Status: complete :)

Giving In

14

Harley came back after a few hours and I had loads of questions to ask.

"So your half vampire, half human?" I asked.

"No, I'm half slayer and half vampire," She says as she brings me food.

"Oh, but I heard you can't be a slayer if you have part vampire," I say and looked at my food she had brought. It was a hamburger and fries. I also had water, I had decided to go to that first. I took a sip.

"Well, that's if your human and vampire. Like, 'Bella's' child, it didn't go to her, because well Bella was human, she wasn't a slayer. Sure, she had a family history, it could have went to one of her children if the man she was with was human," She explains.

She adds, "And well, when slayers mix with humans, there is a chance that the children will be human and not slayers. When slayers and slayers mix, its a 99.9% chance that the child will turn out to be a slayer. Besides, I'm not really a slayer, I had just..." She stops for a minute and takes one of my fries.

She sighs, "...chosen to be like one..."

Chosen to be one? The way she had just said that sounded just like she didn't actually want to.

"It wasn't really your choice was it?" I ask softly feeling sorry for her.

She stares at the dark wall and says, "No."

"How did you know I was talking about Bella, and it seems like you guys know them or something," I asked her, I felt bad for asking a whole lot of questions, but I needed to know.

"I told you, we read your file and we had learned that you accompanied the Cullen's. So we read their file as well, we had an insider. For almost all your life, you know him pretty well," She explained.

And with that, someone walked in. I knew him.

"I want to see her," Darien said, and when he saw me, he smiled.

"You asshole!" I screamed and went after him. I was pulled back by Curtis and Dimitri.

Darien, the guy I knew all my life, back in New York.

"Look, Pree, I am very sorry. I'm a slayer too. For almost twenty years. I was given orders to protect you and when I saw you with those awful blood suckers, I couldn't take it, I told the committee, who had sent Seb, my long time friend to go and teach you the ways and try to get past, your friendship with the Vampires, BUT you declined the offer. You didn't want to, you chose the Cullen's instead," He stops for a moment.

He adds, "Well, you better chose now, or else." He leaves and the others leave to.

Dimitri had stayed.

"By the way, The committee is something like the council but has less authority," He walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Why can't you forget about him for once and look at me?" He puts his hand on my chin and makes me look at him.

I was stuck again. He leaned down with eyes still open and brushed his lips against mine. He finally kissed me. You could tell how much he wanted me by the kiss but I would never give Jasper up, no matter what happens. He finally stops and leaves the room.

It was funny but I could still feel his presence in the room. I could still feel his lips against mine.

I wiped my lips in disgust.

"They're here!"
"I can't!"
"Help!"

I heard screams and yells and I panicked. I tried opening the door but it was no use.

"Help!" I decided to scream too.

The door opened and I saw a vampire come in, it wasn't a vampire I had recognized before.

"Please, you have to help me," I pleaded. Maybe she could take me back to the Cullen's.

The vampire laughed. "What? Aren't you a slayer I can sense those a mile away," She goes into a defensive state.

"Wait no, I am friends with vampires, don't you know the Cullen's?" I asked in a hopeful way.

She frowns and relaxes a bit. She says, "I know who they are. Are the slayers keeping you prisoner here? They took my girlfriend, Lissa, killed her, those bastards. I'm seeking revenge. It's pretty hard, with all the blood but I manage, I'm here with a group who is also seeking revenge, we'll take you with us if you'd like."

And so I went.

As I was leaving I saw Harley call out to me.

"Be free..." She said
"Go to him...choose...him-" She continued and closed her eyes.

"Pree, help us!" It was Darien. I looked back and he was there looking at me. It took all that I got to keep walking.

"Cherish your powers..." Adam said as he weakened.

I didn't care about the others, but I had felt something for Harley. I felt the connection we had. However, Harley never got to choose, The council had taken her in the second they found her when she was just a child. She hardly ever met her parents. Parents, I almost forgot my own. How were they? How long was I gone.

I had a lot to talk about with the lady vampire who saved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any questions? Comments? Msg me :) hope you liked the new chapter. More to come.