I'll Justify My Reasons With Your Blood

Love Game

Image

It felt incredibly wrong to be getting all dressed up and planning a night out, knowing that Nikki is locked away somewhere with one of the worst and deadliest vampires in the world. But there was nothing else I could do.

If my parents knew what had happened, they won’t trust me with the throne and then Shadows could easily sneak his way in some how. I need to find a girl to marry, turn her into a vampire, then save Nikki…all before this Friday.

Now, finding a girl who would be attracted to me, that wouldn’t be a problem at all…it’s the whole having to marry them right after meeting them and turning them into the living dead that I’m worried about. A lot of girls wouldn’t be able to handle that much of a change in their lives, especially right after meeting a stranger.

Regardless, I’m going to be very busy within the next 48 hours. Good thing I’m immortal, otherwise I’d be needing a nap right about now. Shannon and the others stayed back at the house, in case they made some sort of break through. Although, honestly, I didn’t really see much happening during my absense; if Shadows didn’t let Nikki go before, why would he now?

I left the house just as the sun was beginning to set behind the hills in the distance. Everyone knows the best time to be out is night time. The city was full of life…and single women. The first girl I approached was walking a small dog through the park. She was wearing a tight fitting black running suit and had her blonde hair pulled back in a pony tail. She caught my stare and smiled toward me, which I took as an invitation.

“I couldn’t help but notice what a nice dog you have,” I said as I approached her.

She blushed, “Aw, thanks. He’s a real sweetie, and only a couple months old too!”

Eventually, that led to us talking about each other and our lives. Within an hour, I felt really comfortable around Stephanie and decided to go out on a limb…but she cut me off. “I really like you, Jared. Kiss me!” she exclaimed, closing her eyes and leaning forward.

“Uh…Stephanie…I’m a vampire,” I spat out.

Her eyes immediately opened and she glared at me. “Oh, great are you telling me that I just wasted all that time with some creep!” she shrieked.

“I’m not joking. But since I didn’t get the reaction I needed, then I guess it was you who was a waste of time,” I sighed turning and leaving her with her jaw dropped wide open. This was going to be really hard…it was already 10 PM.

My next attempt occurred at an Italian restaurant right down the street from the park with a waitress named Jenna. Her shift ended just as she placed my receipt on

the table. Our hands touched as I went to grab the paper and we both shared a smile. The next thing I know, we’re making out in her Jeep when, out of breath, I ask, “Will you marry me?”

Then she waved her left hand in front of my face and smirked, “Been there, done that.” Wow, how did I not notice that before?

Needless to say, but 1 AM…I had “been there, done that” with Stephanie, Jenna, Ally, Megan, Britney, Lindsey, Teresa, and Alicia. This was just hopeless. Why don’t any girls want some commitment/eternal life? Incredibly disappointed, I walked down the barren city street, just staring at the ground.

As I was walking past an apartment complex, my super hearing picked up a strange sound coming from the roof of the building…it sounded like…someone’s heart beating ridiculously fast. I glanced up at the roof and saw a girl slowly starting to lose her balance. I sped up to the roof and nearly scared her off the edge.

“W-where did you come from?” she asked, her pale face covered in trails of black mascara from crying.

“I took the stairs,” I answered quickly, “what are you doing?”

“What does it look like?” she asked sadly, turning back to face the street so far down below her.

“Just step down from there, whatever you’re planning…it’s not worth it.”

She faced me again, showing more of her face…and that’s when I saw it. Her neck was covered in blood, leaking from two gaping holes. Her wrists were also slit and some blood remained dried on her lips. She has just been turned into a vampire.

“My life was taken from me and this new one was forced upon me. I need to die.”

“You’re immortal…I should know, I am too,” I said, walking closer to her, “no matter what you do, you probably won’t die.”

“Then I’ll just keep jumping until I do. This is number 3 already.”

“Do you want to die that badly?”

“Of course I do. This isn’t the life that I wanted! I had everything planned out and now I have nothing.”

“I bet I could prove you wrong,” I told her, slowly taking her hand in mine. “I’m Jared.”

Hesitantly, she stepped off the ledge and eyed me suspiciously. “Lillian.”

I smiled a little, “Nice to meet you. Now, allow me to change your mind. What is so bad, in your mind, about being a vampire?”

“I’ll lose my friends and family once they find out what I am. I’ll have to kill innocent people. No one deserves any of that,” she said.

“This might sound harsh, but if you do lose them, then you can meet new people. Besides, if they’re not immortal as well…they’ll…die eventually. You can’t stop that. And as for killing humans, that’s illegal in the vampire world. Also, there will be even stricter enforcements soon enough.”

“How would you know that?”

“In less than a day, I’ll be crowned King of Vampires…”

She gasped, “Are you serious? That’s so awesome! Why do you sound so down about it?”

“Because it’s not going to happen unless I find a girl who would want to marry me.”

“Why would anyone say no to you?” she laughed, almost sounding shocked.

“Who knows?” Then an idea popped in my head. “Let’s find out. Lillian, will you marry me?” I asked, smirking as I got on one knee and pulled out the traditional wedding ring, passed down from generation to generation.

Her eyes widened as she stared at the ring, the shock setting in. “D-do you mean that?”

I shrugged, “Why wouldn’t I?”

She wrapped her hands around mine and smiled as she wiped her eyes dry. “O-of course Jared, I’ll marry you. This might just be exactly what I need to get used to all of this,” she said happily.

I grinned uncontrollably. I couldn’t get over how convenient this was…it was almost too good to even be real.

*Shadows’ POV*

“He’s left the house,” Zacky reported from the surveillance room.

“Keep the Rev and Johnny on his tracks,” I ordered as Zacky left the room to pass on the word.

“I see phase 1 is already in action,” Syn noted as he slouched down into one of the nearby armchairs, sipping a wine glass filled to the brim with blood.

I nodded, “That it is. And the best part is that I’m sure Jared has no fucking clue that we’re already a few steps ahead of him. It’s like he’s practically welcoming us to the throne with open arms.”

“All the more reason why he’s so unsuitable for the position. But this reminds me, what are we going to do with his human sister?”

“I’m not quite sure yet…we could either keep her here as she is or involve her in this little scheme.”

“I’d say we should include her…otherwise if she stays locked up here, she’ll die eventually. She is a pathetic human after all.”

I paused for a moment as I reviewed some scenarios in my head. Finally, something crossed my mind. “Syn, are you familiar with the rule regarding turning humans to vampires?”

“Isn’t it something along the lines of the newly turned vampire is automatically a member of the creator’s clan and is subordinate and obedient to the creator?” he smirked.

“That’s correct, my friend. I wonder how Jared will feel once his precious little sister isn’t even a member of his family anymore,” I grinned.

A sharp noise coming from behind me caught my attention as I immediately stood up and glanced over my shoulder to find the door opening slightly and seeing a very wide, frightened eye staring back at me.

“Looks like we’ve got ourselves a spy,” I smiled, allowing my fangs to show as I advanced toward the door with murderous intent.
♠ ♠ ♠
in the next chapter: shadows attacks an already weakened Nikki and prepares the gang for the big day, jared is obsessed with his new bride, while Shannon feels a suspicious vibe.

5+ comments please, sorry for the wait!