It's Our Time to Shine

So Nice To Meet You.

As I was sitting in the couch while lip syncing the lyrics to ‘Wake the Dead’ as the guys’ sound check, I started drumming against the wooden table with my thumbs, following the rhythm to Dan’s drums as I found myself now singing along.
After a while, all the singing – if I can even call what I was doing singing, made me feel thirsty.

I spotted a soda machine at the corner behind me, now playing with the thought of buying a soda can.
I had, after all, been given the rest of the change from Bert’s $20 bill that I purchased a chocolate bar with earlier.
I didn’t dwell on it anymore, so I walked to the soda machine and chose a Coke, before putting the money into it.
The soda can came falling down the slot after only a few seconds, making me grab it and sitting down in the couch again.

The refreshing taste felt soothing as the soda ran down my dry throat.
I noticed there wasn’t any music being played in the background anymore, so I figured the sound check was over.
And I was right; before I knew it, Bert, Quinn, Jepha and Dan entered the room, all looking somewhat sweaty.

“Duuude, the sound is fuckin´ awesome in there!”, Dan exclaimed.
“Gotta love the Japanese technicians”, Jepha agreed, having a grin upon his face.
“Hey, Lina – didn’t get bored, did ya?”
“Hell, no”, I replied, looking at Quinn with a smile before Bert crashed down next to me in the couch.
“Ahh, Coke, eyh? Wanna have some peanuts with that?”, he asked with a smirk, giving me a very suspicious look.

I knew exactly what Bert was talking about, and the fact that the other guys didn’t, made me laugh.

“Sure, why not”, I then said, returning the suspicious look as I got up and purchased a bag of peanuts from the snack bar on the other side of the room.
“What’s goin´ on?”, Quinn asked confused.
“Dude, are you guys high?”
“No, fuck you! Just wait n’ see…”, Bert responded with a giggle.

“Does someone have a cup I can use?”, I asked, looking around to see if I could find one.
“No, sorry. Or, wait – there are some over there”, Jepha said, pointing at some plastic cups that were wrapped up in plastic. “Hold on, I’ll get you one.”
“Lina, you’re done with the Coke, right?”
“Yeah, sure”, I smiled, handing Bert the can.
“Okay, guys. Watch and be amazed.”

He poured the Coke into the plastic cup before taking a handful of peanuts and sprinkled them over the cup.

“Dude, what did you do that for?”, Quinn burst out.
“Just look.”
“Fuck, it’s frizzin´.”
“That’s awesome”, Jepha laughed, being completely mesmerized.
“What is that?”, Dan asked, obviously curious as his eyes were fixated on the frizzing cup.
“Take it away, babe”, Bert smiled, waiting for me to explain.

“Well”, I began. “When you pour the peanuts into the Coke, a chemical reaction occurs. The salt in the peanuts reacts with the carbonic acid in the soda, hence the fact why it begins to frizz. Therefore, a chemical reaction occurs.”
“Man, that’s so awesome! What are you, a rocket scientist or something?”, Quinn asked with an excited voice.
“Dude, that’s what I said the first time Lina showed me this at the airport!”, Bert grinned.

“But seriously, how do you know that?”, Jepha asked.
“I don’t know, I guess I just do”, I blushed while hiding a smile.
“Or maybe it’s just ‘cause my girl is smart”, Bert added, smothering me with a hug from the side.

Suddenly, the door opened and the tour manager entered the room.

“Hey, guys. Sorry for disturbing you, but there’s a few people gathered up at the entrance. I thought you’d maybe want to say hi or somethin´?”
“Yeah, sure. Totally. Thanks, dude. We’ll be right there”, Jepha replied as the tour manager left the room.

“I’m comin´ with you, Jeph”, Dan said, followed by Quinn.
“What about you?”
“Nah, I think I’ll just stay here with Lina”, Bert answered, putting his left arm over my shoulders.
“Oh, come on”, I said. “Go outside and meet your fans. I bet they’re gonna notice you’re missing if you stay inside.”
“Yeah, you’re right. Wanna come with us?”

I dwelled on it for a couple of seconds before I decided to go with them.

As we left the room, Bert took my hand as we began walking to the exit door.
At the entrance, all we could hear were screams from I don’t know how many fans as they were all shouting for the guys.
All I could see was girls; girls snapping a shot with their cameras that almost blinded me.

I let go of Bert’s hand, standing in the corner next to the entrance as I saw him, Quinn, Jepha and Dan all walking towards the fans to greet them.
The Japanese girls all looked so happy.
Some were smiling their ears off, others were crying their eyes out, while a couple of others just stood there moping as their jaws dropped.

The guys were now signing autographs, being taken pictures of, giving hugs to the fans and just trying to be as friendly as possible.
They all passed with flying colors.

“… And this is why I love Japan!”, Jepha grinned, now signing the last piece of paper.
“Okay, guys, we better go inside now. We’re on soon”, Bert announced.
“Yeah. Good bye, everyone! See you inside!”, Quinn smiled, waving at the fans, before him and the guys came towards me.

“See? I told you they’d get excited about seeing you”, I said in a teasing, yet playful voice, while looking at Bert with a smile upon my face.
“Yeah, you were right”, he grinned, placing his hand around my waist and kissing me, before we all headed inside again.

“Now that’s what I call a great crowd of fans!”, Jepha laughed as he sat down in the couch in the backroom again.
“Totally. That makes it even more fun playin´ for ‘em”, Quinn agreed.
“What time is it?”, I asked, noticing there wasn’t a clock in the room.
“Almost 7 pm, so I guess the doors are opening soon.”

“Then it’s time for my yoga”, Dan suddenly added, getting up from where he was sitting.
“Dude, why do you keep doing that shit? It doesn’t help, you know”, Bert laughed.
“How do you know? It’s actually good for you and it’s relaxing.”
“Freak.”
“That’s how I roll”, he responded, now standing in the middle of the room, before starting to do some exercises.

I rolled my eyes with a smile at Dan’s goofiness, hearing the other guys having a hard time not to burst into laughter.

“Hey, I’m gonna try and sleep some before the show starts. Mind if I use the couch?”, Bert then asked.
“No, of course not.”
“Wanna share it with me? You could just lie next to me…?”
“Okay”, I smiled.

So I lay down on the couch farthest in, resting my head on the arm rest while feeling Bert slowly snuggling up next to me, holding his arms around me.

“Hey, can I snuggle with you guys too?”, Jepha asked with a humoristic tone in his voice.
“Fuck, no. Besides, I prefer blondes”, Bert responded, hearing him giggle behind me and he breathed heavily into my long, blonde hair.
“Fine. I’ll just stick to Quinn.”
“Do that”, he laughed, now coming even closer behind me.

I didn’t plan on falling asleep on the couch.
Just the feeling of being able to relax on the couch with Bert’s arms around me was all I needed at that point.
According to his calm and soothing breaths behind me, I figured he was already fast asleep.
I could hear Quinn, Jepha and Dan chit-chatting, talking about everything from their musical equipments to their tattoos and dogs.

In a way, their talking almost drowned out Bert’s now pig-like, yet adorable snoring as I found myself slowly falling asleep…
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!
I MET THE USED! <333 ::inlove:
check out my journal entry for the full story.
i also added some pictures.
feel free to comment. :'D

xo,
lina.