This Side of Fantasy

The Will

He snarled, causing my heart to speed up. A scream made it’s way to my lips at the same time… my eyes flew open to the sound of glass shattering. “Shoot.” I muttered looking down at the glass on the floor. Great lets recap, it’s not raining so I did think about a walk but I hadn’t got any more than a step with the vase.

I sighed, heading to the closet to get a mop. Stupid waking dreams, made me want to scream. I grabbed the trash can and began throwing the pieces away. I shut my eyes against the sudden tears, that accompanied the pain in my palm. “Damn.” I muttered, looking down at the shard of glass sticking out of my palm. “That’s going to hurt.” I said to myself.

Ignoring the mess I grabbed my coat with my good hand and a scarf before going out and getting into my car. I blared the music, which was playing Angel by Natasha Bedingfield.
Then placing the scarf under my hand I grabbed the shard and pulled it free from my hand with a painful scream as I crumpled forward. I tossed the glass, and began rapping the scar around my bleeding hand.

The emergency room wasn’t busy, why should it be in the safe town I was staying in?

“What can I do for you?” The receptionist asked.

“Stitches.” I said holding up my hand.

“Oh my. Come with me…”

“Lilly.” I said

She hustled her way back to a long line of beds and curtains. “Sit right there Lilly, I’ll go get Dr. Cullen.” she mumbled, hurrying off to find the doctor I presumed.

I closed my eyes, while unwrapping the scarf. My palm was a mess; that was for sure.

“How’d you manage that?” I heard a deep musical voice ask. My eyes sprung open to see a beautiful young doctor, with blond hair and the most gorgeous golden eyes.

“I… um… well I was cleaning up a broken vase and a shard decided to lodge itself into my hand.”

“It’s not there now.” he mumbled to himself.

“No I pulled it out. Can you just stitch it so I can go?” I asked with my most pleading smile.

“Sure.” he returned the smile, leaving and returning with the things needed to clean and stitch my palm. “Be more careful from now on.” he said as he finished up.

“Thanks Dr. Cullen.” I said hopping off the bed.

“No problem. Call me Carlisle.” he said while shaking my good right hand.

“Lilly.” I said with a giddy smile. “It was a pleasure to meet you Carlisle.” I called over my shoulder as I headed back out into the lobby to fill out papers and such.

I was used to hospital visits, bad things tended to follow me around no matter where I ventured. I still had a mess to clean up in the kitchen, something I didn’t feel like doing right now. I looked to the woods on my right side, to take a walk this time or not?

“The truth is hiding in your eyes and its hanging on your tongue just boiling in my blood but-”

“Hello?” I asked upon answering my cell.

“Miss Claymont?” asked a male voice.

“You’re talking to her.”

“We’ve figured out your aunts will.” he responded. “Are you free to come meet me?”

“Yes sir, I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Very well then.” he replied before hanging up. No walk for me. Pulling out I made my way to the law building across town.

++++++++

“Miss Claymont, glad you could get here so quickly, please right this way.” said the man in the business suit, who’s name I could not recall.

“So you said you figured it out?” I asked hopeful as I sat down at a table.

“Yes I have. I’m sorry for your loss, and I’m sorry to have taken you’re-”

“To the point please?” I asked.

“Um OK.” Ha! I’d shocked him. “Here, she left it all to you.” he said handing me a letter.

Dear Lilianna,

I know we have not been close, but if you are reading this letter then I’m dead, obviously. (laughing) You’re mother, was something else, as was I. I’m sure things are happening to you that are unexplainable. This is not the end of it only the beginning. You needn’t worry, your prince charming isn’t normal either, but you’ll fall for him none the less. Then you’ll run away, find yourself and return to him, don’t worry I know. But that’s not everything I need to say. I wish I could have gotten to know you more, well in person that is.

So what I have left you, and I apologize for the nincompoops who take to long to do everything. Anyhow, I am leaving you my niece Lilianna Claymont, my estate in Portland Oregon, my money, which comes to the sum of a little over three million in my bank account, and anything I owned. Also you might be happy to know that I have a car for you as well, so that rental one can be returned, though get the glass off the floor. It’s an Audi r8 I have it stored in a building across town. Please be careful with it.

Finally I am done, be safe, it might be hard, just try. I love you.

Aunt Rosabel


My mouth was flapping open like a fish. “I… I… Its all mine?” I asked looking at the lawyer.

“Yes Miss Claymont it is. Would you like me to call a cab for you? We’ll have someone take the rental back for you, your aunt had it pre paid. Shocking woman I must say.” I nodded.

“Yes please call me a cab.”

++++++++

The cab took me across town to a storage building where the owner led me down rows and rows of building till we were at my aunt’s block. “Here we are.” she said in a chipper voice, moving to unlock the large door. “Do you know what she left in here?” she asked looking back at me.

“Yes I do.” and my eyes widened at the beauty of the car. “My God.” I whispered.

“Wow.” she responded.

Going around I found the door unlocked, keys in the glove box. “Do I owe you anything?” I asked over the top of the car.

“N-n-no ma’am.” she stuttered.

“Bye then.” I said sliding behind the wheel and starting the engine. Backing carefully out was the extent of my carefulness, as I floored it and burnt down the pavement of the storage facility before speeding back to the house. Wait till Sara hears about this. Hot doctor, instant millionaire, wonderful house in the forest, nice car, did I mention hot doctor? I laughed to myself as I turned onto my road, I liked the sound of that my road. Finally, something belonged to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha-ha threw you for a loop there! Don't worry Edward's coming in soon, after all we've found Carlisle.

Special thanks to:
Alicecasm
for the comment. Comments make me happy, the more comments you all give the faster I'll update for you. So comment away!

~Sabrina