Status: complete :)

Giving In

04

“Priyanka over here,” Bella said as I walked to their cars. I walked up to them and greeted them. All of a sudden I was greeted by the short haired girl.
“Hi! I’m Alice and you must be Priyanka. This is also my boyfriend Jason. I moved from my family 6 years ago but I came back because I saw you coming.” She hugged me and smiled. “I can tell the future.” She told me and glanced at Jasper. He just looked away.
“Alice, she doesn’t know of our powers yet.” Bella laughed. I was confused. On the drive to their house she told me all about it.
“As you know, Alice can tell the future but it doesn’t always come true, if the person changes their decision. Edward can read minds but not mine and Jasper he is able to manipulate emotions around him.” Bella explained.
“And yourself Bella,” Alice started. “She can shield her mind from attacks, also other people.” Alice explained. Bella smiled.
“Charlie is my father, my real name is Bella Swan. “ Bella said randomly and turned away from me.
“I knew it, you look just like her and Edward I hear my mom talk about him all the time.” I sighed. “So, my dad is your cousin?” I asked.
“Yeah, who is your mom?” She asked me. “What’s her name?”
“Jessica Stanley,” I told her.
“Oh, I knew her. She used to be friends with me but we had a falling out. However, she was at my wedding with Mike Newton. How did she end up with my cousin?” She asked confused. I knew about Mike Newton, my mom has prom pictures with him. She told me about him once.
“Well, that Newton guy, it didn’t work out, so she decided to move to New York, she designs clothes. There she met my dad and they remembered each other from your wedding and my dad took her out to dinner then a few years later they got married then had me.” I smiled as I explained.
“Interesting,” was all she said as the car parked in front of their house.
“Hi, Priyanka, I’m Carlisle and this is my wife, Esme.” Carlisle greeted as he shook my hand. I also shook Esme’s hand.
“Nice to meet you,” I said in a low voice. All of a sudden a small girl, around sixteen, came inside the house.
“Hey mom, I’m home.” She said smiling. Her smile grew wider as she saw me. “You must be Priyanka.” She squealed and ran to me. “I’m Renesmee but everyone calls me Nessie,” She was so cute.
I smiled as I said, “Hey,” All of a sudden, my head started to hurt and all I could think was thoughts about killing the poor girl. ‘What is wrong with me?’ I thought.
“Don’t hurt her, Pree.” Edward said.
“I can’t stay here.” I said as I started to walk out.
“You’re not going to hurt her.” Alice said as she stopped me. I sighed and turned around.
Nessie skipped towards me. “That’s good, let’s be friends, hey I want to show you something.” She giggled and pressed her hand on my cheek. In my mind I saw me and Jasper together. I saw the whole family together and I felt part of them and really happy next to Jasper. Then I pushed her hand away lightly when I saw myself kiss Jasper. My face felt hot. “See, you got a nice future.” She said smiling at me then at Jasper. I felt Jasper stiffen.
“Alice, you told Nessie about that vision?” Edward asked. Alice giggled.
“Yeah, well she wanted to know what we were talking about,” She explained. I stayed quiet. I put my hand to my cheek to feel it hot. I wonder what my face looked like.
“C-can I use the bathroom?” I asked. I need to hide for at least 10 minutes.
“I’ll show you where it is,” Bella said as she took me to their bathroom.
“You said that not always her visions come true?” I asked. She nodded.
“But so far that’s what she has been seeing, you and him.” She said.
“Well, I’m not too good with guys,” I said honestly.
“Jasper isn’t like any other guy, I thought the same thing when I was human. Edward was never like any guy I ever met.” She smiled and left.
I looked at myself in the mirror, my face looked horrible. I set my bag on the counter as turned the tap on. I splashed my face trying to make it cooler. I sighed. My head hurt really badly. I went into my bag to find that my pill bottle was empty and I needed more. I groaned and held my head with one hand. I finished up and went back down stairs. It seems nobody left their place or positions.
“No more pills?” Edward asked. I shook my head. “Carlisle wants to examine you,” He said and gestured to Carlisle.
“Come up to my office. Can I ask you, when did you start getting these migraines.” He asked.
“Uhm, when I first moved here.” I said, my voice sounded hoarse. We arrived into his office and he told me to sit on his chair while he took notes. I looked at the door to see that everybody has followed.
“And do you think about bad thoughts when you are around us?” He asked me another question.
“Not really, I mean before I had, but that was the first time.” I said honestly.
“Let me look at your arm, did you feel anything when you collided with your mirror?” He asked as he looked at my arm.
“No it didn’t, but it hurt the day after, but now it is not really bothering me.” I said nervously.
“It’s healing pretty quickly.” He said. “Do you get any senses?” He asked me yet another question, I wanted to leave. I only came here to find out answers.
“Well when people come close to me or do a certain thing, I can feel them doing it. And the day at the funeral, I heard them talking for a while,” I answered. “Oh and I always feel somebody watching me from outside and I can feel somebody in my room but then goes away. Do you think it’s someone bad?” I added. Carlisle looked in back of me.
“It’s nobody bad, you might just be thinking things. Carlisle, do you think she is one?” Edward asked. Carlisle thought for a second.
“She does have some characteristics of one.” He answered truthfully.
“Ok, but when are my migraines going to go away?” I asked wanting an answer.
“Could be in a month, or possible two months longest. It will eventually go away.” He explained. He took out a needle. “I’m just going to take a blood sample, you guys should probably move away. You wouldn’t want any of her blood, if she is a Slayer.” He laughed.
“Why?” Bella asked curiously.
“It’s sort of like poison to us.” He said and with that everyone left.

---
“So, come back by next week and I will have an answer for you. I don't recommend taking your pills,” He explained to me as I sat in their living room eating takeout pizza. It was 8:00 and I was starving.
“What am I going to do then?” I said and I almost said, ‘that’s ok, I have Jasper.’ But they wouldn’t get it and it would really make everything more awkward than it was. I heard Edward chuckle. Crap, I forgot he could read minds.
“What’s funny about that Edward? And you’re just going to have to hold it, I’m sorry.” He said as he glared at Edward. ‘Oh Edward please don't tell them what I just thought before.’
“It wasn’t because of that, it was something somebody thought in this room...Pree.” He told him as he laughed. I felt everyone’s eyes on me.
“What did you think, Pree? Was it about Jasper?” Bella teased. My face got read all over again. I smacked her arm playfully but she winced.
“I’m sorry Bella, I did that playfully I didn’t mean it.” I said shocked.
“It’s alright,” Bella laughed. She then raised her eyebrows up and down and looked at Jasper.
“Stop, I wasn’t thinking about him.” I said trying not to smile.
“Uh huh, I believe you,” She giggled.
“Don't tell your mom your here, say you’re at another friends house.” Edward said quickly, just before my cell phone rang.
“Hello,” I answered. I heard voices in the background.
“Hey, Priyanka, where are you? We have company, are you hungry?” She asked. That would explain the voices.
“Uhm, I'm at a friend’s house studying and I’m not hungry, we just ordered pizza.” I told her. “Who is there?” I added.
“My friends from New York, hey do you need someone to pick you? I can’t because I had a few drinks, maybe Darien can. From New York, he’s got a great car.” My said and I felt her smile.
“Sure, why not. Give me the phone to him.” I said and heard the phone being passed to Darien.
“Hello!” I heard a cheery voice say. I smiled.
“Darien, how are you? You have a car now?” I asked.
“Yep, for my eighteenth birthday, which you missed,” He said faking sadness.
“I’m sorry, one second I need to get the address,” I said as I put the phone down. Jasper told me the address and I think it was unwillingly. I hung up the phone and everyone had their eyes on me.
“Oh my, who is Darien, is he hot, does he like you...?” Bella asked quickly.
“Darien is cute, but no he doesn’t like me, are you crazy.” I laughed. Darien would never like me. He and I are friends. I did like him though once. But he rejected me.
Darien arrived about thirty minutes later. “Hey,” he said and hugged me. I introduced him to my new friends. Jasper didn’t seem to like him, Darien didn’t seem to like him either.
All the time Jasper would look at us he would put an arm around me. “Let’s go,” I said and hugged everyone. I told them I would see them at school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update in a while. I was really busy. I hoped you liked this chapter.