"Hey, I uh... I need to talk to you before your father does." Ugh, she shouldn't make it seem like someone died, or something. "We're all going to sit down when you get home from school and discuss this. I just wanted to tell you before then, to prepare yourself." She paused, what the hell is she talking about? "We're uh..."

"Lynn!" I heard my father's voice call from downstairs. "Yeah hun?" She responded. "Don't say anything to her, get back down here." Her face became pale and she walked from the room. I wanted to know what was going on. Whatever, I'll figure it out later.

The school day dragged on boringly. Finally English arrived, my easiest subject, and one of my 4 classes with Gerard. Robert Redford was dreamy. My first thought as the movie began. Gerard scooted his desk closer to mine, it was easier to pass notes and not have the teacher notice that way. Towards the end of the period, Gerard started to slowly doze off. I nudged him with my elbow. "You can't fall asleep," I whispered. I stopped paying much attention soon after, now foused on keeping Gerard awake.
The movie got silent for a moment, and all that was heard was the sobs of Daisy, crying because Jay's rich now and she'd married someone else.

"Rich girls don't marry poor boys!"

Everything clicked as she sobbed. My body got tense. Whatever my parents were gonna talk to me about had to do with Gerard. I knew it.

I didn't really pay attention to anything else that day, just wanting to cease time and not have to go home. I didn't mention anything to Gerard, if he didn't piece it together himself yet, I was sure he would.

"Are you coming over today?" He asked, opening the locker him and I shared to pull his bag from it. "Uh, I gotta talk to my parents about something. I think it's another business trip," I lied. "Oh, okay. Well call me when you've done all that. I gotta return some movies, but I'm gonna be home with nothing to do." I nodded and grabbed my books I needed from the locker, shoving them into my bookbag before closing the door. "Hey, is something wrong?" He looked down at me, into my eyes. "No, it's nothing." His fingers touched my chin, pulling my face to look at his. "It's something, talk to me babe." His voice was concerning, and I wanted so bad to tell him what my speculations where, but I didn't. "Can we talk about it later?" I was eventually gonna tell him, whatever it was to tell, but I didn't know what was going on yet. "Yeah," he began, "call me." He kissed me quickly before turning and walking towards the doors that led to the student parking lot. We usually rode to school together, but my parents insisted on taking me to and from school today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, I gotta know how this is.