Status: Long hiatus.

In a Hail of Bullets

Chapter Three.

I walked down the hall, opposite where Gerard went, and headed towards the lobby. My dad's car was parked in the closest spot to the doors, running and ready to take me home.

The ride home was quiet, nothing but my father's classical music playing. He didn't even like classicsl music, I was sure. But it was impressive so I figured that's why he even attempted it.

Once I was home, I threw my bag onto my bed. Instead of kicking off my shoes like I always did, I kept them on, incase I felt the need to leave for a bit after whatever was going to happen.

"Charlie, come down here a moment." My father called from downstairs. He always sounded so pissed all the time. I never knew why, other than his obvious hate for my boyfriend.

I walked downstairs and took a seat on the large couch, my heart racing, unsure of what's to come.

"Uhm, we're not sure how to tell you this Charlie. We know how much you've come to like Jersey over the years..." Mom attempted, her voice shaky.

"Lynn, please." My dad put his hand up, cutting her off. "I know how to tell her," he moved to be slightly closer to my face, looking at my expression. "Charlie, I've looked at houses in California. We're moving. I already have a good paying job waiting for me."

My heart sank as if struck by an iceberg. "No..." I faintly replied.

"Plus," a smile grew on his lips. "It'll be good for you to find someone more your kind. Gerard's not good for you."

I stood up, tears ready to fall from my eyes. "No!" I shouted, outraged.

"Calm down hun. It's really in your best interest." His voice was so calm, not angry at my outburst.

"I'm not moving anywhere. I'm going to stay here in Jersey. Where I belong, with my friends! With Gerard!" My voice was now shaky also, but in a more violent way. "Sit down," his tone more aggresive than before. "Gerard is nothing. He's not good enough to be with you Charlie. He's trash!" Never before had my dad yelled at me, not in my entire life. Sure he'd gotten irritated before, but never had he raised his voice this loud.

"No, leave me alone!" I yelled back, as loud as I could manage through my rage.

"Nick! Leave her alone!" My mom half yelled, taking a few steps back. "I hate you!" I screamed, not caring what I said to him. It was all true. "I'm not leaving with you to go anywhere! I'm staying here with Gerard." I paused. "And... I...I love him!"

A sharp pain suddenly came over my face, and it took me a moment to realize it was my father's hand. A loud gasp was heard, and echoed.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while.

Please comment. You'll get a cookie.