Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

What's Your Wager?

"Hey Bri, this is Mackenzee. 'Sit cool she comes?" Poot asked.
She was pretty...understatement..she was extremely pretty.
She had shoulder length blue, yeah you read that right..blue, hair, grassy green eyes, a skinny face, and was wearing a killer Clash tee.

"Hey, yeah sure. Nice to meet you." I said as I stuck out my hand. She beamed and took it and replied," Same to you. Oh, by the way, my friends call me Mac."
"Guys! Come on....they're here!" I shouted to the house.

Within a minute, Mikey and Frankie came down the stairs while Gerard appeared from the living room.
"Hey..sweet hair," said Mikey.
"Guys, this is Mac. Mac, that's Mikey, the goof-ball over here is Frankie, and that's Gerard."
"Ha, thanks Mikey."
"Hey you did your hair too," stated Logan, looking over at me.
"Came out awesome," said Poot.
"Thanks guys. So...we going?"
"Yeah."

Mac seemed like a pretty cool girl. She was into all the same music that I was into, had been to more concerts then you can count on your fingers and toes, and her hair was electric blue. I could tell we would have a quick friendship.
We walked in a pack down the sidewalk over to the pier.
"Are you excited?" Logan whispered over to me.
I smiled and replied," Yeah, totally."

The shimmering lights glistened all the colors of the rainbow. The blinking lights flashed wildly as we got closer. I could hear the 'ca-clunk'ing of the rides and people screaming as they rode the rides. The tempting smells of different food flooded over to where we were. Frankie and Gerard were whispering to each other while Mac, Mikey, and Poot were laughing amongst themselves.

"So, how'd you guys meet Mac?"
"We've been friends since the second grade. I'm glad you guys like each other, she's a really cool chick. I really wanted her to meet you. How about you and Frankie? You guys seem pretty close."

I shivered slightly. His tone had dropped lower and, for some strange reason, gave me the chills. A pit formed in the middle of my stomach. He flashed me a quick smile but that didn't erase the uneasy feeling that had just swept over me.
"Best friends since I can remember. Gerard's my next door neighbor, unfortunately, and Mikey's his little brother. Mikey introduced me to Frankie and we became quick best friends. Mikey's like a little brother to me. We've been best friends for a long time. Gerard..I don't really..get along with him all too much."

Logan let out a chuckle and replied, "Yeah, I can see that."
"Here we are, the pier," said Mac.
"Alright!" exclaimed Frankie.
I grinned at how excited he got. It wasn't really packed at all. Suddenly two cops appeared holding a girl in their arms walking towards us. She was struggling to get free but had no such luck.
"I just wanted to tap the pier! That's all, come on," whined the girl.
"Jade, that's the fourty-seventh time you've tried. When are you going to learn?"
"Never, I'm a rebel child, you know that. You'll never take me alive, coppers!"

I smiled at her response. The cops went past us and I waved at the girl, I'm guessing her name was Jade, and she grinned at me as she was carried off.
"I'd tap that."
"What?" I turned towards Mikey.
"You heard me."
"What's that suppose to mean?"
"I'd tap that."
I shrugged it off as we walked on.

"We'll be back in a flash, okay?" Logan said as he and Poot started walking off.
"Mmkay," I hummed as I spun around to find a familiar face.
I saw Gerard and Frankie over at the gun rack.
"People trust you two with guns? What's the world coming to?"
"Haha, very funny. I don't have too bad an aim, either," replied Gerard.
"Bet I'll beat you," challenged Frankie.
"You're on. What's your wager?"
Gerard questioned while he looked into the eye piece of his gun, awaiting the shake of the flag. His eyes glanced up at me as he pointed his gun at the chipped yellow ducks.

"Me?" I asked.
"Yeah, you."
"None of that bitch, whore, slut, none of that?"
"Nope. Now, what do you think?"

This is different...

"Hmm...."
"Ready?" asked the man holding up the raggedy flag.
"Naw, hold on a minute," replied Gerard, holding up a finger and looking up at me with a raised eyebrow.
I tapped my chin with a few fingers and looked at the both of them.
"Aw, come one, Gee. You know she's gunna pick me, right, babe?" Frankie asked up from his gun.
I smirked and replied," Hm..well.."
"You choose..." Gerard continued.
"You." I answered.
"What!?"
Frankie stood up, wide-eyed.
"He's got more anger issues then you do."
"Ready now?" asked the man who had patiently waited.
"Ya," answered Gerard looking through the eye piece.
The shake of the rag beckoned the boys to commence the shooting.

Why would he be nice to me like that? He's never like that. Ever. Nice and Gerard are opposite ends of magnets. I smiled to myself. I was totally unfamiliar to this side of Gerard. I wondered how long he'd keep this act, which it surely was, up because as the saying goes, 'what goes up must come down'.

The guns shot out blasts of color, Frankie's was green and, very fittingly, Gerard's was red.
After about two minutes a toy bell rang out causing the ducks to come to a stand-still. The stubby man went and tallied the marks of both players.
"Hey, kid, nice aim, you win, pick a prize," said the man as he pointed directly towards Gerard.
"Ha," said Gerard, grinning over at a frowning Frankie.
"Can I have that one?"
"Sure thing, kid." replied the man as he swiped the last duck clean of color.
The man handed Gerard his prize, a medium-sized black bear wearing a white bow tie with red polka dots. The man grinned over at Frankie and said, "Better luck next time, kid. It was close, he only won by one."
"You only won by one, dude, don't get cocky."
"Here."
Gerard softly nudged the bear against my bare arm.
"Hmm?"
"You want him?"
"You're giving him to me?"
"Yeah. If you don't, I'll just give it to sore loser over here."
"Are you on something?"

He wore a shocked expression complete with the infamous smirk.
"What?"
"Are yo--"
"No, I'm attempting to be nice. Why do you question that?"

I paused for a moment allowing his words to soak in. He pouted and pulled the arms of the bear apart to make it look like it was reaching for me. The corner of my lips tugged into a smile as I reached for the bear. He returned the grin as he handed me the bear. Before it reached my hands he quickly snagged it away.
"Wait wait wait...whatcha gunna name it?"
I screwed up my face in thought and replied, "Misfit."
"Good enough for me."
With that he handed me the bear.

"Alright, ready to go?"
Logan and Poot suddenly reappeared from the boardwalk.
"Yeah," I replied as Logan put his hand in mine.

I couldn't help but question:
Where the hell do they keep disappearing to?

"Yeah, can't wait," said Frank.
Logan, still clutching my hand, started off in the direction of the lines for the rides.

I turned to see who would be joining us when my eyes caught Gerard. Frankie was tugging at his arm in our direction. His smirk had disappeared and was replaced with a nothingness that I couldn't quite name. The play from his face was gone. He and Frankie were exchanging words. Then Gerard snagged my glance and soon Frankie had turned as well. I turned quickly to try and look like I wasn't watching.

"Hey, what's this?"
Logan softly tugged on the bear in my loose grip.
"Oh...when you were gone, Gerard won it for me."
He raised an eyebrow and looked down into my eyes.
"Gerard?"
"Surprise, I know," I replied as I turned to find him coming up from behind us with Frank.

I still didn't understand.