Where Have You Been

If I Had Handcuffs

Chelsea had purposely avoided Cole, she didn't want his depression to rub off on her. Which would make them both end up getting drunk and having sex. Definitely not what she needed, she had Rion. Who seemed to care a lot about her,

"How's your friend doing?" Rion asked over breakfast, she had basically moved in with Rion. He basically lived in a mansion, housekeepers and everything.

"I don't know." she said sheepishly.

"Isn't he your best friend?" he smirked at her.

"Yes, but there's a history there that I'd rather not repeat." she sighed not looking up from her eggs.

"You're being silly." he said taking a sip of his orange juice. Chelsea looked up at him. "That's your friend you should be there for him, regardless what has happened in the past." she opened her mouth to speak but he continued to talk.

"I trust you." was all he said as he stood up and placed a kiss on her forehead. Chelsea thought and pondered on his last statement for a few moments then went to her bedroom and started to get dressed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole heard a knock on his door, he didn't care who it was. He wasn't going to answer it. Whoever it was knocked again, and again.

"I know you're in there, your mail is about to explode from your mailbox." he heard Chelsea from the other side. He got up quickly and opened the door, to see her as beautiful as ever. Her hair no longer brown but it's original color, honey blonde.

"Hi." was all that came from his mouth.

"I know you must hate me, but I'm here now." she smiled sadly.

"I could never hate you." he said still standing there looking at other little things she had changed.

"Are you going to let me in then?" she chuckled a little. He then realized that he had been standing there staring like an idiot. He quickly opened the door the rest of the way, he also noticed the bags she had in her hands. Groceries,

"What's in the bags?" he sniffed around.

"I figured you've been to depressed to cook yourself a decent meal. So I decided to make you one." she smiled as she headed to his kitchen. Which was clean considering he really hadn't been eating at all.

"Thanks."

"It's a dish Rion showed me," Cole's heart instantly sunk.

"So he sent you over here?" He probably felt bad for him, since he had technically taken the love of his life from him.

"Not really, but he trusts me." Chelsea seemed to always read Cole's mind.

"Meaning?"

"Cole, you're my friend. My closest friend, that's all. I love, and loved you. I can't be what you want me to be now."

"You could, you just won't." he sighed running his hands through his hair.

"I am in love with Rion." Chelsea said making Cole's heart do what it did on his failed wedding day.

"Then you shouldn't be here." Cole snapped.

"Cole that's not fair-"

"It's not fair that I'm the one in pain, and you throw your successful relationship in my face." he said seeing hurt in her eyes.

"Would you rather me throw our unsuccessful relationship in your face?" she spat out cutting him deep. He didn't understand why he couldn't just be happy for his friend, when he was the one who had hurt her the most.

He watched as she turned to leave, he wanted to stop her. But knew it would be futile.

"Look I'm sorry, I-"

"No, it's fine Cole, you're still pissed off at Carly. Call me when you've taken out your frustrations out on someone else." She grabbed her purse, and walked out the door. Letting it slam, as if to knock him back into reality. He'd probably just lost his only true friend. One that would take his abuse, hurtful words, soft words, seduction, and still be there in the morning.

And he had no clue how to get her back.