Where Have You Been

Head In The Sand

Chelsea and Tori sat in the park silently eating their lunch. Chelsea noticed that Tori hadn't eaten her sandwich, and was only picking at her fries.

"Ok, out with it." Chelsea sighed.

"What?" Tori looked up surprised.

"What's bothering you?"

"Nothing."

"You haven't even touched your philly." Chelsea gestured to her own half eaten sandwich.

"I'm just not that hungry." she sighed.

"I refuse to let you stay in a house with me and you're not going to tell me what's wrong. I've known you too long Tori-"

"When was the last time you talked to Cole?"

"Um why does that matter?"

"I saw him yesterday. Carly called the wedding off." Tori sighed.

"What?"

"I'm sure he was going to call you. But he was pretty broken up about it."

"Well that's good."

"Chelsea!"

"No, I don't mean it like ha ha. I mean it like well that's good, so it proves that we can move on with our lives."

"You and Col-"

"No-well yes."

"Illustrate."

"I was trying to help him move on by moving on. And I basically have, and since he's so broken up about her calling off the wedding. It technically proves that he's...moved on too...I hope." Chelsea said taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"No, Chelsea, it doesn't. Not if the reason Carly called off the wedding was because of you." Tori said taking a bite as well.

"Well I find that hard to belie-"

"Just tell me one thing." Carly out of nowhere appeared with a rather frustrated look on her face.

"Ok?" Chelsea said around her food.

"Have you slept with Cole?"

"Well, that's a stupid question." Chelsea said sipping on her water.

"No, I mean since our engagement." she sighed, on the verge of tears.

"Carly, I would find it very hard to plan a wedding if I were still be used as a mistress by the groom-to-be."

"You're serious, and you have no feelings for Cole?"

"That's something that would make planning your wedding very hard to do as well." Chelsea said her face calm and sure.

"I feel so bad now, did Cole already call you? I'm sure you hate me for doing that to your best friend." Carly started to ramble in between sobs.

"Carly, just go talk to him." Tori said smiled reassuringly.

"He hates me,"

"No I don't." Cole said seeming to do as Carly had a few minutes earlier and appear out of nowhere.

Chelsea and Tori eased themselves from their perch to let them realize that they were meant to be together.

"I'm glad you moved on, I don't know if you'd be able to take that." Tori said as they walked away.

"I probably could, it's just nice to have a distraction." she smiled as her phone started to ring. Tori rolled her eyes knowing exactly who it was calling her friend.