Status: Hiatus

Captive by Desire

Crossroads

Aset's POV

Synyster had taken me into a small room off to the side, away from all noise. It was nice to be away from everyone after everything that had happened lately. However, being completely alone with Synyster wasn't really something that I was anticipating either. He was being surprisingly gentle though. For the past couple of days he has been. After the beating Vengeance gave me I thought Synyster was going to finish me off, but something in him changed. I can't really describe it but there's something different about him now, rather than when we first met. Of course, we didn't exactly meet on great terms but even then there was a roughness to him that seemed to be part of him. Now, that roughness seems to be slowly fading.

"I am going to get our things," Synyster said as he set me on the rather large bed. "I will be right back."

Synyster left me alone once again. He really hasn't done that much over the last couple of days. However, after a certain incident the amount of time he left me alone went down drastically. He had gone out one evening to visit with the guys and while he was gone someone slipped into the tent. I have no idea who this man was but he was after my blood. He had a knife, in which he used to slice my legs up pretty good. I could barely walk right now because of it. Synyster had to carry me everywhere, which I couldn't quite get if he resented that or not.

The man had tried to kill me, though I was unclear as to why. He kept saying things that weren't making sense. About how my father had wronged him and his family. About how my brother had destroyed people lives. My family would never dream of doing such things, but outside of that there was the small detail that I did not have a brother. When Synyster questioned me on what had happened I did not answer. Synyster had come back to the tent just moments before the man would've delivered his final blow. He had been working up to it for what felt like hours and I knew that my time was almost up when Synyster came back. The man got spooked but someone Synyster managed to lose him. For some reason he seemed more concerned with me than anything, which I did not understand. He let the man get away because he was more worried about me. Then again, I guess he was more worried about what Rev would do to him if I died. Rev seemed pretty adamant that neither Iboni or myself were allowed to die.

"How are you feeling?"

I looked up to see the last person I would expect to ask me that question. Vengeance stood in the doorway looking at me with an emotionless face. I looked passed him hoping that Synyster would be nearby or at least walking back towards us but I could not tell.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Vengeance said as he stepped into the room a bit. "Br-Synyster told me about what happened. I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"I'm fine," I whispered not quite sure who to take this new Vengeance that was before me.

"Good," Vengeance said. "If you need anything just let me know."

"Alright," I whispered once again.

Vengeance nodded his head and strolled from the room just as Synyster entered. Synyster looked over at me with a questioning expression as his friend walked away. I shrugged my shoulders in response to Synysters unasked question. I honestly had no idea what Vengeance had wanted, though I could not believe he was really interested in my well being.

"Are you doing alright?" Synyster asked as he sent his things down and pulled off his shirt.

"I'm fine," I whispered trying to advert my eyes as it was not polite to stare.

Synyster was soon crawling into the bed with me. He took a few moments to make sure that my injuries were alright before he placed the covers over us and wrapped his arms around me. He had taken to sleeping with me in his arms since the man attacked. I believe he feared that the man would come back, though honestly I do not think the man was suicidal enough to attack me with Synyster in the room.

"Aset," Synyster whispered, his breath tickling my neck as his face rested against it.

"Yes?" I questioned almost fearing what he wanted.

"Don't lie to me," Synyster stated.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I know you're in pain," Synyster whispered. "You flinch every time you move."

This was true but now he knew that I was unaware. I do not recall moving in his presence as I knew that he would pick up on such a small detail. This man was nothing to me and I did not seek his pity or his comfort. Rev had simply put him in charge of making sure that my body would heal. And my body has been healing well under his gentle care. However, it's been doing something else that I don't understand either. My body is reacting to him in a way that I've never felt before. I could feel his breath tickle my neck and the hairs would rise up. He adjusted his position and a shock went through me as I felt his lips brush against my neck. I forced my body to stay still and not react until his body became still as well. This was not how this was supposed to turn out. I was supposed to be trying to escape this man, not falling for him.

"Aset," Synyster whispered my name.

His grip on my waist tightened a bit as he pulled me closer. I did not think our bodies could be any closer than they already were but I was proven wrong. Soon I was in a very comfortable yet terribly wrong position. My head was resting on his chest while his hands brushed gently through my hair. He had completely changed out positions and seemed quite proud of himself for doing so.

"Little light, relax," Synyster whispered. "I have not done anything nor am I going to attempt something tonight."

"Little light?" I questioned.

"You are my little light of Ra, Aset. You have been sent to me for reasons I do not understand but I'm sure in time will figure out," Synyster whispered.

"Syny-"

"Please don't call me that," Synyster said. "When it's only us, don't call me that."

"Then what should I call you?" I questioned.

"Brian," Synyster whispered. "Call me Brian."

"Brian?" I questioned trying the name out and discovering that I liked it, far more than I should.

The name suited him, though it was very unfamiliar to me. Such a name I had never heard of before, yet this was a man I had never encountered before either. He came across as a rough and unbreakable man, yet underneath that lay a very gentle and noble man. He was a man of integrity and could charm a snake. He was a man that I was falling for, when I should be running from. Yet I could not find any reason for me to move away when he pulled me into his arms at night and gently kissed my forehead before whispering good night. He was a man that could break me in one swing, yet I was not scared of him. This was terrifying.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please :D