Status: Completed

Fracture

twenty-three.

Days later, I stood side stage (like usual) during Jack's set. Smiling as I watched him bounce around onstage, making dirty jokes and throwing me grins every once in a while. I was so happy that I could call him my own.

When the set was done, he jogged offstage and air kissed as he went by me. I laughed and went back to the tent where Pete was sitting.

"How were they today?" He asked, squinting without his sunglasses.

"Good," I smiled, sitting in my chair.

Jack ran up to the tent, still sweating from his set, "Hi baby!"

He grinned and came behind the tent.

"Hey, you," I smiled back.

"Oh, I didn't mean you, Em. I was talking to Pete," He sat on Pete's lap.

I glared at him, "I hate you."

"Don't be jealous, Emily," Pete shrugged.

"No but seriously, I need you to come help us out," He told Pete, standing up.

"With what?" Pete laughed.

"We have a signing and Flyzik can't stay the whole time," Jack told him quickly.

"Right now?"

"Right now!" Jack nodded, pulling Pete to his feet.

Pete turned to me, "You'll be alright?"

I laughed, "It's been dead, Petey."

"Thanks, Em," Jack grinned and leaned down to kiss me before dragging Pete away.

I wasn't alone for an hour before the last person I wanted to see walked up to the tent.

"Ohmigod, you're Jack's girlfriend, aren't you?" Taylor asked, her voice sickeningly fake.

"That would be me," I smirked back at her, standing up.

Taylor was wearing a tank top made from a cut up t-shirt and a short, black denim skirt. Her biggest follower, Sammy, standing behind her.

"Just thought I'd introduce myself," She smiled with lips smothered in lip gloss, "I'm Taylor. I do merch for A Day To Remember."

"Emily," I told her shortly.

"Well, great," Taylor said, "This is Sammy, by the way."

The dirty blonde jutted her nose into the air and said, "Hey."

I almost laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation, but just forced a smile instead.

"We've got to go, but you should totally stay in touch," Taylor told me.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to remember that," I nodded.

"Bye," She grinned and waved over her shoulder, disappearing into the crowd.

I sighed and sat back down. The whole encounter leaving me in a pissed off mood. Everything about the girl was so incredibly fake, and I couldn't understand why she had come at all.

***

"I've been feeling a little dizzy, but I think it's the after effects of my concussion," I told Natalie the next night.

She had been checking up on me almost obsessively since I'd told her about Jack and I having sex, and it was getting almost annoying.

"That's an early sign of pregnancy, Em," She groaned.

"You really need to get off Google," I rolled my eyes, "I'm not pregnant."

"I sure as hell hope not," She told me, "But when I get there you're taking a pregnancy test, no matter what."

"Yeah, sure," I waved the thought away wistfully, "Anything to make you happy."

"Look, I've got to go. Jack and I are going out," I told her and slipped on my ballet flat.

Minutes later Jack walked onto the bus, wearing a button down shirt and jeans. He looked absolutely adorable. I smiled and kissed him, and we walked off the bus with our fingers intertwined.

"So what have you got in store?" I asked, glancing over at him.

"A night full of romance," He grinned.

I couldn't help but laugh as I followed him to a borrowed car and he opened the door for me. It felt so right with his hand resting on my thigh as he drove to a restaurant he had reservations at. The food was amazing, but Jack was the reason the night will stay in my memory forever.

"You look really beautiful, Emily," He smiled across the table at me.

"Thanks, babe," I returned his smile.

When dinner was finished we took a walk down the promenade by the restaurant and stared up at our stars. We kissed underneath the night sky and I couldn't imagine anything feeling more blissful than those moments did.

"Happy one month anniversary," I grinned, "How cheesy are we?"

"We're pretty cheesy," Jack laughed, his arm keeping me pulled to his chest.

"It's nice, though," I told him.

He kissed my forehead, and said the words that still make me melt to this day, "I love you, Emily."

I stared at him for a moment, taking in every aspect of his face and the way his lips sat when he smiled. The way his eyes ran over my own face adoringly. Every fiber of my body knew he meant it.

"I love you, too," I said, then kissed him on the lips.

"I was scared you weren't going to say it back for a second there," He laughed when he'd pulled away from the kiss.

"I wouldn't dream of doing that," I smiled, looking up at the sky.

The moment was perfection - pure happiness as I'd later come to realize. There wouldn't be another man who would make me feel like Jack did, and I was positive during the time that I was with him that I'd never been more in love with any man in my whole life. I had been right, and would continue to be right for the rest of my life.


"I just don't get it, mom," Juliet shook her head.

"Don't get what, sweetheart?"

Tears were welling up in her blue eyes, "If you loved him so much, why aren't you still with him? Why hasn't he been around?"

Natalie smoothed her hand over Juliet's hair, then told her softly, "Sometimes love can't fix everything."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I got more than 5 comments on my last update, so here's another! Hope you liked it!
I know it's late, but a friend wanted to hang out and I won't be seeing him for 2 weeks while he's away playing baseball.

But the chapter's up, so no worries! Let me know what you think/hate/like/love/dislike/loath/want to see/wish you saw/anything else. Hahaha.
I love you guys! (: