Hate, Love, and Sex Appeal

Sharing Minds

She looked puzzled but a second after, amused.
"Yeah, the one and only. Nice to meet you..."
"Brianna but just call me Bri."
"Hey, nice meet ya. Hey Mac."
"Hey Jade. No cuffs today, good girl."

A spark ignited my already burning question.
"What were you doing that night, anyway?"
"Tapping the pier," replied Jade, matter-of-factly.

She was gorgeous. She had choppy shoulder length jet black hair filled with chunks of red and white. It looked like she had a smile permanently glued to her face. She was taller then me and had more of an hourglass shape then me as well. Not that difficult of an accomplishment. Her eyes stuck out the most. A fierce piercing blue.

"What does that mean?"
She turned to Mikey and they scoffed as if sharing some inside joke. I side glanced at Mac, who shrugged and went along with it.
"Hey, you don't have the same accent."
"Way to be slow, Bri," said Frankie with a smirk as he snuck up from behind.
"Yeah, I'm from Jersey."
"She lives right around our block too," said Mikey.

We stayed for a few hours and then decided to meet up again in a few more hours. Mikey, Frankie, and I headed home.
"Where's Gerard?"
"He stayed home, said he didn't feel like coming," said Mikey.
I nodded my head in response. We reached the house in complete silence. Suddenly, i was hauled up over Frankie's shoulders.
"Hey, hey hey! What the hell?"
"Pool!"

I hate it when I'm chucked into pools. I'd rather just jump in myself. The water wasn't so bad, though.
"Kallabunga!!
"Wooo!"
Splash.
Splash.
Frankie and Mikey hopped in after they had forced me in.
"Hey guys!"
I turned around and was greeted by a smiling face.
"Hey Shoe! What's up? Where ya been lately?"

"Your mom and dad insisted I go with them all over," confessed Meg with a sigh.
"That must have been a thrill."
"No, it was nice. This town's pretty amazing. Comes close to home, huh?"
"No way!" Frankie shouted from the other end of the pool. Megs and I just shook out heads. That kid has the ears of a dog.

"So what's up with you?"
"Well...--"
"You've had fun without me already?"
"You can come with us tonight, promise. But anyway, I met this kid Logan. He's really awesome and I met a guy named Poot, their friend Mac, and this girl Jade. Logan showed me around the pier and the entire town, taught me how to ride a skateboard. Oh oh oh and he got me a surfboard."

The little wrinkles appeared as she raised her eyebrows in interest.
"Andd--"
"Whoa..dude, there's more?"
I quickly nodded my head.
"He kissed me last night. Do you think that's too fast?" I asked, scrunching up half my face.
"No way! Aw, Bri, he sounds awesome. I can't wait to meet him. Sounds like you've had fun. Oh how's the whole Gerard-share-room deal?"

I stayed quiet. I honestly couldn't answer that question because I had no idea what my answer would be.
I quietly snickered and said, "I..I honestly..don't..really know."
Confusion forced itself upon her face.

"Yeah, I know. You were expecting a 'I-wanna-shoot-the-kid-with-a-bow-and-arrow-of-flame' answer. It's weird, ya know?"
"Yeah, it's good you guys haven't murdered each other yet. But do you think it's cause you guys are living even closer?"
"Yeah it is because...just..it's weird. He's showing me a side I've never really seen before."
"Yeah...is he jealous of Logan?"

For a thirteen year old she was always able to read through lines to come up with conclusions like that. I guess that's why talking to her was so easy.

"C'mon you and Frankie, what's up? Why would Gerard be jealous?"
"I dunno...I just think he would be."

"Whoa whoa, whoa. You know way more then you're letting on, aren't you. You never say 'I dunno' without some sort of reason, Meg," I said with a quizzical stare.
He eyes fell down to her wiggling feet and only shrugged as a response.
"Why? Meg, what are you thinking?"
Her gaze shot up as she said, "Oh, it's nothing really."

"Ya-huh, mmkay. I swear, you and Frankie share a mind."