Shade

Sun

"You're so inconsiderate." She complained, her voice trailing into a whine.

He let a second-lived chuckle slip past, and crossed his arms, head tipped back.

"Please?"

"No."

"I'll tell Mom."

"Go do that. She'll blame you for being irresponsible."

There was a quick silence as she allowed herself to pout.

"Which you are," he added with a smirk.

"You're the worst brother ever."

"Thanks, I'm honored."

A cross between a wail and a growl emanated from her, akin to the sound a grieving lion might make if hyenas stole away his half-finished carcass.

"You're already seen one, twice! I never have!"

"Because you're irresponsible."

"This is my only chance!"

He glanced at her with an air of calm disinterest.

"You planning on dying anytime soon?"

"PLEASE?" She nearly yelled in desperation, as the sky began to darken, exciting the crowds.

He sighed, leaving her hanging, then slowly bowed his head to drop his sunglasses into a waiting palm. He handed it to her, a slight shrug accompanying the gesture.

"Thank you!" She screamed in delight, throwing his arms around him.

"You're the best brother ever!"

His replying grin was teasing. "Aren't you a contradictory one."

"I swear, I'm gonna bring my own next time. I was so sure I had it in my bag..." She rummaged around in her purse for emphasis.

He took them from her hands and placed them top her nose.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. If there's even a next time." She sticks her tongue out, and he does it in return.

"Now, shut up and pay attention.

"You might miss the eclipse."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review.