‹ Prequel: Secret Love

Let's not fight this

Chapter 15

Observer POV

Watching Ava find the gift and letter I left for her only brought me more and more satisfaction. However I did not like the fact the Bro’s were involved now. They were getting in the way of things and it didn’t look like they were going to be leaving her side any time soon. This was displeasing they were ruining our reunion. Our fate and her demise or was it her fate as well. I saw them together in the pool. They act as if people aren’t watching. Foolish twits, Ava’s blood will be mine my other half is about to be released and that other half thirsted for Ava more than I. Oh happy day

Ava’s POV

That had to of been thee best night of sleep I’ve had in a long time. I stretched my legs which I noticed were a little sore from my swim I had yesterday and rolled over to reach out and feel an empty bed next to me. Where had Nick gone? Our night together was better than I ever imagined no love making or promises broken just sleep and rest and cuddling. I sat up and grabbed a shirt found some sweats and pulled them on. Pulled my hair up and went out the balcony for some fresh air. It was sunny and warm already which made me wonder what the time was. I realized when I heard it ring that my phone was in the pants pocket of my sweats. I looked down and it was an unknown number. Normally I don’t answer those but I was waiting for the insurance company to call about my store.

“Hello?”

“Avalynn Garner?” the voice was a woman

“Yes? That’s me may I ask whose speaking” I asked nervously

“This is detective Charlene Moungly I was put on your case after the car accident a while back. I was calling regarding Jack Mercer.” That’s a name I didn’t want to hear come for anyone mouth.

“Yes ummm what about him?”

“Well Ms. Garner we’re going to need you to come to the court house and sign some papers for a restraining order. Jack is due to me released tomorrow around 10am and we want to make sure everything with your safety and protection is in order” my heart sunk as did my body into the corner of the balcony floor. I started shaking my legs felt numb. I knew the time was coming but I didn’t think it was so soon.

“I…ugh I guess I can come down in a few. What makes you think he’s going to stay away with just a piece of paper?”

“ We can’t totally be for sure he’ll stay away but since this was such a high profile case there will be extra patrol around the area where you live and we’ll make sure if we see him he will be arrested on the spot.”

“So do I have to let you guys know if I got anywhere and should I stay in a hotel for a few nights while he’s first released?”

“That won’t be necessary unless you feel the need to stay some where and yes when you come in to the offices to sign the papers I’ll give you my direct phone line and you can call me to let me know where you are so I can have a cop around that area”

In away with all this protection I didn’t feel safe. I said my good byes to the detective after figuring out the time I would go sign the papers. I sat there curled up in a daze…my mind was spinning as I thought about Jack and that last night together. My mind was so blocked from it I could remember anything before the crash let alone after. All I could remember was those eyes and that voice. I wondered if maybe he would be released and just go on with his life and leave me alone. He a girl could dream couldn’t she?

“Ava? Hey Ava are you alright?” I looked up to see Kevin standing above me the look on his face was alarming and I knew he knew something was wrong.

“I…ugh…umm” I couldn’t get the words out then I started to feel sick and shot up and ran to the bathroom. I could hear Kevin on the other side of the door calling for Nick then an extra set of feet moving around out side the door.

“Ava? Baby its Nick are you alright…I’m coming in” he pushed the door open and knelt down at my side.

I grabbed the mouth wash from the sink side swashed it around in my mouth and spit it out in the toilet.

“I have to ugh…go to the court house and sign restraining order papers against Jack…he’s being released tomorrow morning. Nick I think it best if I go stay in a hotel I don’t want him to find me” Nicks face became panicked

“Ava do you need me to go with you? I can stay with you in the hotel I wont leave your side” I grabbed his hand and he help me up from the floor
“No Nick I can go sign the papers on my own” I assured him plus I didn’t want a big commotion around me with all the screaming girls that followed him every where.

“Well the hotel thing you don’t have a choice…we have an appearance on SNL and your going with us so after its done you and I will just stay a couple extra nights” Nick grinned and it made sense I didn’t have a business to run right now and I wanted to stay in a hotel anyways so I might as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i went and saw the Jonas Brothers 3 D concert in IMAX tonight...it was pretty cool.

I havent been to a 3 D movie before and i'm happy this was my first but it got me really into wanting to write more and hopefully some how finish this story and i got an even bigger illegal crush on Nick Jonas lol

Enjoy and COMMENT PLEASE