Sequel: You Could Be Happy

Wilted and Faded

she obliterated everything she kissed

Soon it was the day of my 21st birthday. Johnny had insisted that we have some sort of party to celebrate, I had reluctantly agreed to a little pool party in the back yard with just the boys from the band, Alicia, Eliza, Brian and of course Johnny.

In my haste to pack in L.A. I had forgotten to pack a bathing suit, let’s be honest I wasn’t exactly thinking about topping up my tan when I left. So after a breakfast of pancakes and chocolate milk (I swear Johnny thinks I'm 12 not 21) Eliza, Alicia and I were heading to the local mall to do some much needed shopping.

“We don’t look conspicuous at all!” I laughed as the three of us got out of Johnny’s car all with huge dark sunglasses on.

We linked arms and headed in to the lovely air-conditioned shopping emporium.

“So what kind of suit are you looking for?” Eliza asked as we wandered in to Victoria’s Secret and headed for the swimwear.

I shrugged and looked through the rails. “I don’t really know. Something with a halterneck, I need all the help I can get in the cleavage department,” I mused as I looked through the rails.

Alicia and Eliza looked at each other and shared a smile.

“What?” I asked, frowning, I felt like I was missing something.

“Nothing, we just thought that, you know, you might be looking for something to impress a certain someone,” Alicia shrugged, as she looked at a black one-piece with cut out sides.

“And who might this certain someone be?” I asked as I picked up a black string bikini with a rhinestoned skull and crossbones on the cup.

“Oh you know, Frank,” Eliza shrugged, pulling out a dark green bikini.

I think my eyes nearly popped out my head, “Frank?!”

Finally they looked up at me. “He likes you,” Eliza stated as if it was the most ordinary thing in the world.

“He does?” I asked.

“Don’t you like him?” Alicia asked.

“Yeah,” I answered too quickly and they grinned, “I mean, you know. He’s been nice to me and stuff. He really likes me?”

Eliza smiled and nodded her head. I blushed as I looked down at the bikini in my hands.

“You know you like him back Ruby, so don’t deny it,” Alicia smiled.

I picked up the hoodie that matched my bikini. Okay, somaybe I did like Frank. Andmaybe he did like me but was I going to do anything about it?