It's Our Time to Shine

You Can Stay And Watch Me Fall.

”Where?”, Quinn asked, looking at me from where he was standing next to the bed half naked.
“Under the end of the bed there”, I repeated, now pointing at the tee and pants that were lying on the floor.
“Ah, thanks. I’ll be down in a few seconds, okay?”
“Yeah, sure – take your time”, I answered while leaving Quinn’s room and heading down the hallway.

As I was about to pass the corner, I suddenly ran into Bert, bumping into him and causing me to fall backwards and hitting the floor.
“Fuck, I’m so sorry!”, he exclaimed, immediately stretching his hand out to help me get up.
“It’s okay”, I replied, feeling slightly lightheaded.

An awkward silence occurred now and neither one of us knew what to say.
“What’re you guys standing here for?”, Quinn asked, coming from his room down the hall.
“Uhm, we crashed into each other”, Bert answered as he scratched the back of his head.
“Crashed? What the hell?”
“Yeah, we bumped into each other and I fell”, I said.
“Hah, talk about close encounter”, Quinn grinned before heading downstairs.

“So… We better go down too”, Bert mumbled.
The hesitation in his voice was inevitable.
“Yeah”, I replied before I started walking towards the stairs, followed by him.
“And, hey, I’m sorry for makin´ you fall. My mind was somewhere else. Does your head hurt?”
“No, it’s okay. It wasn’t your fault”, I assured, giving him a smile as we both got downstairs to the living room.
The others were already sitting around the dining table, waiting for me and Bert to join them.

“It was about time, you two. The dinner has been ready for several minutes now”, Mrs. McCracken said lecturing us as we sat down by the table.
Even though her voice had a somewhat strict tone in it, she blew it off with a warm chuckle.
“You are all here no, so that is good. Oh, did I mention Lina here helped me with the cooking?”
“No, you didn’t. Really?”, Bert asked his mother, giving me a feeling that as if I wasn’t even there.
“Yes, she did, and I must say, she is quite the chef”, Mrs. McCracken complimented.

I blushed, not saying a word as the other guys kept staring at me, almost amazed by the fact that I actually was able to cook something else than ‘5 minute-meals’.

“Now, let us eat before the dinner becomes cold”, she smiled, making us all stop our conversations and start eating.
The baked codfish, which by the way was amazing, tasted like something I’d never tasted before.
That gravy, one of the few things on the table that I’d prepared myself, wasn’t too bad, although it could need a few extra sprinkles of salt in it.
Either way, it didn’t matter. The fish itself complimented the entire meal and it was honestly the best one I’d had in a long time.

Then suddenly something unexpected happened; Mrs. McCracken began talking.
This had been pointed out earlier that conversations during dinner time were strictly not allowed.
I was confused.

“I am terribly sorry for interrupting everyone during dinner time, but I just felt like having a conversation right now. I know you are all leaving the first thing in the morning tomorrow, so let us use this meal to just enjoy each other’s company. Does that sound reasonable?”
“Of course, mom. That sounds great”, Bert answered with a sweet smile upon his face as we all now began to talk to each other and laughing around the dining table.

For the first time in this house, it felt like we were having a normal meal where conversations were allowed and laughter was almost required.
It felt good. Really good.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the shortness in this update, guys.
but for now, things are really hectic. thank god it's weekend.
i'll make it up again on the next update, okay? (:
for now; i hope you forgive me. :]
rofl.

oh, and btw; we had a transvestite carnival at my high school today,
and all the seniors, including me, dressed up in these crazy clothes.
like, the girls dressed up as guys and the guys dressed up as girls. xD
i was, logically, dressed up as a guy. a demolition man to be exact.
there were about 100 people dressed up and two winners, 1 girl and 1 boy,
would be announced by the end of the day. and guess what?
i won the prize for the best dressed man and snatched a $70 gift coupon. xD
here's a couple of pictures of me as a hot, yet incredibly nasty, demolition man.
enjoy! ;D
pic 1.
pic 2.

xo,
lina.