Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Confusion's Delusion

"Oooh."
My smile was snapped off as I looked up from my feet to see a smiling Frank and Mikey.
"Shut up and tell me you didn't see that."
"But that would be lying."
Gerard said from behind Mikey. His eyes, God, what's with his eyes today? Why did they all of a sudden have such an effect on me? They never have before but BOOM, out of no where I care.
"Alright, let's get a move on," said Mikey, breaking a potential awkward silence.

I held my new bear Misfit closer to me.
Our parents were there when we went back. We had left a note saying where we went that way we wouldn't get in trouble.
I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth before going to bed. Frankie had chosen to do the same. Our parents and little Megs said goodnight before going up to bed.
I brushed my teeth and a wave of freshness hit my mouth.

"You can't tell me you didn't see that."

I turned my head to Frankie, who was putting paste on his brush. He looked back up at me and then back down to his fingers which were fumbling with the cap of the toothpaste. I spit out some suds and turned the water on as I returned the brush to my mouth.

"And...you're just going to ignore it?"
I spit out again and whispered," I dunno, Frank. What am I suppose to do?"
"I don't know but I know you can't ignore it. I mean.. he did try being nicer, doesn't that show you something?"
"Frankie, come on. I know he tried being nicer but that can't possibly make up for the stuff he's done to me. As soon as I find someone that seems somewhat interested me and all of a sudden he's nicer? What's he expect me to do?"

He continued to brush his teeth and as soon as he cleared his mouth, he said, "I know. I told you, he's jealous. And, I know, that just cause a guy comes along he shouldn't have a sudden change. But you can't just sit there and ignore it, I know you."
"I hate you for doing that Frank Anthony Iero."
He looked at me with puppy sad eyes and raised an eyebrow.
"For what?"
"Making me feel guilty, you brat," I replied.
He continued to brush his teeth as he smiled and look at me through the mirror.

I spit for the last time and turned the water on again to wash it all away. I placed my toothbrush back in its case and back on the counter of th bathroom. Frankie quickly did the same and came up from behind and held my waist.
"I'm good at what I do," whispered Frankie.
We hiked up the stairs and we parted our separate ways. I went to walk away when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.
" I know..this is..really confusing. Gerard being nice and all. I know you're confused. I know you like that. Just ..think about what I said, kay?"
"I will," I whined.

He knew me that well. He figured me out with one look. He just knew..without words. It's like he read my thoughts. That's why he was my best friend.

He dragged me over to himself and put his arms around my waist in a hug. I put my arms around his neck and hugged him back.

"Good."
He let go after a minute or so.
"Night Frankie and...thanks."
I gently kissed his cheek after I had said it. I turned and walked towards my room.

"Night, gorgeous."