Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Can't Get Away From You

“Gerard, fuck off,” I spat through clenched teeth.
“Fucking make me!”
“Maybe I will!”
“Yeah…right,” he said, laughing.

I stormed off with my fists in tight balls and my fury had been ignited. It was like a caged animal, clinking its wretched paws against the icy metal bars, pacing viciously back and forth.
I swear, he’s got it coming to him. If he keeps taunting me and making wise cracks about me, he’s going to have his teeth embedded into the back of his throat.
Our small families being next door neighbors and the best of friends didn’t help matters much. They always threw parties and shit and that dickwad had nobody else that was relatively our age to pick on. So I was the lucky winner who was always taunted and teased by Gerard Way.

Occasionally, it was fun making jokes on each other. Other times, however, it got out of hand. One time, I actually started physically beating the shit out of him. I refused to get off of him until I got him to try and do something about it. It had gotten so bad that Mikey and Frankie had to pull me back.
I loved those two. I was a bit older then them, but you really couldn’t tell. You might have thought Mikey was older then I was. I’m about Mikey’s height…but I could be more closely compared to Frankie. I was maybe a few inches below Gerard. Anyway, I had grown extremely close to them as well as them to me. I could tell them anything and everything.

I furiously pulled back my short black hair into a stubby ponytail. My soft black hair was barely long enough to fit in a ponytail. Many reddish burgundy strands of my hair fell into my face, but I didn’t care.
I crossly stormed into my house and took long strides towards the stairs. I carelessly hopped down them and shut my door behind me.

“Brianna!”
“Yeah?”
“The Ways are coming over for a barbecue tonight, so straighten up!”
“What? Why?” I asked, mentally shooting myself in the face.
“Because we invited them! Now hop to it!”

I growled as I kicked a few tossed shirts off the floor in utter rage. I flopped on my comfortable bed, face down.
Why tonight? I’ve already had enough of Gerard Way today.

I grabbed the dirty laundry on the floor and sketchily threw them in the basket hiding in the corner. I took all the loose belongings on the dresser and shoved them in a random drawer. I placed all my art supplies and recent sketches by my small guitar amp and closed the closet door because that was just a mess in itself.

Good enough for me.

After those thirteen minutes of cleaning up, I plopped back onto my bed and stared at the band posters that littered my olive green walls. My Green Day poster and Social Distortion posters were the best ones. I had clippings from magazines about my favorite bands scattered all over my walls as well as pieces of art that I myself had concocted. If you walked into my room without knowing me, even though you wouldn’t because technically you’d be breaking and entering, you’d learn a bit about me.

It was pretty cool in my room considering it was another June in Jersey. Even though I was in the basement, it always managed to be disgustingly hot everywhere in the house.
Another ten minutes rushed by when a harsh knocking nearly broke down the door.

“What the hell? You’re knocking on a wooden door, not the side of a goddamn ship! I can hear you, god…” I stated as I put my head face first back into the crimson red pillowcase.
The metal knob creaked as it was turned and the old hinges squealed as the door opened.

“That’s quite rude, you reject all of your guests like that?”
“No, just you, Gerard,” I stiffly replied.
I hadn’t looked up yet and I really had no intention of doing so, either.

“Are you going to stay there and ignore me all night?”
“That doesn’t sound so bad.”
“Where are your manners? Did they run away with your good looks?”
I turned and laid on my back.
“Nope, they ran away with your sense of humor.”
“Funny.”
“Just like your face.”

He smirked before he got up. He sat down by my scattered art supplies and absentmindedly flipped through the covered pages of my old sketchbook. My blood began to bubble. Who the hell does he think he is?

“Yeah, did I give you permission to look at that?”
“No,” he simply replied, still flicking the pages back.
“So put it away,” I said, anger hinting around my voice.
“In the garbage? Cause that’s where they belong,” he sighed, dropping my favorite sketchbook to the carpeted floor.

“Fuck you.”
“You wish.”
“Dream on, kid.”
There was a glint in his hazel eyes.
“Why do you call me kid, when you know I’m older than you are?”
I glared back at him, ”Because you act like a ten year old instead of a seventeen year old.”
He always had to start with me, always. Picking apart my words and chucking what he didn’t like back at me. This, unfortunately, went on for hours.
He scowled at me and opened his mouth to reply when,
“Gerard! Brianna! Dinner!”

He looked at the door and whipped his head around to face me again.
“You got lucky,” he tutted.
“What a threat,” I replied, rolling my hazel eyes in remark to his lame excuse.

He got up and grasped the door handle in his palm but wouldn’t budge.
“Go?” I asked him in annoyance.
“Make me.”
“Do you really want a foot up your ass?”
“Like you’d try,” he scoffed.
“Just open the damn door or I will,” I answered.
“Say please,” he replied teasingly, his hand still on the doorknob and his head turned to the side and was looking down as if trying to get a glimpse of me. His whole entire body was still blocking the door. He was well toned, even if I hated to admit it and there was no way I was able to get around him and he knew it.

“I swear to God…just open the door!”
“Say it then, Princess.”

I instantly recoiled at the name. My older brother used to call me that, it was his nickname for me. It was our little inside joke before he was gone. He was only twenty when he died. He had a brain tumor on the left side of his head that was discovered too late and his case had turned terminal. I lost him when I was about ten or eleven. Just hearing that name brought up so much, Gerard didn’t understand what that name did to me.

I lowered my head and murmured in slow tone, ”Please.”

“There, was that so hard?” He snickered as he opened the door and faced me.

I turned my face. I wasn’t about to let Gerard Way see me vulnerable. When that day came, Hell would freeze over and become Candy Land. Too bad his eyes were quicker than I expected.

“What?” He asked in a pissed off tone.
“Nothing, just go,” I said. As I nodded my head at the door, my eyes were trapped into his.

They softened and he wore a confused expression upon his face as he slowly started up the stairs. I reluctantly followed with my eyes tracing his footsteps.

[a/n please comment if you read, if you want me to continue, I suggest you comment. Tell me what ya think! If you have any suggestions then..suggest them please.]