It's Our Time to Shine

My Head On Your Chest.

The music speakers were still filling the bar with loud music as Bert and I kept on dancing on the dance floor.
We were swaying and just moving from one side to the other with our arms wrapped loosely around each other.

“Can we go back to the hotel now?”, I asked weakly.
My eyes could hardly keep themselves open and the alcohol in my body had started to have a drowsy effect on me.
“Yeah, sure. Totally”, Bert replied, letting go of me before grabbing my hand as the both of us staggered towards the table to where the other guys sitting.

“Had enough, you two?”, Jepha grinned, looking at us with a smirk on his face.
“We wanna go back to the hotel now”, Bert mumbled, leaning one hand on one of the chairs to support himself.
“So soon?”
He couldn’t cut the irony as he was sitting there and enjoying his cup of green tea, as sober as anyone could possibly be.
“Yeah, I’m pumped, dude. We’ve drunken, we’ve danced and I don’t know what we’ve done, but I’m ready for bed.”

“Okay, guys – let’s go”, Quinn said, making Jepha and Dan get up from their seats before we all headed towards the bar’s exit.
I was glad I was holding Bert’s hand while we staggered out of Rock Rock Bar.
My vision was starting to get blurry and I could hardly see what was in front of me.

“Ahh, fresh air”, Jepha sighed, stretching his arms out in the warm Japanese summer air.
“I need a cig”, Quinn said while fumbling in his pockets.

And just as we thought we were going to walk home, a familiar voice which made me practically shriek could be heard.

“Hello! It is you again, yes? Do you remember me? It is me, Dong!”
“Oh, fuck”, Bert said, resting his head on my shoulder.
“Duuude, is that the guy you were talking about earlier?”, Dan asked with an excited voice.
“Unfortunately, yes”, I responded, patting my lips.

I had no intentions whatsoever in answering Dong’s, question, so I kept silent while hoping that one of the other guys would take over.
They didn’t.

“Was it Lina, yes?”
“Yes”, I finally answering, looking another way.

Bert was now giggling like a little school girl as he buried his head in my neck, having his arms around me.

“Did I say you have very pretty hair?”, Dong continued with a fascinated look upon his face.
“No, you didn’t.”
“Well, you have very pretty hair! So blonde and so long. Yes, very pretty.”
“Thank you…”

Quinn, Jepha and Dan were just standing there next to me and Bert, not really participating in the conversation.
All they did was to stand there while trying to prevent from bursting out into laughter.

“You be going home now?”, Dong asked.
“Yeah, we were thinking about it”, I answered, giving the other guys a desperate look.
At this point, anywhere else besides standing 2 feet from Dong would be paradise.

“Come on, let’s go now”, Bert mumbled in my ear.
Apparently, he was as eager as me to get back to the hotel.
According to the other guys, they couldn’t agree more.

“You be boyfriend and girlfriend?”, Dong then asked.
“No”, I replied blushing while looking down on the ground.
“That be sad. You very pretty. And have nice hair too…”

I immediately froze as he suddenly reached out his hand at me before touching my hair with awkward strokes.
“Leave her the fuck alone, dude!”, Bert burst out, staggering one step backwards to prevent Dong from coming anywhere closer to me.

“Okay, I think we better call if for tonight”, Jepha said with a small laugh, giving Dong a skeptical look.
And before I knew it, we were walking down the crowded street, away from Rock Rock Bar and Dong, now heading back to The Four Seasons Hotel.

“Fuck, that guy was annoying!”, Quinn added, inhaling his cigarette while receiving Dan’s agreeable nod.
“Yeah, talk about being progressive, huh?”
“Hey, are you okay, Lina? He was kinda creepy the way he acted towards you.”
“Yeah, I’m okay. I just wanna go back to the hotel now”, I muttered, leaning on Bert’s chest while holding his hand to prevent myself from falling flat on the pavement.

“You’re wasted, aren’t ya?”, Jepha asked with a laugh.
“Nooo…”, I answered with a giggle.
I wasn’t convincing at all.
“So I figured. Bert, how’re you holdin´ up?”
“I love you guys so much. You’re the best friends I’ve ever had. I love you all to death”, he replied hazy.
He was hardly being heard as his head was resting on my shoulder and his mouth buried in my hair.

“We love you too”, Quinn replied laughing, now stopping in front of a crowded crossover as we all waited for the light to turn green.
“I need a smoke”, Bert said mumbling, lifting his head up before searching his pockets.
“Me too”, I suddenly added.
“What – you don’t smoke?”

He was having a hard time focusing on me as he was trying to stand up straight and ignite his smoke.

“I don’t. Just when I drink. And now I do. So I feel like having a smoke.”
“You’re not allowed to smoke.”
“Says who?”, I asked, rubbing my face.
“I do. It kills you and I don’t want that to happen.”
“But it’s okay for you to kill yourself What if I won’t want that to happen? Oh, come on – one smoke won’t kill me. Besides, I’m old enough to decide whether I want to smoke or not”, I said, leaning on a street light.

“Okay, fine. You got me. Here, you want one? Take one”, Bert said, handing his package of Marlboro Gold 20’s.
“Thank you”, I replied as I took one.

He ignited a cigarette with a lighter before and gave it to me before taking one himself as we saw the light turning green and we all crossed the street.
He instantly took my hand while crossing the street, as it was the most natural thing to do, and the rest of the guys were now several feet ahead of us with no intentions of stopping and waiting.
The cigarette smoke that was filling my lunges was almost like intoxication itself, making me feel lightheaded with every puff I took.

“So now you’ve made her smoke too?”, Jepha asked as he slowed down and walked next to Bert and me.
“She wanted to herself ”, he giggled, inhaling his cigarette as he almost fell over. “Besides, she’s old enough to make her own decisions.”
“Yeah, and it’s not like I haven’t smoke before, so this isn’t the first time.”
“Okay, but just not make it into a habit. Smoking is some nasty shit. Look at me – I’m all sober, smoke free and nothing but green tea filling my tummy. Hey, that even rhymed, but you see where I’m going?”
“Yeah”, I giggled, receiving Jepha’s smile before he joined

I smiled to the fact that neither one of them wanted me to smoke, but still we were all smoking weed during one of the first nights we met.

“Smoking that cigarette kinda suits you”, Bert whispered in my ear, once again having his arm around me.
“Jerk”, I replied with a laugh.
“I love you, babe”, he then mumbled.
“I love you too.”

We were both heavily intoxicated, and I had taught myself to believe that phrases such as ‘I love you’ didn’t mean much when you were in this condition.
Still, it was nice to hear someone saying it to you.

“We should do this more often.”
“Do what?”
I wasn’t quite sure what Bert meant.
“Goin´ to bars!”, he exclaimed. “It’s fun!”
“Yeah, it’s been a great night”, I smiled.

“Hey, are you guys comin´?”, Quinn yelled down the street.
They were already way ahead of us again.
“The hotel’s just around the corner, so it’s not far.”
“Yeah, we’re comin´”, Bert responded with a raspy voice, almost screaming to be heard.

Instead of hurrying to get to the hotel, he suddenly slowed down before looking me straight in they eyes.
“I don’t want this night to be over, babe.”
“Neither do I…”
♠ ♠ ♠
it's my country's national day tomorrow, so tonight, it's a big party all over norway that'll last all night. ;D
so, yes; i'll drink and dance the night away. <3

but over to the update, what did you guys think of it? (:

oh, and if you're into the eurovision song contest; watch out for tonight's finale.
norway's gonna bring home the award.
just wait n' see. ;D

xo,
lina.