It's Our Time to Shine

Share With Me.

“So where are you guys going to play tonight?”, I suddenly asked, looking around the table with a smile and looking at the guys.
“I can’t remember at the moment, it’s a weird Japanese name or something. It’s across the city, but it’s not that far”, Quinn said, playing with the candled that was placed in the middle of the table.

After about 15 minutes of small talk and waiting, the food arrived, being very welcomed by all of us.

“Ahh, it looks delicious. I’m starving!”, Jepha said with a grin on his face as he grabbed his fork and knife.
“Have any of you tried the Domburi before?”, I asked, now looking very suspiciously at the dead duck that was placed on the plate in front of me.
“No, but I’ve heard it tastes like chicken.”
“Ahh, then I guess it’s good, then.”
“Yeah”, Dan smiled before taking a piece of his Kung Pao Chicken.

“Wanna try together? On three?”, Bert asked, hinting for me to take a bite of the duck with him.
“Yeah.”

I immediately took a piece of it and put it in my mouth, wondering what it would taste like as I chewed it carefully while letting my tongue get the chance to taste ever single taste.

“It’s good! Right?”, he smiled, receiving my agreeable nod.
“It was”, I smiled.
“And how’re those stuffed cabbage rolls doin´, Jeph?”
“Awesome, I love ‘em.”
“Dan – the Kung Pao Chicken? Give us a full update”, Quinn joked.
“Yummy. They’re fuckin´ yummy.”

“Hey, we gotta make a toast!”, Bert suddenly said.
“For what?”, I asked, feeling slightly confused.
“To Lina”, Quinn quickly added with a smile.
“Yeah!”, Jepha and Dan agreed.
“No, you don’t have to…”
“But it’s your half-birthday.”
“It was yesterday, it doesn’t count today.”
“Well, if I say so, then it’s still legitimate”, Quinn protested playfully.
“Okay, then, I give up”, I smiled.
“To Lina!”, Bert then said, raising his Corona beer and making the rest of us raise our drinks and beverages.

The conversation went on, and before we knew it, we had all finished our meals.

“Dessert, anyone?”, Quinn suggested while cocking his right eyebrow.
“Nah, man – I’m full.”
“Hell, yeah. Me too. Totally bloated.”
“Bert? Lina? What about you guys?”
“Uhm…”, I started, not really sure what to answer.
I still had some room for dessert, but to me, it seemed like neither one of the guys felt the same, so I kept dwelling on it.

“We could share?”, Bert then said, looking at me with a sweet smile upon his face. “I mean, if you don’t think you’ll be able to finish it by yourself?”
“Yeah, sure. I’d love to”, I responded, relieved over the fact that I now didn’t have to make up some lousy excuse on why I didn’t want dessert.

“So, what do we want?”
“I’m not sure, I’ll have whatever you’ll have”, I said.
“I’ll call for the waitress again to give us the menu”, he replied before signalizing her to come over.
“Hello, again. Is there anything I can do for you again?”, she smiled.
“Yeah, could we please look at the menus one more time? I think we’re ready for dessert”, Bert said.
“Of course! I have two here – here you go.”

“Oh, awesome – chocolate ice cream! I’ll most definitely have that”, Quinn said before closing the menu.
“Do you like tiramisu, babe?”, Bert asked in a raspy voice while looking at me with a curious smile.
“Is that the Italian cream?”
“Yeah, I think so – with dark chocolate sprinkled on top.”
“Oh, yeah. That ice cream. I’ve had it before. It’s good!”
“Then we’ll have the tiramisu with two spoons”, he said, unnoticeably stroking my hand that was under the table.

“Okay, one chocolate ice cream and one tiramisu. With two spoons. Will that be all?”, the waitress giggled.
“Yep”, Bert answered, making her once again gather the menus before leaving.

“So… Tiramisu, guys – that’s kinda serious, don’t ya think?”, Jepha teased, looking at me and Bert with a smirk on his face.
“Yeah, and you’re sharing it too!”, Quinn added, having the same childish tone in his voice while being supported by Dan’s suspicious, yet ridiculous look.
“What about it?”, Bert asked, clearly not making a big deal out of it.
“Oh, nothin´ much”, Jepha replied, looking at us with a smile on his face.
“We’re just sharin´ an ice cream. That’s what people do when they’re… When they’re – uhm…

I looked at Bert, waiting for him to finish his sentence while the other guys were doing the same.
In a way, I didn’t want him to finish it at all.
I was afraid of what he might say.

“… When they’ve got somethin´ goin´ on, okay?”, he finally said, making me smile due to the fact that the way he said it, seemed so childish yet so perfectly normal at this point.
“But you’ve never shared an ice cream with me”, Jepha pouted while not being able to hold back a giggle.
“Whatever”, Bert replied, rolling his eyes with a smile before taking my hand which was resting on the table.

Quinn looked at me as he gave me a quick smile, letting me know that he was fully aware of what was going on between us.
In a way, I couldn’t blame him for taking an interest in the development between me and Bert – I would’ve been curious too.
I blushed at him and greeted his smile before now seeing the Japanese waitress that coming with the dessert.

“Chocolate ice cream for you, sir, and the tiramisu for the couple”, she said, placing the ice creams in front of us along with some napkins.

The phrase ‘couple’ made me blush even more than I already was as she handed two spoons to me and Bert before leaving.

“Wanna share my ice cream, Jeph?”, Quinn asked with a playful voice.
“Don’t mind if I do”, he responded, grabbing the spoon and taking a piece.
“Hey, dude! I didn’t actually mean it.”
“Too bad”, Jepha grinned, having his mouth full of chocolate ice cream.

“Mmm, that’s some fuckin´ good tiramisu. Try it, babe”, I could hear Bert saying.
“What?”
Even though I kind of heard what he said, I was thinking of something else and my mind was somewhere else, so I couldn’t say for sure.

“The tiramisu – it’s good. Try some. Or do you want me to feed you?”
“No”, I smiled, before taking a piece.
“Good, huh?”
“Yeah, it was.”
“Better watch out there, Lina. Bert eats his boogers, so you may find one in the ice cream”, Quinn said with a smirk on his face.
“So do I, so I don’t mind”, I replied while hiding a smile.
“Really?”, he laughed.

I cocked my right eyebrow before taking yet another taste of the tiramisu.
What Quinn knew sure a shell couldn’t hurt him.

“How can one girl get as badass as you, Lina?”, Jepha asked with a giggle while shaking his head.
“Science gone bad”, I said, and before I knew it, the guys started laughing uncontrollably.
I had absolutely no idea what was so funny and what caused them to laugh, but in case of making a complete fool out of myself, I laughed with them.

“Fuck, you should have your own stand-up show.”
“Nah, I’m perfectly happy just the way things are right now”, I smiled.
“So am I”, Bert said, looking at me with a sweet look upon his face.
“Hey, guys – it‘s already 3:35 pm. Maybe we should get goin´? The interview starts in 25 minutes”, Dan suddenly added.
“Yeah, you’re right”, Quinn replied, getting up from the chair along with Jepha and Dan.

“Hey, want the last piece?”, Bert asked as he was pointing at the tiramisu with a smile.
“No, you can have it.”
“Nah, take it. I’m full.”
“So am I”, I answered with a small laugh.
“Do I have to feed you in order to get you to eat the last piece?”
“Yeah.”
“Okay, then open up”, he giggled, taking the last piece of the tiramisu with his spoon before waiting for me to open my mouth.

I did as he said as he now fed me with the ice cream, making me feel like either an infant or his lover.
Still not sure about those two.

“So, are we good to go, lovers?”, Quinn asked.
Yep, he confirmed it.
“Sure”, Bert answered, automatically taking my hand as we left the restaurant and headed outside.

'Lovers.'
That phrase made me giggle like a girl in love.
But the question was; was I?
♠ ♠ ♠
so, yeah; i ended up having to sit for a final oral exam on wednesday.
in religion and ethics. D:
i got the second highest grade in class, though. ;D
only beaten by this girl in my class, but she's 22 and takes the class as
a side-class, so she doesn't count. lmfao. xD
so, yeah; i got the higest grade in class. :'D

btw, guys; what do you think about this update? (:

xo,
Lina.