Where Have You Been

This It Not A Test

Cole watched as Carly strode towards him, he did notice she looked as though she gained a little weight. And it was only in her midriff, he sighed hoping with all his heart that this supposed baby didn't belong to him.

"Hello." she mumbled.

"Shall we?" Cole asked as he opened the door to clinic for her.

"Cole, do we really-" he stopped her by giving her a cold stare.

"I'm trying to be cordial considering the circumstances and all. Please don't make it even more difficult." Carly gave him a surprised look.

"Besides, I've already given my DNA, this is going to get done."

"Appointment for Carly Simmons." Cole said to the receptionist sweetly, she then handed him a clip board with directions for Carly.

"The nurse will call you back shortly." The nurse smiled back. They went and sat in the waiting area. Cole watched as Carly seemed to struggle with remembering when her last period was, and her last time she'd had sex. Cole decided to make it a little easier on her by moving away to where he couldn't see her responses. He moved across the room to where an older woman was sitting.

"She's a little nervous." he said to the woman.

"You the father?"

"No, I'm her brother. But we're trying to make sure the lowlife she was with takes responsibility for his actions." he said sternly but still had a smirk on his face. Carly looked up from the clip board then, he could tell she was glaring from the corner of his eye.

"My sister has the same problem, she's in there giving her DNA to make sure as well."

"It's a sad day when a man has to take a test just so he'll accept a child as his own product." Cole said in mock disappointment. The woman of course had no clue he was doing this to irritate Carly, so she kept going.

"Well, I suppose of some women weren't so loose with their goods. Some men wouldn't have to think that way." Cole tried his best to hold back his amusement, but it was hard as he watched Carly stomp up to the receptionist with her clip board.

"I agree completely. I'm going to go back to my dear sister, hopefully this whole ordeal will go away soon. And I hope the same for your sister as well." he smiled at the woman, she smiled back but glanced at Carly with judgment.

"You hate me that much?" Carly asked as he sat down next to her once again.

"Hate is such a strong word." he stated still trying to control his laughter.

"Carly?" a nurse called from the back hallway. Carly got up and walked towards the where the nurse was quickly. Cole followed continuing to try and keep his laughter under control.
-----------------------------------

"So you basically tortured the woman?" Tori asked as they were walking into a restaurant to meet Chelsea and Rion.

"I guess so, it will probably be worse when the test results come back."

"Wow Cole, never thought you had it in you to torture anyone else but Chelsea." she said with a smirk, making Cole's vanish.

"Hey guys!" Rion smiled and stood up to pull out Tori's chair.

"Why thank you." she said sitting down.

"Chelsea will be along in a minute, you know how those pregnant women are." he chuckled.

"Yeah I do." Cole smirked.

"How's that going anyway?" Rion asked.

"Well, we took the te-" Cole was cut off by his phone ringing. "Excuse me." he said getting up to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Cole Fagin?"

"Yes."

"This is the San Francisco clinic, we called to let you know about your paternity test results."

"Alright."

"You tested negative as the father for Carly Simmons's child." the nurse said. Cole felt an extreme feeling of satisfaction.

"Thank you very much. Have a great day!" Cole couldn't hide satisfaction as he got back to the table where Chelsea had returned as well.

"Who was that?" Tori asked.

"The doctors." Cole grinned.

"And?" all 3 of them asked.

"Carly is once and for all out of my life!" Cole almost shouted.

"Wow." all 3 said again.

"I mean, I knew I would feel relief. But I didn't think it would feel this good." Cole smiled as the waitress came to take his drink order.

"I'll have a mojito."

"Isn't it a bit early in the day to be drinking?" Chelsea asked while sipping on her cranberry juice.

"I'm not drinking, I'm celebrating." Cole grinned at all 3 of them as his drink was brought back to him. Rion grinned trying to hold in his amusement,Tori ordered a mojito for herself. Chelsea shook her head, but gave him a look of understanding. Cole could tell she was just as happy as he was that Carly no longer had a hold over him.
-----------------------------------

"I'm freeeeeee!" Cole sang in a high pitch voice while leaving the bar.

"Cole, quiet down." Tori muttered as she tried to grab him before he stumbled into the street.

"Why? Thissss hasss been a f-f-fantasssstic day for me."

"I know." It was now 11:00 at night, Cole had been drinking since 11:00 that morning.

"But we need to get you home so you can work tomorrow without a hangover." She said keeping him steady.

"Tori dear, you have to be drunk to have a hang over. I am most certainly not drunk, and I am hungry." Cole slurred, proving her point even further.

"Ok, let's get to Waffle House then."

"Hashbrownssss!" he screeched as they attempted to walk down the street to the diner. Cole didn't recall having that many drinks to make him like this. Be he also didn't care, nothing could bring down his mood. Ever since he got that call about not being the father of Carly's baby. At least he could say tomorrow that he paced himself, or maybe not. They walked into the diner and Tori made a sound that resembled a hiss. Or maybe it was a word. Shit. That's what she said, but he wasn't sure, so he asked.

"Why did you say shit?" Cole said looking at Tori, and saw the direction of where she was staring. Carly was sitting with a man, this made Cole laugh. It was probably someone she had slept with while they were still together. And she's trying to figure out who else she could pin the baby on.

"I should go save him." Cole declared, feeling as though he sobered some.

"Save him from what Cole?" Tori asked trying to pull him into the booth with her.

"From being trapped with that whore forever. I got free, so can he." Cole grinned, Tori just rolled her eyes as the waitress came. She couldn't stop Cole though, he was going to save that man.

"I'll have a water." Cole said as he stood back up and went over to where they were sitting. He somewhat over heard their conversation as he got closer. He heard that she was explaining how she was pregnant, and that was enough for him to intervene.

"Excuse me." Cole said trying to seem sober.

"Cole?"

"Hello?"

"Cole!" Tori called from behind him, he waved her away.

"Yes, I would just like to warn you sir about this woman." he tried not to slur.

"Cole you're drunk, go sit down." Carly said quietly.

"Nope!"

"Who is this guy?" her male friend asked looking amused.

"She is a deceiver! Don't ask her to marry you, because she'll cheat on you. She probably cheated on me with you. She also tried to make me the father of her child. But I took a test to make sure she was right, considering the circumstances. And I'm not the father!" Cole's voice got a little louder.

"You thought he was the father?" the guy asked.

"I-"

"Well we were together for a long time, and were engaged. Also! I found her cheating on me with another man on our wedding day! That is why I came to warn you man! Don't make the same mistake I did!" At this point Tori was pulling him away and shoving him into the booth.

"Cole, sometimes I really hate you and even though you're piss drunk. I love you for that." They watched as the guy stormed out of the diner, with Carly following behind. Glancing back to give Cole a nasty look.

"Well, my job is done there." Cole said with a grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is taking so long.