Diaries of a Nine-year Old

Chapter 1

I always wondered if everyone grew up thinking like I did. I always thought I was special; like god had a purpose for me, and like I'm different from everyone else. I always thought myself closer to him than everyone else. Soon that thought turned into fear; fear of becoming just another person, and becoming typical. I disagreed with everything that's typical, feared it, and refused to believe it; even teenage hormones. Now that I think about it, it was like I was defying what God really made me; just another human being. I had to face it; I failed myself, but did I fail him?

I was on my way back from work walking as fast as I could to get away from the cold. I pulled my jacket tightly around myself and crossed my arms smiling at my cold breath. It was those little things that made me happy. I closed both my eyes and took in one cold, deep, sharp breath when something rammed into me; I jolted a little to my side, but that something grabbed a hold of my thigh.

"Miss, help!" the little thing pleaded. I was looking down at him as he tugged on my skirt. "Please!" his voice sounded urgent. I reached out and held his tugging hands as I knelt down to his level.

"What's wrong?"

"It's my sister! She's hurt, and she's not moving!" His eyes glimmered with tears, the biggest, most innocent, mesmerizing, brown eyes.

"Where is she?"

"In there." He pointed over to the dark alley, tears streaming down his chubby cheeks.

"Are you hurt?" I let go of his arm and reached for his face. He flinched letting out a tiny gasp sound. I paused and looked at him skeptically.

"Are you ok?" I asked blinking a couple of times.

"Yeah…" he gulped as more tears fell down his cheeks. My gaze softened. "Please, we have to hurry!" he grabbed my hand and pulled on it. I followed him into the dark alley as I tried to reach for my phone. We'd made two turns into the alley before I finally found my phone, but at the speed the kid was pulling me it was practically impossible for me to dial any numbers without tripping and falling with these heals. He finally slowed down, and a beam of light that escaped an open slide-door a few feet away came clear to me. I looked around me and behind me, the dark making a sense of paranoia creep inside of me. I'd managed to dial the number 9 on my cell phone by the time I reached the sliding-door. I took a halt and looked ahead of me to see the shape of a little girl in a small dress lying down in the middle of what looked like an unused, old warehouse. He let go of my hand and ran over to the little girl kneeling down to her side.

"Hurry…" his looked up at me desperately. I looked to both my sides cautiously before I ran over to them, and kneeled to the girls other side. She had a clear bruise across her right cheek and couple on her arms, but she looked asleep.

"Honey, can you hear me?" I snapped my fingers in front of her face, but there was no response. I checked her breathing but it was fine. I looked at my phone again and finished dialing 911, it hadn't started ringing yet when I looked at the little boy and asked him where his parents were. He gulped, and got off his knees.

"Sweetie, where are your parents?" I asked him more urgently now. He backed away from me, and shook his head in fear.

"What_" my words were cut off by the feeling of a tap on my shoulder.

"Right here, sweetie." An unfamiliar masculine voice whispered in my left ear making every hair in my body rise. I froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it, I'll update soon, I promise!