Diaries of a Nine-year Old

Chapter 6

"Tell me David, is this whore worth it?" He noticed my expression. His face pleaded, but I'd lost my patience for her. I pushed him off of me.

"Why don’t you just go back to drinking you useless bitch?" she looked like I'd slapped her.

"My daughter?" she looked at him in disbelief as though she was going to throw up.

"I'm not your daughter; you lost me a long time ago." I looked at her hatefully.

"My daughter, you son of a bitch?" she yelled ignoring me.

"Lilly…" He said her name with unease, but he grew silent. I couldn't understand why.

"I said I'm not your fucking daughter!" I screamed.

"Mimi!" His voice was loud and impatient. "Get out." I didn’t say anything. I just wrapped the sheets around me and left. On my way out, I looked her up and down in despise, she stared back in disbelief.

I got dressed in my room and listened to the two of them yell at each other. Dad begged, she yelled. Dad apologized, she screamed hysterically. They shuffled all around the house for minutes. Eventually I heard a slam of a door, the rattling of keys, and then one pair of footsteps followed by a desperate bang on the door.

"Lilly, please." I heard my dad's muffled, desperate voice between the banging.

I opened my door slightly and tried to listen to what was going on. My mom was shuffling in the kitchen; she dialed three numbers on the speaker-mode phone.

"911 what's your emergency?" I heard the sound of the phone, and suddenly I realized what was going on. I ran outside to the living room and disconnected the phone wire.

"Hello?" I heard her voice say. I ran into my Dad's room and looked around in panic. I opened all of his drawers and threw everything out. Finally, third drawer from the bottom-left under his pants I found it. I grabbed it not realizing how heavy it was. Dad would get mad at me, but this was important. I had to do something; I didn’t want to lose him. I ran out of the room and she was in the living room plugging the phone wire back into the wall, she turned around with no balance. I raised both my arms up to her face level, the heavy gun shook between my hands.

"Mimi?" she looked at me wide-eyed. I stared back at her with hate.

"Mimi… you wouldn't…" her eyes glimmered with fear, mine with despise.

"Mimi, honey… put the gun down… please…"she begged. I felt weak.

"Why do you have to ruin everything?" I cried.

"Mimi, just put the gun down, and let's talk about this."

"No!" I yelled, and she flinched. "You had your chance with him! You ruined it! For years I took care of him! I made him happy, while you drank yourself into misery!" I sobbed.

"…years?" she asks in shock "Mimi…What has he done to you?" she looked at me with a mixture of feelings in her face. Anger, worry, fear, and the rest I didn’t know.

"Love me." I grew silent "Something you couldn’t do." I said hatefully.

"Mimi I do love you… he doesn’t love you…he's_"

"Shut up!" I screamed cutting her words off.

"Mimi, he was just using you!" she screamed back.

"I said: Shut the fuck up!" I waved the gun at her threateningly.

"Mimi?" Dad banged on the door.

"Mimi put the gun down." Her voice shook.

"Mimi!" Dad banged harder on the door; I looked towards it, and before I knew it Mom had pushed me hard against the wall her hands on the gun which was trapped between me and her. She was heavy, but too drunk to be strong. I tried to pull the gun out of her hand forgetting my finger on the trigger. It went off, the loudest bang I'd ever heard in my life; the one that'll echo through my lifetime.

I looked up at her face, her mouth hanging open, her grip letting loose of the gun; she backed away with her hands clutched to her stomach.

"Mimi!" Dad was shouting from behind the door.

"Mi…" Mom tried to say my name, but she couldn’t. I looked at the gun horrifically. She fell back on the ground, the back of her head slamming on the edge of the table in the middle of the living room, she immediately passed out.

Dad banged harder on the door. I was shaking, I killed my mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, You guys please leave a comment, it really does help...