Status: complete :)

Giving In

07

'I am a vampire slayer...'
I get repeating in my head. I sighed and looked around Carlisle's office. He told me to stay in here as he got some medicine for me. I didn't know what it was for though. He did not tell me.
“So, I am going to inject this into to calm your hormones. This will help your violent thoughts.” He smiled and injects the needle into one of my veins on my wrist. “And your mood swings too.” He laughed to himself as he finished up. As a joke to cheer me up, he gave me a red heart lolly pop.
“Thanks, I guess.” I mumbled and walked downstairs.
“Hey Pree, so what’s the news?” Bella asked me and got up from the sofa to look at me.
“Good news, I got a lolly pop. Bad news is, I am a slayer.” I sighed and went to go sit down.
“No kidding,” She says as she walks towards the kitchen. As soon as she's gone, I see Jasper walk in.
“Pree,” He nods as he sits next to me.
I show him my lolly pop as he smiles and shake his head.
“You don't wanna try it?” I asked with a smirk.
He sighs and puts the lolly pop in his mouth. He immediately takes it out and says, “Yuck, Pree that is disgusting.”
I giggled and put it back in mouth and was about to get up as Jasper grabbed me and put me back on the couch and started to tickle me. I started to laugh uncontrollably. I started to yell, “Jasper, stop! Do you want me to choke and die on this lolly pop,” I giggled. I started to realize his face was really close to mine. He slowly took the lolly pop out of my mouth and stared into my eyes. He leaned forward and that’s when I quickly got up. What just happened? Or another way to put, what was about to happen?
“Here,” Jasper says as he hands me back my lolly pop, awkwardly.
“Jasper...” I started.
“Mhm,” He smiles as he walks towards me.
“What happened? Were you going to, um,” I couldn't finish that question. I could feel my cheeks growing hot.
“Nope, I was just kidding around. You know…” Jasper said as he took my hand. “But then again,” he smirks as he kisses the back of my hand. “Maybe I wasn’t kidding around.”
“Jasper…” I whispered. But before my eyes he was gone. I had this weird feeling in my stomach. I wanted Jasper to be serious. I really wanted him to want to kiss me. This all does not make sense. I shouldn’t have pushed him away.
“Yeah, you really shouldn’t have,” Edward said coming out of the kitchen. “But hey, I would be scared to if I were you.” He sat down and motioned me to sit with him.
“Why?” I asked as I took a seat next to him.
“Jasper, well, he is a complex guy. Bella and I don’t really want you with him,” He says as he looks at me straight in the eye. This makes me uncomfortable. We stay there looking at each other. It seems like hours before I say something.
“I don’t know what you’re saying.” I finally said. I really was confused.
“Don’t give me that. Pree, you like him…a lot.”
“No,”
“Yes,”
“I do not.”
“He knows this too, he is just playing with your head.” He gets up quickly and leaves the room.
“You’re still here?” Jasper emerged from the darkness.
What time is it? I looked at my watch, 11:34 pm.
“Uh, I didn’t realize what time it was. I’m going to go home.” I say as I went to open the door.
“Let me walk you,” he smiles. Okay that smile is getting creepy now, ever since Edward talked to me about Jasper. What if he was just saying that to keep me away? I always had that feeling Edward did not like me.
“So, where are your parents?” Jasper asks. This is creepy for real now.
“Visiting a friend,” I squeaked out.
“When are they coming back?”
“Monday,”
“So, you’re alone at home?”
“Yes,” I shuddered.
“What’s wrong, why are you nervous and scared?” He stops walking and looks at me.
“I don’t like the dark,” I lied, “It makes me scared.” I laughed.
“Oh, well in that case, I can stay over tonight to protect you,” He smirks. I didn’t know what to say, so I only nodded. “It’s so beautiful outside, but not as beautiful as you,” I look over and he is still smiling, with the moon shining on his face. It makes him look alluring.
“You really think that, I think I just look…plain,” I shrugged.
He sighs, “Well if you say so.” Then quickly adds, “Hey, do you want to race again, it will be fun and it will sure get you home faster.”
And then I ran.
I didn’t realize, nor did Jasper, realize that there was someone watching me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, so i kinda really don't know where I'm going with this. However, I'm still interested in writing this! Sorry for lack of updates. More to come. :)