Sequel: You Could Be Happy

Wilted and Faded

hooker, waitress, model, actress

A few days after the magazine incident and my late night sobbing fest it was time for Alicia and Eliza to arrive. I sat in the living room nervously glancing out of the window, waiting for Johnny’s silver Lexus to appear.

“You look more nervous than Gee and Mikey were before they left,” Frank chuckled as he sat down on the large sofa.

I looked over at him and smiled slightly, you would have thought that things would have been a little awkward between us seeing as how I had basically exposed my mixed up little mind to him the other night. But he didn’t look at me or talk to me any differently, for which I was glad.

“I just want to meet them. It’ll be nice to have some girls around this place instead of just you smelly boys.”

“Hey, I don’t smell. The Ways on the other hand are a different story,” he smiled as he flicked through the TV channels.

I laughed at him then noticed a flash of silver out of the corner of my eye, “Oh, they’re here!”

I jumped up and scrambled to the front door, Frank following making fun of my eagerness as I pulled open the large front door to Johnny’s house.

Johnny, Mikey and Gerard got out of the car followed by a tall girl with long black hair, a nose ring and big sunglasses and a shorter girl with short black hair with brown streaks.

“Go and say hello then,” Frank pushed me out the door.

I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him and he screwed his face up at me.

“You must be Ruby,” came a voice from behind me.

I whirled round and faced the two girls, “Hi.”

“Hi, I’m Alicia and this is Eliza,” the taller girl introduced herself and her friend.

“It’s really good to meet you at last, the guys have told me a lot about you.”

“Well, according to Gee it’s you we have to thank for us being here,” Eliza smiled.

I looked down and scuffed my red Converse on the ground, “I just suggested it.”

“Come on, we need to get to know you better,” smiled Alicia as she and Eliza linked arms with me and we walked back into the house.

I grinned to myself as everyone got settled in the kitchen. I think I’ve found a pretty awesome group of friends in the making.