Sequel: You Could Be Happy

Wilted and Faded

wilted and faded somewhere in hollywood

Frank yawned as he wandered down the wide staircase and frowned at the sound of raised voices coming from the kitchen.

“Why are people shouting?” he asked the guys in the living room as he collapsed on to the couch next to Bob.

“Johnny found Ruby asleep in here last night and there were beer bottles on the table,” Mikey explained.

“You guys were the last two up last night, right? Did she drink anything?” asked Gerard.

Frank frowned, “No, I had a couple of beers but she fell asleep not long after you guys went to bed.”

“I suggest you get your ass in there and tell Johnny that before he rips her a new one,” Brian said, pointing in the direction of the kitchen.

Frank rubbed the back of his neck as he crossed the room to the kitchen. He stood in the doorway, unnoticed by either sibling.

“I can’t believe you’d do this Ruby. It’s been what? Three days? How do you expect to get sober if you’re gonna give in to temptation after three days?” Johnny cried as he paced the length of the kitchen.

Ruby stood, her hands on her bony hips, ”If you’d stop yelling and just fucking listen Johnny.”

“I don’t want to listen to excuses Ruby. I thought that bringing you into my home you’d at least have the respect to not drink here.”

“I’m sorry I’m such a fucking burden to you Johnny but it was your idea for me to come down here. I’ll fuck off back to L.A. if that’s what you really want!” Ruby raised her voice, flailing her arms around.

“It’s not what I want,” his voice softened, “I just thought that Chris dying was all the motivation you needed to change, but I was wrong.”

Frank looked at Johnny and felt his jaw drop, his eyes swivelled over to Ruby. Even though he was pretty much on the other side of the room he saw her eyes suddenly become shiny.

“Fuck you Johnny,” she spat before she turned on her heel and walked out to the back yard, slamming the door shut behind her.

“Um Johnny,” Frank started, stepping into the kitchen suddenly a little uneasy to be around the tall, muscular blonde, “about those beer bottles.”