Sequel: You Could Be Happy

Wilted and Faded

hey there’s only us left now

Gerard sat at the large oak table in the kitchen of Johnny’s house and scribbled away on his sketchbook, working on some of the characters for his comicbook. He looked up and frowned at the sound of the front door opening, as far as he knew everyone else was asleep seeing as it was barely 11 in the morning.

He leaned over a little to get a view of the hallway and saw Johnny with the girl he and Frank had seen at the club two nights ago. She looked exhausted, her long hair hung around her face, the dark red skinny jeans, baggy Blondie shirt and black hoodie she wore hung off her thin frame. She said something to Johnny before taking the large Chanel bag from his hand and disappearing up the stairs.

“Hey,” he greeted Gerard wearily as he slumped down opposite him.

“Hey. How is everything?” Gerard asked.

Johnny sighed, “Still messed up. When I got to L.A. she had drank herself to sleep. I brought her down here to help her get straight. You guys don’t mind? She won’t be any trouble.”

“No dude, it’s your house. Anything’s cool by us, if you want us to get a hotel or anything like that just say the word.”

“Nah, that’s not gonna be necessary. To tell you the truth I was kinda hoping that having you guys around might help her, you in particular Gee. You know, someone else that’s sober and is better for it.”

“So she’s told you she wants to get clean?”

Johnny nodded, “We talked last night and she said she wanted out of the scene and to stop living the way she has been. I think losing Chris has really woken her up and made her realise that she needs to change.”

“I know this is gonna sound really wrong but maybe she needed something big to shake her up a little, you know. Make her question things?” Gerard suggested.

“I know what you mean. I just wish it didn’t have to be her best friend’s death thought.”

“Yeah, that part kind of sucks.”