Status: Hiatus

Captive by Desire

Eternal Rest

Aset’s POV

Slowly my injuries healed and I was able to move about on my own. Brian was still keeping a very close eye on me at all times and while it was annoying I appreciated it. He made me feel safe. I slept better knowing that he was next to me, which was a terrible idea. Slowly I was growing attached to this man and I knew that I should be hating him and trying to escape. Hopefully Iboni still has her wits about her and will escape to bring help back. Otherwise I’m screwed.

“Hello Aset,” Brian greeted as he walked into our room.

“Hello Brian,” I whispered.

“We will be joining the group for dinner tonight,” Brian said. “As long as you are feeling up to it.”

“I should be fine,” I whispered not looking at him.

In the back of my mind I still feared him a bit. I had seen what he was capable of and while I had not seen his anger directed at me I knew I didn’t want to. So I did everything in my power to make sure he had no reasons to be angry with me.

“Aset,” Brian whispered and I turned towards his voice to find him right in front of me.

I tensed and scooted back a bit. Brian sighed and shook his head as he sat on the bed next to me. He studied me for a few moments while I tried to figure out what he was planning.

“Aset, why are you so afraid of me?” Brian whispered after a few moments. “I haven’t done anything to hurt you.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered looking away from him at the ground.

“No Aset,” Brian said as he moved towards me. “I don’t want an apology. I want an explanation.”

I moved back until I collided with the wall. Brian quickly trapped me there, holding his arms beside me so I couldn’t go anywhere. I stared up at him trying to figure out if he was going to hurt me. To my complete surprise he made no move to hurt me, instead he leaned down until his forehead was resting against mine gently. I did not move as he slowly brought his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. Nothing about this situation was right, yet I felt safer with him than I had with anyone else in my life. I knew that no matter what Brian would protect me.

“I’m not going to hurt you Aset,” Brian whispered as he hugged me close. “I want to help you.”

“Why are you being so nice?” I whispered going out on a limb and questioning him.

“I told you, I’m not seeking your pain. I don’t want you in pain, I want you walking around and healthy,” Brian said.

“Why?” I questioned leaning back and looking up at him.

“I’m not really sure,” Brian admitted. “There’s something different about you and I need to protect that. I need to protect you.”

I was stunned at his words. There was nothing I could say to the statement he just made. I really was not special yet for some reason he thought I was. Maybe this man is a little more crazy that I had thought.

“Come on,” Brian said helping me from the bed. “Let’s go get some dinner.”

“Will Iboni be there?” I questioned gaining a new attitude around him and seeing him more as a friend than an enemy waiting to kill me.

“More than likely, if Rev will let her,” Brian laughed a bit.

“What’s he doing to her?” I questioned worried for my friend.

“He’s keeping her hostage ever since the attack,” Brian said.

“She was attacked too?” I gasped.

“Yeah, by the same man we believe. We caught him this time though,” Brian whispered as he grabbed my hand gently in his. “So you have nothing to worry about.”

Brian held my hand in his as we entered the dinning area. I had not been here since we arrived at the hideout. The man attacked me too quickly and Brian refused to let me leave the bed after that. I was surprised he was not carrying me now, though I was be thoroughly embarrassed if he did.

“Here you go,” Brian said as he pulled out a chair for me to sit down in.

“Thank you,” I said as I gracefully sat down and looked around at everyone.

Vengeance sat across from me and Christ was next to him. Rev and Iboni were both seated next to me, though Rev was between us. Brian sat down on my other side just as Shadows entered the room. No one spoke as a few thieves brought out food for us to eat. Shadows seemed to be keeping to himself as everyone else broke off into small conversations. Vengeance and Christ seemed to get along fairly well as they joked together through dinner. Rev and Iboni seemed to be forming a strange relationship as they picked at each other all evening. Though I did see the small smiles on their faces. Guess she’s not anymore sane than I am. We were both slowly falling for two of the men who took us hostage.

After dinner the same thieves came out and cleared off the tables. Brian stood and held out his hand for me, which I took. He helped me up just as shouting reached our ears. Brian tensed and held my hand tightly as men poured into the room. Rev stood and starting yelling out commands but I was not paying attention. A swords men was standing in front of Brian and I with a gleam in his eyes. Brian quickly pushed me behind him, though I knew he would stand no chance against the man. Brian was completely defenseless without a sword of his own.

"Well, lookie here," the man sneered. "Gotta prize do ya Syn?"

"Leave her out of this," Brian growled at the man. "She's got nothing to do with us."

"Oh but clearly she's got something to do with you," the man goaded. "I've never seen you protect another."

"Leave her alone," Brian growled as the man smirked.

Someone grabbed me from behind just as the man attacked Brian. I screamed and fought to reach Brian who seemed to be doing alright just dodging the sword. Whoever held me though, held a tight grip that I could not break. I was pulled backwards, almost out of the room when a loud scream left me. I watched in horror as the swordsman ran his sword through Brian with a look of satisfaction on his face. I fought harder against the arms holding me but it was no use. I was pulled from the room and thrown back into ours. The door was quickly slammed shut and no matter how hard I tried to open it, nothing worked. Tears filled my eyes as the imagine of Brian being stabbed played over and over in my mind. My legs gave out as I pounded on the door until I slid to the floor. I curled into a ball and slowly cried myself to sleep knowing that few men survive injuries like that. Brian was strong, but I wasn’t sure he was strong enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh no....