Status: complete :)

Giving In

13

"Wow," was all Harley had said when I finished telling her my story.

"I know, I miss him so much," I say and close my eyes.

"You didn't have sex with him?" Harley asked.

My eyes shot open, I practically yelled, "No." and shook my head.

"Well, I'm surprised, normally when slayers 'illegally' get involved with vampires, all they do is have sex," Harley laughed at this.

Harley, sensing my serious side stopped and said, "Well, I saw a few cases that are like your situation."

"What happened to them?" I ask wanting to know but at the same time, I didn't.

"Most of the vampire hunters got sentence to death, some got off and never saw their love every again, and some committed suicide with their vampire lover," Harley says feeling a but uneasy telling me this.

"Oh," is all I say.

"Wait, there was one that the person ended up with their lover, but they're in hide-out, hadn't seen them in years," She thinks for a moment, "My parents," She added.

It took me a while to realize what she had just said.

"What? Vampires and slayers can have babies together?" I asked.

"Well yeah, my mom was a slayer and slayers can have babies, and my father was a vampire, but he had the sperm," She explains.

"They think that's how I got it," She says quietly. She takes out another cigarette

"Got what?" I got confused.

"Got my power, how my senses are so strong. Adam saw it, he saved me when I was a baby. You know when I was born in 1993 it only took me eight years for me to reach my age now. I grew rapidly. I'm sixteen forever now ever since," She seemed pained.

"But, you will stop growing when you are eighteen. Like most vampire slayers," She smiles at this.

I decided to go onto another subject, powers.

"What are Dimitri, Curtis and Adams power?" I asked Harley.

"Adam has powers sort of like premonition. Dimitri well he has a unknown rare one, which is hard to explain, he can make people stay where they are and hold onto his gaze till he feels like it. Curtis can make you see, feel and hear things that isn't really there," Harley explains and takes a long drag of her cigarette.

"I like Curtis' power, the feeling part," she closes her eyes for a moment, she smirks and looks at me, "if you know what I mean."

I laughed a little.

Then got serious and said, "How do they hide their thoughts? Edward can read people's mind."

"Curtis made him think he couldn't hear their thoughts," Harley stands up. I went up with her.

"Harley," I say. "I want to leave, I would love to be a slayer, but I'm in love with Jasper."

"I know but you have to understand your destiny, Pree, trust me, your going to learn to handle and accept being a slayer. I had to, everyone had to," She starts to walk out.