‹ Prequel: Secret Love

Let's not fight this

Chapter 17

As I crossed the last barred door and followed behind the Detective I suddenly had a wave of fear come over me. This man I was about to come face to face could have killed me. Bits and pieces came back into my head as I walked along a narrow gray hall way. He was so angry that night and the alcohol didn’t help the matter at all. He was so jealous and over me and Nick. The image of Nick’s face popped into my head and I felt calm all over again. I missed him so much it was insane I couldn’t wait just to be back in his presents which would have been a lot sooner if I didn’t choose to see Jack.

My throat got really tight as I approached the double pane glass. Luckily no one was on the other side yet I sat in the chair and looked at the black phone they had supplied to talk to the prisoners on the other side. The anticipation of waiting for him to be face to face with me was killing me. Suddenly the door on the other side opened and in stepped a guy with an orange jump suit on. Jack’s face looked stern and surprised to see me his eyes still the piercing bluish green and he had a 5 o clock shadow. He approached the chair across from me with out taking his eyes off of mine. My eyes on the other hand were every where but his I couldn’t keep eye contact even though I didn’t feel too afraid of him or his presents.

I picked up the phone and watched Jack do the same. Now I didn’t take my eyes off of him and that seemed to make him nervous.

“Jack?”

“Ava” he replied in his deep voice

“So you get out tomorrow?” what the hell was I suppose to say to him

“Yeah…two long yrs away it’ll feel good to get out and start a new. Maybe even see you again” he was out of his mind

“Jack? You almost killed me and threatened to kill my boyfriend” that was the first time I referred Nick as my boyfriend and I didn’t stutter over the words at all that’s how right they felt.

“Boyfriend? Ava you cant be serious your seeing that child?”

“He’s not a child and at least he doesn’t drink and drive” I was getting antsy and a little irritated

“So then get to the fucken point Ava why the hell are you here” Jack was getting angry

“I guess I’m here to tell you I forgive you for what happened…but when you get out you need to stay away from me if you wanna stay out of this place” again I didn’t break eye contact and nether did he.

“God Ava you’re so naive to think I could stay away from you…your mine look at you dressed up like a slut…you did this because you want me back”

“You’re kidding me right? Jack I’m here to warn you to stay away”

“What or your boyfriends body guards will get me” Jack stood up now as he was hovering over me from the other side of the glass he was so close his side fogged up with his breath

“You listen to me slut…you were mine first and no child will keep me from getting what mine you hear?” He threw the phone at the window yelling slut over and over. They were letting him out? Are these people crazy? I stood up eye contact on him as the police yanked him from the room. I wasn’t afraid of him and the detective saw that and walked me to my car. We talked about my where abouts and he informed me that form now till when ever they were going to have a police officer follow me where ever I go and for now that was back to the house to pack up a bag. I was going to be going into hiding Jack made it very clear he wasn’t finished with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update!!

Comments and such are very much liked

XOXO READERS