It's Our Time to Shine

Wake Up, My Love.

“… Can you be fuckin´ quiet? God, you’re gonna wake her up!”, a voice said from the hallway.
“Geez, sorry.”

I was still lying in my bed in the guest room, just about to awake as I now was trying to understand what the people outside my door were saying.

"… On three?"
“Yeah.”
“One – two – three!”


The door suddenly slammed open and two voices filled the room with energetic screams and shouts before they jumped into my bed, both jumping up and down.

“Rise and shine, Lina!”, one of the voices said in a high tone as I now realized it was Quinn and Jepha.
“Are you up?”
“What… What the hell?, I mumbled, still lying under the covers and not being fully awake yet.”
“Wakie, wakie – sleep’s up”, Jepha giggled as the both of them sat down in the bed.

I was looking around the room, trying to wake up and get over the shock as I now rubbed my puffy red eyes to get a clear vision.
“What time is it?”
“I don’t know – around 8 am maybe.”
“Early…”, I complained, lying down in the bed again.
“Nooo, wake up”, Quinn nagged, shaking the left side of my body.
“Come one.”
“But I’m so tired.”
I couldn’t stop complaining as I now took my pillow and pressed it over my head.

“This calls for drastic solutions, Jeph. Watch and learn.”
And before I knew it, in a split second Quinn ripped off the covers of the bed, leaving me with only the pillow over my head.
“Nooo… I wanna sleep.”
“Stop cryin´, baby girl”, Quinn said mockingly while looking at me with a childish smile.
“Come on, get up – or else me n’ Jeph are gonna drag you out of the bed.”
“Okay, okay, fine. I’m coming. God, what’s the use?”
“Why are you so grumpy today? Had a bad sleep or what?”
“Yeah, as a matter of fact, I did. Bert and I-.”

And before I got to say anything more, I stopped, trying to fill the sentences with something else than what I was about to say.
I needed a lie, something to cover up the truth with.

“Oh, fuck, yeah! Did he wake you up too?”, Jepha suddenly asked.
To my great relief, he and Quinn hadn’t gotten suspicious of what I just said.
“Uhm… Yeah – exactly! Yes, he did. Bert woke me up too”, I answered as I let my look wander.
I knew I was lying, but at the same time – I wasn’t. I mean, he did wake me up.
Maybe just not in the way that Quinn and Jepha thought of.

“Damn him. And he’s still asleep? Let’s go do the same thing with him and then take Dan!”, Quinn added excited, having an enormous grin upon his face.
“Hey, why aren’t you guys dressed?”, I asked, now realizing than neither one of the had any clothes on, just their boxers and a tee.
It didn’t matter, though. In a way, I’d gotten used to seeing them all run around half-naked.

“We just woke up. And then we ran straight to you!”
“Oh, lucky me”, I said in an ironic voice.
“So you’re gonna get up now?”, Quinn asked, scratching his three-day-old beard.
“I guess I am.”
I almost managed to cover up the fact that I was resigned, but the little sigh I just uncovered blew me off.

“You’re not mad, are you?”
“No”, I responded, still having a firm look.
I had to admit, I couldn’t be mad at Quinn and Jepha.
I considered them both practically my brothers and siblings get on each other’s nerves, right?

“Okay, awesome”, Quinn smiled as he got up from where he and Jepha were sitting at the end of my bed.
“We’re gonna go wake Bert n’ Dan up now, so we’ll see you later, okay?”
“Yeah, sure”, I replied, seeing them head out and into the hallway.

When I got up from bed, I suddenly felt this pounding headache.
Quinn’s and Jepha’s wake-up call wasn’t the best one I’ve been given throughout the years.
As I went to the bathroom across the hall, I fetched my red backpack that was lying next to the bed before I entered the bathroom.
As soon as I’d locked the door behind me, I immediately opened the medicine cabinet, trying to find some sort of pain killers for my headache.
I went through the cabinet above the sink, checking to see it there was something I could take to maybe ease the pain, but all I couldn’t find was medicine for arthritis, gastric ulcer, athlete’s foot, menopause, you name it.
There was everything but pain killers in that medicine cabinet.

I sighed as I realized that I just had to deal with the headache as I now started to brush my teeth before putting on some make-up.
The headache didn’t get any better while I began thinking of all the clothes I needed to wash for the laundry today, either.
So before I intended to do anything about that, I took the last piece of clean clothing from my backpack, got dressed and then headed outside.

“Hey!”, Bert said, looking at with me a sweet smile upon his face as he spotted me entering my bedroom down the hall.
“Hi.”
“Slept well?”, he then asked, entering the room where he sat down on the bed.
“I guess. I just have this headache right now which is killing me”, I complained.
“Quinn and Jeph?”
“Yeah, how did you know – did they wake you up too?”
“No, but I heard Dan screaming from his room, and since I figured they were fuckin´ with him, I got up”, Bert explained, slightly giggling.
“Good plan”, I responded, sitting down next to him as I gave him a smile before rolling my eyes whilst thinking of their childish behavior.

Suddenly, an awkward moment between me and Bert occurred.
This had happened quite a lot lately every time he and I were alone.
All we did was keeping our mouths shut, clearly not having anything to talk about as we gazed at each other and exchanging little smiles and shy looks…
♠ ♠ ♠
before i say anything more, i'd like to congratulate someone right now.
it's a man that i have so much respect for and it's actually his birthday today.
HAPPY 27TH BIRTHDAY, QUINN! ;D
you are my guitar hero and you inspire me every day.
thank you for everything. i love you, dude. (: <3

so, back to the update; did ya like it? :]

xo,
lina.