‹ Prequel: Secret Love

Let's not fight this

Chapter24

I awoke to the sound of the morning news on and the smell of pancakes. I sat up and stretched my head was throbbing. I figured it was due to my slip up in the tub last night.

“Morning sunshine” I looked over to see Nick walking threw the door with a trey full of breakfast.

“Hey!” I looked at him he was in basket ball short and shirtless. Just the way I liked him; his strong arms were holding the breakfast trey up until he placed it next to the bed and sat at the end.

“Where are the boys?” I asked

“They left to go home. Joe wanted to say good bye but Kevin and him thought it best to go home and check up on the houses” I nodded my head as I listened and nibbled on the breakfast next to me.

“I see” Me and Nick alone for two weeks things could get interesting

“Breaking News, Today at the court house the man charged for almost killing a young lady is being released. We’re going to go live to Myra Salway who’s standing by as he’s being released.” The news woman said on the TV and I automatically got shivers.

“Thanks Nancy I’m standing here outside of the court house just minute away from the release of Jack Mercer. Authorities have said that he’s being released after the time he’s done for nearing killing a young lady nearing two yrs ago. I’ve spoke with officer Jacobs who has informed me Jack will still be on probation but is lined up to work for a program designed for inmates who’ve been released and want to get going back in life.”

As the women started to end her broadcast in the back ground I saw him. Jack stepped threw the guarded gates and outside. He was free and who knew how long it would take him to find me. I could tell Nick saw the look of worry on my face.

“Ava…I’m not going to let him get you. Your mine not his…Baby I wont let him get you okay?” Nick crawled up towards me and wrapped his arms around me. His embrace made me feel safe. I didn’t understand I used to be such a strong willed girl. Now I feel as if I’m vulnerable for anyone to hurt me. But when Nick holds me it all feels okay.

“Promise?” I looked into his eyes

“Promise, promise, promise…with all my heart” those words made me melt

As Nick hugged me again I pulled back and looked him in the eyes again. I knew he meant what he was saying I knew I was safe. This man loving me I would have never thought I’d could be this lucky. I placed my hand on his cheek and pulled him close into my face. I placed my lips on his and kissed him deeply as our kisses became more passionate I could feel his tongue enter my mouth as they playfully tangled with on another. Nick’s hands pulled tighter on my body as he laid me on the bed. His body pressed against mine as we continued to kiss it didn’t seem like we had been kissing as long has we had but when we pulled away and laid on the bed time had flown by and what was morning turned into early afternoon.

“I was going to ask what that kiss was for but ugh…well you know we never stopped” Nick chuckled next to me.

“I just…we just feel so right together ya know. I can’t help it I need to kiss those lips of yours” I laughed

I felt like a school girl again, and the butterflies in my stomach were a nice touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow!!

I'm updating because i've gotten alot more comments than i expected THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

The last chapter was kinda a teaser but all i can say is things heat up and then get intense now that Mr. Jack Mercer is out and about

xoxo

Comments + Love