Sequel: You Could Be Happy

Wilted and Faded

you better watch out, what you wish for

Brian yawned as he slumped down in a chair at the kitchen table. Ruby sat across from him, her bare legs pulled up against her chest, that was covered in a Motorhead shirt, and a steaming cup of coffee in front of her.

“No wonder you’re so skinny,” he mumbled.

“What?” she asked, tucking her pink side bang behind her ear, the three silver studs gleaming in the morning sun that was coming in through the French doors opposite them.

“All you drink is coffee. I never see you eat anything.”

She narrowed her eyes at him, “Maybe you just don’t see me when I’m eating. You are in the studio with the guys ,most of the time.”

“Aww, is Miss West feeling lonely?”

“No,” she frowned at him and took a sip of coffee.

“Well Alicia and Eliza will be here in a couple of days so you’ll have some female company instead of having to hang around with all us guys,” he informed her, rubbing his tired eyes.

Ruby made a face.

“Girls don’t tend to like me.”

“Well it’s a good thing that Eliza and Alicia aren’t like normal girls then, isn’t it?”

“What’s that supposed to mean Brian?”

“What’s what supposed to mean?” asked a sleepy looking Mikey as he collapsed into a chair beside Brian.

“I said that the future Mrs Ways aren’t normal girls,” Brian told him.

Mikey blinked thoughtfully, “I guess they’re not. They’re cool.”

Ruby looked at Mikey, “Are you guys engaged?”

“Alicia and I are but Gerard and Eliza aren’t even thought they’re practically married,” Mikey said, “Is that coffee?”

Ruby rolled her eyes but slid her cup across the table to a grateful looking Mikey.

“So why aren’t Ray and Bob’s girlfriends coming to stay?”

“Bob’s girlfriend is in school right now and Ray’s can’t get the time off work.”

“That sucks,” Ruby mused.

“Ruby’s worried that Alicia and Eliza won’t like her,” Brian said.

Ruby glared at him and opened her mouth to reply.

“I’m sure you guys will get along great,” said Gerard as he entered the kitchen and headed towards the coffee machine.

Johnny came in from the hallway and plonked a Starbucks bag on the table before following Gerard. Ruby’s eyes lit up as she reached in and pulled out a banana and walnut muffin.

“She eats!” Brian scoffed.

Ruby glared at him, “Bite me Schechter.”

Brian opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by his tall muscular friend.

“No sexual innuendoes involving the little sister,” Johnny pointed a threatening finger at Brian.

Ruby smiled sweetly at Brian as she picked at her muffin and the rest of the guys laughed at him.