Chin Up Love

A Drunken Graduate

Wednesday came around like I knew it would. The day you graduate high school is supposed to be a day of joy and celebration one where you family are supportive and cry and tell you how proud they are of you, there supposed to reminisce and tell stories about you when you were young and how you have grown up. Well at least I got the last point.

Just not in the way I wanted. All morning before the ceremony I was reminded of how good I was as a child “obedient” was the word my mother kept using like I was a dog who had turned savage.

To make the day all the more memorable it was my cousin’s graduation as well you know the one who was perfect the one my parents wished I was because she was ‘obedient’.

But the day went progressed getting dressed in the most appropriate outfit I could muster, mind you I somehow managed to pull off leather tights I got ready for what I knew was going to be a very long day.

Arriving at the school with my parents for my graduation assembly to collect my certificate and have a small congratulation gathering I knew that everyone else was going to be at Oli’s place later on to celebrate but me. Well I was going to be at my Auntie’s place celebrating my cousins graduation.
I found my assign seat with the rest of my class mates while my parents gathered and found themselves seats I somehow managed to be placed next to Oli and I wasn’t quite sure if that was a good thing because he looked gorgeous his hair freshly washed and straightened falling slightly in his sparkling eyes, he smelt like a mixture of cologne and smokes and wore the tightest jeans I had ever seen and a v-cut grey shirt.

“Are you coming over later Lacey?” He asked his voice was like velvet and his accent still got me
“No I have to go to my cousins” I replied while his voice sounded perfect mine was quite the opposite as much as I tried to sound content with my life
“Are you okay Lace?” He asked not taking his eyes off me
“Yea im fine Oli” I replied looking away instantly as if he could read the truth in my eyes but he refused to take his eyes off of me, until our head master came over the speakers as she addressed the crowd, the only time I was thankful to hear her voice.

**
“Do you realise that that was the most embarrassing event in my life the people I was once friends with now don’t even acknowledge my presence because my spoilt brat of a daughter has turned into some slut who is hanging out with the wrong crowd. Do you know how bad that makes me look lacey?” I sat in silence on the way to my Aunties place what the fuck was I meant to say to that anyway without punching her?

I didn’t care if she looked bad she was a terrible mother and that’s all she ever cared about what people thought about her and her family. Today was supposed to be good all my friends would have had a small celebration with their family maybe lunch then they would all be getting pissed at Oli’s.
If I had the money and the job I would move out dis-own my family well maybe everyone except Lucas at the moment he was asleep on my lap his hair in a mess and grumbling slightly while the car swerved.

**
Lunch was served on silver plates that if I dropped I think someone may just have killed me. The talk was the usual about my cousin Kate and how well she did. I mean did you know she got an award for math I mean go fuck yourself.

The only good thing about being at my relatives place was the easy access to alcohol taking glass after glass of champagne and then getting bored and wondering off to the large kitchen pulling out a bottle of Jack and getting a good head start on that my day was becoming increasingly better.

“Lacey no awards on that side of the family what a let down I mean at least you could be a fashion designer with you leather pants…like eewww do people really still wear leather?” Oh how I loved my Aunt
“Yea I probably could be a fashion designer you know I got a high enough UAI for it but not like you would care you just think the sun fucken shines out of your daughters ass” I retorted grabbing the bottle of Jack and walking towards the front door.

Seeing their personal shoffer I practically forced him to give me a lift to Oliver’s place.
I was quite sure why maybe because I knew people would be there and maybe because I was already pretty drunk.

Arriving on Oli’s door step I knocked once letting myself in just standing there for a moment with the bottle of jack Daniel’s still in my hand many people walked past me but none seemed to actually notice me it made me wonder if I was invisible or dreaming or both. Im not sure how long I stood there for dazed off in some other persons world my head spinning a little at the irony of the situation I started the year wanting to change for the better to be myself but standing here it was as though I hadn’t gained anything at all if anything I had lost a lot more.

“Lacey what are you doing here you were supposed” he finished short when he got a good look at me and I thought I was going to cry
“Give me the bottle Lacey” he instructed and pulled it out of my hand
“What that’s not fair you get to get wasted but I don’t what is with the double standards” I retorted fiercely
“Come on Lace lets get you home love”
“I don’t want to go home Oli” I said closing my eyes wishing that things would change
“I know but you’re pretty drunk and I want to make sure you get home safely” I didn’t budge as he spoke to me his accent thick and caring and I wished he was mine because then I may have just gained more then I bargained for after all.

With what didn’t seem like much force at all he dragged me towards his car and after a bit I found my feet working in co-operation with him. As I got in his car he stopped to help me buckle up. He was close I could feel his breath and I was surprised I couldn’t find any alcohol on it.

“I know this can't be easy for you on a day like today Lacey but if you get home and your pissed your parents are just gonna be even more pissed at you” he sounded funny when he said the word pissed with his accent but I loved it.
I couldn’t find anything to say so I just didn’t speak instead nodding slightly.
“I know a lot has happened but you can still talk to me Lacey even if you are drunk” I laughed at little at that, as he said it with a smile

“I know I can Oli… I just don’t really feel like talking” I said with a soft smile

Oli walked me to my door and I let myself in I was about to turn around and say goodbye but Oli spoke first.
“Im making sure you get to bed I want you to be asleep before your parents get home so they cant yell at you” he let me know
“I suppose that would be nice”
“Which part me taking you to bed or you parents not yelling” he was still the same Oli after all
“Both I suppose” I smiled at him widely and he winked at me in return.

But he did as he said walking me up to my room and tucking me into bed leaving two aspirin and a glass of water on my bed side table for when I woke up he had turned around to leave but I caught his hand in the process and brang him back down to me.

“Oli what is this?” I asked meaning our relationship
“This is me saying goodbye to you Lacey because we both remember last time I stayed” he replied not answering my question one bit.
He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips turning away again I pulled him back for one more kiss that got a bit heated leaving us both gasping for air and my hands tangled in his hair leaving me with one last small kiss on the lips he left me to sleep. I just hope I remember all this in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
no one answered any of my questions im disapointed i think i have two chapters left hope you enjoy them hope you enjoyed this story!

i got no comments last up date DISAPOINTING!!

would anyone read a story about Zach Merrick if you dont know who he is google him!!!